Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Google +1 Button

Hi guys

I’m trying to insert Google plus 1 button on my page a whole day without any success. I wrote Tom’s thread which you can see here: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/google-yahoo-bing/62891-add-google-1-bluevoda-wordpress.html and on the other hand the email I received from vodahost the other day where you can check it our here: http://www.vodahost.com/web-hosting-why-you-need-the-google1-button.html/

Everything is looking very easy and strait forward but it did not work for me. I can do that in 5 clicks of the mouse but the button still does not appear. The only difference is that Bluevoda place the code in the “Between Head Tag” section and the code looks like this:

<script type=”text/javascript” src=”https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js”></script>

and Tom recommends to insert the code in the End of Body” tab and the code he provide is a bit different. Anyway the rest is the same. You paste <g:plusone></g:plusone> in an HTML box and upload the page. I tried the both ways but the button still does not appear. Also I download the latest version of Blue Voda software in case mine is out of date and still no joy. Any help I’ll appreciate. Thanks

Re: Adding Google +1 Button

>> How to ask for assistance

OK, so per Forum Decorum, what is the URL to your site??

That is assuming you have published as the same Tutorial clearly points out, yes?
    Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post
    * The button will not appear until you PUBLISH your page.
    It is unlikely that this simple method works flawlessly for hundreds of others, but will not perform singularly for you .... without a URL to visit, it is impossible to assist you.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili

The URL is www.housepaintingideas.net and yes the page has been published using Tom’s method I’m still on it and trying to figure it out.

Comment

Vilio, the html on your page is correct--I pasted it into a page on my site and it worked fine. I'm wondering if you've created a Google profile for yourself? That may be the problem. Let me know if that works and I'll ask Vasili to edit the sticky. ... DONE, Tom. Take a look - since it's free and does no harm, creating an account ipso facto is now "required"
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

I have had exactly the same problem, and tried both methods as set out in the first post. I would be interested in finding out where I am going wrong on this as it gets frustrating after 3 hours of failure.

www.landscapedepot.co.uk

Comment

I don't see the code anywhere on your page, nbrown.

Comment

Hi Tom, I don’t have any Google profiles at all but I tried the code on other website and it works man. I don’t know what’s wrong with that one but definitely something is not right. I gave up I spent too much time trying I don’t want to waist another day. I guess housepainitngideas.net will be without Google plus 1 button. Thanks

Comment

vilio--I've been googling this quite a bit. One blogger I came across claims that the +1 button sometimes conflicts with other javascript on a page. That's the only other thing I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post
                  I don't see the code anywhere on your page, nbrown.
                  Tom, sorry I removed the code but will try again tomorrow.
                  Thanks

Comment

Hello Tom
                    Added code still not working, I entered the code in the end of body as shown.
                    Any Ideas where I am going wrong
                    Thanks

www.landscapedepot.co.uk
                    Last edited by nbrown; 08-08-2011, 09:16 AM. Reason: website address

Comment

Hey, nbrown--I'm out on my feet and it's time to hit the bed here in Hawaii. I'll check it tomorrow, first thing. Hopefully someone will have it spotted by then.

Best wishes.

Comment

Thanks Tom

Incidently I added the plus 1 button to my other site www.stovedepot.co.uk without a problem.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by nbrown View Post
                          Thanks Tom

Incidently I added the plus 1 button to my other site www.stovedepot.co.uk without a problem.

Thanks again
                          <script type="text/javascript">
                          (function() {
                          var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;
                          po.src = 'https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js';
                          var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);
                          })();
                          </script>

This above is what is on the Landscape page ....

<script type="text/javascript">
                          (function() {
                          var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;
                          po.src = 'https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js';
                          var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);
                          })();
                          </script>

The above is on the Stove site. The same script - no problem.
                          And, on the Stove site, your BV HTML Box with the proper code:

<div id="bv_Html1" style="position:absolute;left:767px;top:81px;width :55px;height:30px;z-index:58;" align="left">
                          <g:plusone></g:plusone></div>

It's on your Landscape site also:

<div id="bv_Html1" style="position:absolute;left:717px;top:115px;widt h:71px;height:34px;z-index:29;" align="left">
                          <g:plusone></g:plusone>

But, as you say .... it's not showing - for whatever reason. Not being a Coder, I have to rely on my visually omparing what I can find, and I don't see anything wrong, and therefore tend to think it is all about the way it was done, or the manner of installation or publishing which may have been different.
                          By the way ... where is the button suppsed to be, anyway? It is not clear where it might have been placed ... just curious (as if it may have some influence too, on the overall issue).

Something of a reluctant Pro when it comes to Google +1, I pretty much would focus the most attention to those troubeshooting efforts (precise implementation, duplication of what worked and analyzing the processes, the implementation) to find out where things went awry.

When it comes to things like this, all things being equal, you're pretty much on your own since none of us can know for sure exactly what you did or how you did it on the computer in front of you that we can't see, touch, or examine ourselves. Did the best from this side of the Net, but that's all I can do, it seems!

Good Luck.
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili

Thank you for your input.
                            The Landscape Depot link I attempted first, 3 hours later still no luck. I then placed the +1 button on the stovedepot site (same principal used) success.
                            I then went back to the landscape depot site made sure there was no code present from my previous attempt, I then adopted exactly the same principal used on the stove depot site and placed the code correctly without success.
                            Incidentally the button was placed to the left of where it says vacancies.

Thanks

Nigel

Comment

Hi nbrown,

I had the same problem and found the solution that worked for me was simply dragging the html box from the page to the background and right clicking on it then clicking on "move to front" or "move forward" (can't remember which) a number of times. Don't really know why this worked but think it may have something to do with using "shapes".

Comment

Working...
                              X