Website FORM Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact pag

Please help... I have done everything I have read on the forum. My contact page was working fine... till one day. I have rebuild it, re-named it, but still a 404 error. www.elandskloof.co.za

Comment

Re: Contact pag

Originally posted by Elandskloof View Post
      Please help... I have done everything I have read on the forum. My contact page was working fine... till one day. I have rebuild it, re-named it, but still a 404 error. www.elandskloof.co.za
      No, it is rather obvious you have not done everything as you have read on the Forums ...

Your Links all improperly point to a
      www.elandskloof.co.za/contactus.html page rather than to the page as it has actually been Published correctly as www.elandskloof.co.za/contact.php meaning you need to correct Navigation on all pages it is incorrectly shown and re-publish all of those pages. Pay particular attention to Tip #7 below and verify that the Form and the Page are named the same.
      Active Link To Your Properly Published Contact Page - Click To Verify > www.elandskloof.co.za/contact.php

2. Once you have corrected your global Navigation on your site and the page comes up properly, you should then follow Tip #10 below to resolve potential page conflicts.

If after all the above corrections have been made and you find your Contact page not working properly, then r
      eview the following Tip carefully and make corrections to your page(s) as necessary:
      Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      You should be able to find this simple thread in the Forums very easily to provide the solution you seek.

Any page that has a FORM (email Form) on it must be published as PHP, as dictated clearly in the Tutorials.

Review All Three Video Tutorials, AND the Page Instructions below each Video Screen:
      1. Form Wizard – Easy & Fast!
      2. Form Wizard – Creating a form from Scratch
      3. How to edit a Form (already created)

After reviewing the above thread completely and the Tutorials, do you still have a FORM on your page that is not working?
      Follow these steps specifically to find and correct your error:
      1. Open your page in BlueVoda
      2. Double-click on FORM AREA to reveal FORM PROPERTIES
      3. Make sure you have selected > "Encoded:multipart/form-data"
      4. Under FORM PROCESSING, select "Use built-in PHP form processor to send data to email address" (This selection also resets the page to automatically be published as PHP)
      5. Be sure to edit/enter your valid email address, replacing the example shown by default (yourname@yoursite.com)
      6. In PAGE PROPERTIES (access from the Toolbar via EDIT > PROPERTIES or by right-clicking on a blank area of the page in the Workpane > PAGE PROPERTIES), verify that the "File Extension" has been automatically reset to "PHP" ... if it has not been, make the correct selection to "PHP" before moving to next Step.
      7. Also in FORM PROPERTIES, make sure the 'Name' of the FORM is consistent with the name of the page (defaulted as "contact" but you can change it only if you also change the page Title similarly) ... and that your "Success" page has also been created and published for the FORM to present after processing (all parts of the script must be present and configured properly: FORM page, Success page, Error page).
      SAVE page only - do not add any page extensions when Saving or Publishing (even though the Tutorials incorrectly instruct you to do so otherwise)
      9. Re-publish page as saved

10. Use BlueFTP to connect to your Root Directory ("public_html/") and delete the previously published "contact.html" page to remove any potential conflicts between your pages.
      > How To Use BlueFTP To Manage Your Hosting Account (Upload/Delete Files, Create Folders, etc.)
      11. Refresh your browser to load the newly published ".php" page that remains on the server to your browser cache for full view.
      3. You have improperly created your SUCCESS page as http://www.elandskloof.com.za/action.html (indicating a very old method indeed -- Andy's old script, if I remember correctly) when it should be simply created as http://www.elandskloof.co.za/success.html .... Unlike the old script, when using the BV FORM (especially as generated by the Wizard) you do actually need to create, save, and publish a SUCCESS page to fulfill the FORM SCRIPT, you know .... the SUCCESS page does not mysteriously appear by itself! Same goes for an ERROR page, as noted in FORM PROPERTIES .... they are not difficult to create, and simply complete the functional logic.
      Remember to enter each page's Link properly in the FORM PROPERTIES (use the Drop-Down "Browse" button to auto-populate with your Saved pages)!

