Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I add internal scroll bars?

Hi,
    I would like to add to a portion of my site internal scroll bars. An example of what I would like to put can be found at the link below under the tab "LIVE" (sorry there is no direct link to this page):

Can I put in an internal scroll bar like that one using bluevoda, other than using an inline frame?

Thanks,

my site is http://www.coreycarlsonmusic.com

Re: How can I add internal scroll bars?

You would need to add your content and inside a script in an html box to do this.

Or.. use an iframe

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

So would I copy the code that bluevoda generates and place it in a script? Would it then automatically generate scroll bars, or would I have to do something else to get the scroll bars to appear after I put it into the script?

thanks,
      chris

Comment

You can see this css to an element, setting a width and height, and it will make a scrollbar if it doesn't fit inside the widthxheight

overflow: auto; width: ##px; height: ##px;

So if you have a <div> tag wrapping your text, you could do
        <div style="overflow: auto; width: 500px; height: 100px;">this is a very large block of text that would be very very long if I felt like typing more............................</div>

Hope that helps (You should be able to right click and add the appropriate code, however I don't use BV so I can't help with that)

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by cbaur09 View Post
          So would I copy the code that bluevoda generates and place it in a script? Would it then automatically generate scroll bars, or would I have to do something else to get the scroll bars to appear after I put it into the script?

thanks,
          chris

no you wouldnt use bv code.. youd use similar to what Chris gave you above in an html box.. which would include your text or image or whatever you wanted inside the scroll bars/box.

BV code contains structures that you wouldnt want wrapped again as it would just reproduce what you have inside another box.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X