Let me have it ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me have it ;)

So I need an honest critique, dont hold back.
    Thanks people.

www.vonvinzenz.com

Vince
    sigpic
    www.vonvinzenz.com

Re: Let me have it ;)

Very Nice . Bravo.

Comment

Originally posted by live4schutzhund View Post
      So I need an honest critique, dont hold back.
      Thanks people.

www.vonvinzenz.com

Vince
      I like the color scheme; seems to fit well with your subject matter.

The only thing I would say is that the text is somewhat difficult to read in the areas where you are text heavy, for instance, on hte about us page, or the facility page. Could be the size of the font (might try 11) or could be the background color (try a paler grey?)

Also all of your pages are titled "Investor Needed" - Is this intentional?

Good luck with your project.
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Originally posted by larazovich View Post
        I like the color scheme; seems to fit well with your subject matter.

The only thing I would say is that the text is somewhat difficult to read in the areas where you are text heavy, for instance, on hte about us page, or the facility page. Could be the size of the font (might try 11) or could be the background color (try a paler grey?)

Also all of your pages are titled "Investor Needed" - Is this intentional?

Good luck with your project.
        On my flat screen at home where the page was created its allot brighter. At work this monitor is darker, I can see where if there were differences in brightness the pages would be harder to read. I will test out a lighter shade of gray and see what it does.

Yes the Investor needed is intentional, its only the index page as the rest are In Frame and dont show a title. Think I will change it though, point is made on the openning page.

Thanks for the feedback
        sigpic
        www.vonvinzenz.com

Comment

Ok so I changed the background to a lighter shade of gray. I also changed the text heavy areas to a gradient removing the orange outline and adding a 3D shadow instead. The gradient brightened it up a bit, let me know what you think.
          www.vonvinzenz.com
          sigpic
          www.vonvinzenz.com

Comment

Ok so I changed the background to a lighter shade of gray. I also changed the text heavy areas to a gradient removing the orange outline and adding a 3D shadow instead. The gradient brightened it up a bit, let me know what you think.
            www.vonvinzenz.com
            Yep easier to read for me..

good job!
            Liz
            www.sebastopolparty.com
            www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Hi Vince,

Great job! And a beautiful dog! I do believe you should take one more look at your font colors, in particular the captions for photos, such as you and Bruno in the snow. Perhaps something more contrasting would be easier to read. Otherwise it is looking good.

Keep it up,

Comment

Hey again,

One more, your homepage being called "news" on your navigation is a little confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by mwalsh62 View Post
                  Hi Vince,

Great job! And a beautiful dog! I do believe you should take one more look at your font colors, in particular the captions for photos, such as you and Bruno in the snow. Perhaps something more contrasting would be easier to read. Otherwise it is looking good.

Keep it up,
                  Ok I chose the off white for the on-gold text. Seems like a nice contrast to the gold without being white. I added a shadow effect to the welcome message at the top of the news page while I was there, gave it more depth I think.

As for the News, well, when the site goes active for what is intended for, not seeking investors but an actual kennel site, the News page will be there giving the latest up to date information from new dogs imported, trial results, show results, puppies etc. It will tell people coming back to visit where to go for the latest information.

sigpic
                  www.vonvinzenz.com

Comment

Originally posted by mwalsh62 View Post
                    Hi Vince,

Keep it up,
                    Hello mwalsh,
                    I just wanted to let you know that I visited your site and I wanted to point out a flaw on your page. I went to click on the link to "The Kitchen" and there isn't an address to it. I thought you would want to know that.
                    Diane
                    www.smallbizunite.net

At first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again!

Comment

Ok I chose the off white for the on-gold text. Seems like a nice contrast to the gold without being white. I added a shadow effect to the welcome message at the top of the news page while I was there, gave it more depth I think.

As for the News, well, when the site goes active for what is intended for, not seeking investors but an actual kennel site, the News page will be there giving the latest up to date information from new dogs imported, trial results, show results, puppies etc. It will tell people coming back to visit where to go for the latest information.

www.vonvinzenz.com
                      Hi,
                      I like your site and I love the quote about if you love what you do then you never work at all. I want to say thumbs up and hope you finish the rest of your site. I am still in the process of working on mine and would like an opinion once I publish.

Good luck on the investment!
                      Diane
                      www.smallbizunite.net

At first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again!

Comment

great website ... it certainly reflects the German shepherd dog and your passion ... well done and I hope all goes well for you and your dreams ...

a couple of comments ... I find your text too small and really hard to read ... try taking it up a point to 10 or 11 ...

also it would be good to give your pages individual names ... this is what appears in your browser winder in the top left-hand corner ... it is also good for SEO ...

I think you are on the right path with your website and have got the basics down ... now it is time to do the tweaking ... lol ... our websites are rarely finished ...
                        kym, merlin & tala
                        creating white majick
                        www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                        www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                        www.merlinsmajick.com
                        www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Working...
                        X