Here some examples from one of my websites to clearly illustrate the necessity:
      A. My
      CONTACT Page
      B. My
      SUCCESS page (seen after successful completion of the FORM)
      C. My
      ERROR page (seen universally only if they unsuccessfully complete any site FORM as required)

* Please note that while my site mentioned above shares a single ERROR page throughout, my SUCCESS page is actually named "contact-success.html" only because I have numerous Website Email Form Pages on this site and each SUCCESS page has specifically composed text to acknowledge each specific submission: this requires similar modification to the FORM PROPERTIES "Success" page hyperlink field (adding the "contact-" to the defaulted "success.html") .... you can see what I mean by comparing these same-site SUCCESS pages how the need for such specific Text replies compel one to create separate SUCCESS pages as a matter of simple proper communication (all Links are active):
      "contact-success.html" ... (replies to General Contact Form)
      "career-success.html" ... (replies to Career Inquiry Form)
      "advertising-success.html" ... (replies to Advertising Inquiry Form)
      "rates-success.html" ... (replies to Rate Request Form)
      "franchise-success.html" ... (replies to Franchise Inquiry Form) .... and so on.

For most websites a single "success.html" and single "error.html" page is enough, but you do have tools to do more!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you, will do. Thought I could fix the main pages first and see if it works before doing the rest of the navigation bar. Will fix later today and see if all works. Thank you so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Elandskloof View Post
          Thank you, will do. Thought I could fix the main pages first and see if it works before doing the rest of the navigation bar. Will fix later today and see if all works. Thank you so much.
          It is my pleasure to help you out ... just be sure to do each as mentioned in 1-3!

...and on we go!

Comment

Still Getting Form Error Message

I completely built a new form (http://www.b2bcopywriter.net/guide.php) to replace the form which was giving me an error message.

I'M still getting the following error message:

Warning: mail(/var/log/phpmail.log) [function.mail]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dcinzcom/public_html/b2bcopywriter/guide.php on line 80

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dcinzcom/public_html/b2bcopywriter/guide.php:80) in /home/dcinzcom/public_html/b2bcopywriter/guide.php on line 81

And, yes, I have created a "success" and "error" URLS.

So what's the problem?

Regards
            Dave Coyne
            B2B Copywriter

Comment

Re: Still Getting Form Error Message

Originally posted by DavidCoyne View Post
              I completely built a new form (http://www.b2bcopywriter.net/guide.php) to replace the form which was giving me an error message.

I'M still getting the following error message:

Warning: mail(/var/log/phpmail.log) [function.mail]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dcinzcom/public_html/b2bcopywriter/guide.php on line 80

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dcinzcom/public_html/b2bcopywriter/guide.php:80) in /home/dcinzcom/public_html/b2bcopywriter/guide.php on line 81

And, yes, I have created a "success" and "error" URLS.

So what's the problem?

Regards
              Dave Coyne
              Why don't you review this Thread above? You describe the same "issue" as many others before you, and they were able to resolve it properly after such simple review as well!

Pay particular attention to the handy Tip List mentioned in Post #27 ... and Tip #3 especially.

Comment

made form that worked, made changes to form and now it don't work

A few days ago, I made the form from scratch with the wizard and it worked. Today, I changed some field names, positions of fields, email addresses for it to be sent to, and values for the radio buttons. It has no required fields yet I get the error page now when the submit button is hit, I got the success page before. I then changed everything back and it still don't work.

seen at https://www.ezpayrentals.com/rentalapp.php

Many thanks
                Cebb
                CEBBCO
                Action Creative Team
                E-Z Pay Rentals

Comment

Re: made form that worked, made changes to form and now it don't work

Seen this, Mr. Flat?

Originally posted by cebb View Post
                  A few days ago, I made the form from scratch with the wizard and it worked. Today, I changed some field names, positions of fields, email addresses for it to be sent to, and values for the radio buttons. It has no required fields yet I get the error page now when the submit button is hit, I got the success page before. I then changed everything back and it still don't work.seen at https://www.ezpayrentals.com/rentalapp.php
                  There is a big difference between building a FORM "from scratch" and "with the Wizard" ...
                  If you are having this much difficulty getting a FORM formatted properly using the Wizard, I would suggest you instead build your own from scratch (using the individual Toolbar Icons to install individual elements onto your page, starting with the FORM AREA itself). It may be something of a bother time-wise, but I have never done anything but, and not only have the assurance that all is done precisely, but that it is created and customized exactly the way I desire. You can't really get that using the Wizard ...

