How to password protect a page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to password protect a page?

How do I password protect a regular (html) page?

Thanks
    www.gabor-music.com

Re: How to password protect a page?

You can't do it easily. The only possible way would be through a server side authentication, based on a .htaccess and a .htpassword based protection. But since you would have to code this yourself, it might be rather difficult.

But, why can't you make the page .php instead of .html ? in that case you can protect it with the BV built in tools.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Navaldesign,

Let me try...
      www.gabor-music.com

Comment

Oh...how do I do that?
        www.gabor-music.com

Comment

I'm patiently waiting for the advice on how to make a .php page... (I know, perhaps I should know such things by now but I confess, I don't...) So, please, Navaldesign?
          www.gabor-music.com

Comment

Page Properties -> Page Extension -> set it to php
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Duh...

(It works, all of it).

Thanks, again.
              www.gabor-music.com

Comment

Sorry for the intrusion

... if I understand it, can I protect my web pages by simply selecting "page.php"?

... I still need to be protected, select "Protect page" in the menu "login tool"?

... I do not need to enter PW?

... what protection will I get this way? my page can not be changed from the outside?

Thanks, Giuseppe

Comment

Originally posted by giu22 View Post
                  ... if I understand it, can I protect my web pages by simply selecting "page.php"?
                  No, you need to protect your pages using either the "Single Page Protect" tool or the "Page Protect" tool. Please not ethese two tools do different things.

... I still need to be protected, select "Protect page" in the menu "login tool"?
                  Yes, but you also need to take also other steps, as per Tutorial. Did you read the Tutorial insrtuctions ? Please read again http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...-tutorial.html

... I do not need to enter PW?
                  Pease read the tutorial, it is explained there.

... what protection will I get this way? my page can not be changed from the outside?
                  Maybe you are confusing things ? No one can change your pages, unless he has access to your hosting account.

However "Page Protection" doesn't mean protecting the page from changes, it means allowing access to the page (to see the page) only to those users that are registered and have the correct username / password.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.
                    ... I'm completely confused things ...
                    ... another small brick to my knowledge
                    thanks again
                    Giuseppe

Comment

Dear Navaldesign

I would like to protect a website I am busy building up. So I would like each student to login with name and password, first before entering site.

1) example of page www.fiministries.com/master.html
                      2) I have looked for BV tutorials but cannot find any. Does any exist? If yes where do I find them?
                      3)If no turorial exists, please can you give me step by step instruction on how to protect my site?

Thanking you inadvance.

Yours sincerely,
                      Carmen

Comment

The tutorial is rather outdated, but still valid for most parts: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...-tutorial.html
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Dear Navaldesign

Thank you very much!!!

Have a super day!

Yours sincerely,
                          Carmen

Comment

Dear Navaldesign

My server IP does not exist on the drop down list `Create Data File Wizard` seen in picture 5 of the step by step instructions here: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...-tutorial.html

What do I do now? Please can you advise me further?

Thank you in advance.

Yours sincerely,
                            Carmen

Comment

Working...
                            X