This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vertically oriented photos

I have been using BV for some years. Just recently, if I try to add a vertically oriented photo to one of my pages, it is turned on its side and displayed horizontally. It can be flipped, but not rotated to its proper orientation.

Same camera as before. The images still display properly in Windows Photo Viewer. Have tried to check all my settings on the camera, in PIXresizer, etc. Perplexing and vexing. Any ideas out there?

vertically oriented photos

My recent problem is that when I put a vertically oriented photo into a BV page, it is being turned on its side, horizontally.

Using the same program and camera and settings as usual, I think. Images still display vertically in Windows photo viewer. Don't know what's causing this to happen in BV. Any suggestions out there?

Comment

Re: vertically oriented photos

Originally posted by Flecto V View Post
      My recent problem is that when I put a vertically oriented photo into a BV page, it is being turned on its side, horizontally.

Using the same program and camera and settings as usual, I think. Images still display vertically in Windows photo viewer. Don't know what's causing this to happen in BV. Any suggestions out there?
      > > How to ask for assistance
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vertically oriented photos, Take II

My url is http://www.andyhomeandaway.info

My recent problem is that when building a page before publishing, when I include a vertically oriented photo, it is being displayed turned on its side, horizontally. It can be flipped, but not rotated.

Using the same BV program version and camera settings as usual. Images still display vertically in Windows photo viewer on my computer. This has only begun recently. Don't know what's causing this to happen in BV. Any suggestions out there?

Comment

Re: vertically oriented photos

Your website does not seem to show anything of the sort: specify which image on which page your are referring to.

1. Your page is much too wide to comply with Search Engine Best Practice Standards. Your web pages should not be wider than 985 pixels wide.

2. Your Pages are not properly Named in PAGE PROPERTIES, and do not have the proper Meta Entries as is required. Review the Tutorials and many Forum Threads to learn both the importance and the methods of doing this.

3. If you are having difficulty with images and their orientation, you should "edit" them into the proper size and orientation before importing them onto your BlueVoda page. This is called "formatting" and is something you finalize before adding them to a web page. If you need a Photo Editor, you can download from VodaHost for free the PixResizer editor, which will not only provide all these edit features but will "optimize" your photos by reducing the file size at the same time.
          * Be aware that each image should be uniquely "Named" and that Name be "page-specific" with obvious Relevancy: each image needs a single-use name meant to "fit" with each page Relevancy specifically, for images that are used on multiple pages with the same name will lose formatting and become a "Continuity" issue overall.

4. Be sure you have reviewed this Post to see if this might also apply to you and possibly be contributing to your "issue" described in this thread.

5. In any event, be sure you are properly Creating, Updating, Saving, and Publishing your pages as described in this post.

> Complete Tutorial Archive

> BlueVoda Tutorials
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X