Verify Links under Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verify Links under Tools

Hi, not sure if I have come under correct column but I have just noticed under tool, verify links. I think its new, well new to me :) because I have not seen this in the past. When I looked at it my links are not verified. Should this be changed to verified and what does it exactly mean?
    Does this change anything with Google because I have noticed that I have disappeared with Google when I use to be page 1 for nearly everything. Nothing changed, just gone bye bye. Should I change to verified or would I be stuffing things up more?
    Thank you in advance, Leanne

Re: Verify Links under Tools

They wont verify until you publish the links.

This wont change anything with google. Google has again changed up some of its algorythms, so lots of webmasters are wondering about the page rank. When you say STUFF? likely google just caught up to you OVER stuffing terms etc on a page or in meta tags etc.

Since you didnt post a link .. nobody can say.. only guess.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen, thanks for your response. All of the pages are published already but still showing not verified (I just hadn't seen this option in the past). Should I change it myself to verified? I have spoken with you in the past re disappearing from googles front section and you mentioned it may be my meta tags. You said that I should only put in there what is on that particular page not whole site, which I did but it has not changed anything. I have played around with meta tags again tonight and praying for something next time crawled. I have even done some reciprocal links hoping this will help it, it just does not make sense running away like that. The fact that I have changed it in meta tags will that help any. I actually thought that the spiders did not take much notice of what was in metatags these days rather more than what was on the web page.
      So what is the tools - verify links exactly for?
      And the site is lilyrose.com.au (you probably remember it now).
      Thanks again, Leanne

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
        They wont verify until you publish the links.

This wont change anything with google. Google has again changed up some of its algorythms, so lots of webmasters are wondering about the page rank. When you say STUFF? likely google just caught up to you OVER stuffing terms etc on a page or in meta tags etc.

Since you didnt post a link .. nobody can say.. only guess.

Karen
        SORRY JUST REALISED I SHOULD HAVE PUT IT HERE:::

Hi Karen, thanks for your response. All of the pages are published already but still showing not verified (I just hadn't seen this option in the past). Should I change it myself to verified? I have spoken with you in the past re disappearing from googles front section and you mentioned it may be my meta tags. You said that I should only put in there what is on that particular page not whole site, which I did but it has not changed anything. I have played around with meta tags again tonight and praying for something next time crawled. I have even done some reciprocal links hoping this will help it, it just does not make sense running away like that. The fact that I have changed it in meta tags will that help any. I actually thought that the spiders did not take much notice of what was in metatags these days rather more than what was on the web page.
        So what is the tools - verify links exactly for?
        And the site is lilyrose.com.au (you probably remember it now).
        Thanks again, Leanne

Comment

Working...
        X