Using the Toolbar icons (shown above):
                  1. Insert onto your BlueVoda page the "Form Area" which you can properly re-size as desired;
                  2. Insert the individual "Form Elements" (Name Fields, ComboBox, Text Area, Buttons, etc.) upon the Form Area completely within margins;
                  3. Insert CAPTCHA
                  upon the Form Area completely within margins;
                  4. Insert SUBMIT Button
                  upon the Form Area completely within margins in the last "sequential" position on the Form (usually lowest-right);
                  5. Review Form Properties formatting according to this List (especially Tip #3 ...
                  and the fact you have a SSL installed on your site requires that you be careful to configure Hyperlinks to Success and Error pages using the "https" rather than the normal "http");
                  6. SAVE Page;
                  7. PUBLISH Page

One last suggestion ....
                  Locate your SSL Cert off the FORM area entirely as it is not part of the FORM and will conflict with FORM Scripting
                  Sometimes doing things the Old Fashioned Way by attending to the details independently affords us greater freedoms!

Comment

Form

Hi ive created a form with the form wizard and when I submit it I keep getting a error 404 code

Comment

Re: Form

Originally posted by Graham Holden View Post
                      Hi ive created a form with the form wizard and when I submit it I keep getting a error 404 code
                      Same issue that has been described countless times here. You have yet to create a SUCCESS page and an ERROR Page to "fulfill" the script, and thus are getting a '404' Error (No Page Found).

Email Form Checklist

Always look in the Forums for solutions to common issues before posting .... most of the time, you'll find them and not have to wait to be answered!

Comment

Re: Website FORM Problems

Hi Vasil,
                        My website is : http://www.westberegarage.co.uk I have set the web form but i keep get this error message whenever i click the send button: Warning: file_get_contents(www.westberegarage.co.uk/error.html) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/westbere/public_html/index.php on line 33

I have created both the error page as well as the success page, taken all the steps outlined yet i'm getting this error. what am i getting wrong here? Please advise. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by detabz View Post
                          Hi Vasil,
                          My website is : http://www.westberegarage.co.uk I have set the web form but i keep get this error message whenever i click the send button: Warning: file_get_contents(www.westberegarage.co.uk/error.html) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/westbere/public_html/index.php on line 33

I have created both the error page as well as the success page, taken all the steps outlined yet i'm getting this error. what am i getting wrong here? Please advise. Thanks
                          I assume you are using ABVFP, since the Error presented "function.file-get-contents" indicates the Form is tasked to possibly verify or collate the Registration Number on the Index Page "Estimate Inquiry" ....

I am not one to analyze or deal with ABVFP issues since I do not use it. You might find some assistance from Navaldesign (who wrote it), and you can contact him via his website directly > www.DBTechnosystems.com

Comment

I'm not using ABVFP. I'm only using the normal form wizard on bluevoda. I selected the encoding option: application/x-www-form-urlencoded, as directed by the tutorial video. The "Registration Number" is just a label for one of the edit box of the web form i created. Please advise. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by detabz View Post
                              I'm not using ABVFP. I'm only using the normal form wizard on bluevoda. I selected the encoding option: application/x-www-form-urlencoded, as directed by the tutorial video. The "Registration Number" is just a label for one of the edit box of the web form i created. Please advise. Thanks
                              Lose the Wizard-created Form and manually create one on your own without the "suggested" encoding, implementing instead "simple" encoding that is available using the manual method (allowing only text and numbers, for instance). You will find not only a greater design freedom using the manual method, but will not have to deal with pre-configured parameters that may confuse or limit the proper processing of fields that you independently require.

Review the following previous post to familiarize yourself with the manual Form Creation Method:
                              > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/for...tml#post376564

Comment

submit button or success page not working

Hello,
                                I have read over the info on how to add a form using pre built wizzard, i have a contact us page, when you click on the email buttun it takes you to our eamil page with my contact form, i also created a success page, i have done everything and double checked, but when i go online to test it this is what happens.. i fill out the form, and type in the code then hit submit, once i hit submit it takes me to a blank page not my sucess page? im sure its something very simple, but i can not figure it out and its driving me nuts. could you take a look and maybe see what i am missing? thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X