My new site. Let me know the good and bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My new site. Let me know the good and bad

This website is very aesthetically pleasing! The colors, boxes, etc. all work well together. I looked through for grammar/spelling and found a few that should be addressed:

Under Photo Gallery- there doesn't appear to be a space between "steps" and "stoops".
    Under Concrete- the fourth category of pictures says "concret" and needs an 'e' on the end.
    Under Services- the heading is a bit choppy. I would recommend "Whatever phase of masonry your project requires, no matter how creative or practical- we are ready and willing to complete it above your exprectations. Small jobs are always welcome."
    Lastly, the tagline- "we add appeal to YOUR property"

This site is easy to get around, helpful, and has lots of information. It looks great!
    Borgwald Funeral Home

Comment

Originally posted by dvbfuneralhome View Post
      This website is very aesthetically pleasing! The colors, boxes, etc. all work well together. I looked through for grammar/spelling and found a few that should be addressed:

Under Photo Gallery- there doesn't appear to be a space between "steps" and "stoops".
      Under Concrete- the fourth category of pictures says "concret" and needs an 'e' on the end.
      Under Services- the heading is a bit choppy. I would recommend "Whatever phase of masonry your project requires, no matter how creative or practical- we are ready and willing to complete it above your exprectations. Small jobs are always welcome."
      Lastly, the tagline- "we add appeal to YOUR property"

This site is easy to get around, helpful, and has lots of information. It looks great!

Thanks dvbfuneralhome, I really appreciate you taking the time and going over everything. Did it load load fast enough? Not too slow? Thanks again for the kind words my friend!
      http://www.dempskimasonry.com

Comment

Just took another look and it seems to load quite nicely. There appears to be the view of a page above your logo on the home page that may or may not be intentional.
        Borgwald Funeral Home

Comment

I updated my website. Please have a look and review

Let me know what you think about it and where I can improve. Thanks
          http://www.dempskimasonry.com

Comment

I will offer but one perspective (visual) for your consideration, and that being what I would suggest is an aberration in the overall page layout: your page(s) being typically "shorter" as if to fit entirely 'above the fold' (600 pixels) is rendered completely moot by placing the Header awkwardly so far down from the top of the page border itself, which is very obvious to even the casual eye as it throws off what would otherwise be a balanced and cogent layout ....

Just guessing, but it seems you can "raise" the entire page upwards 100-125 pixels and accomplish more visual perfection than to leave it where it is to 1. disrupt the natural "fit" of the page 'above the fold'; 2. lifting the page (and Header) upwards closer to the top of the page would also help to sublimate (lessen) the very busy contrast to the background image (which is still both incongruent and unnecessarily emphasized) when contrasted to the actual "page" design) without having to change anything else (as everyone prefers to not invest the efforts to correct and re-publish any more pages than is absolutely required); 3. and, it finalizes and refines the obvious and subliminal visual balance and natural flow (the way our eyes move about images, pages, reads, etc.) to make the site overall appear more appealing, "satisfying" (less conflicted), and ultimately more professional.

Just a thought!

PS: It's called a "Header" for good reason, and the W3C standards require the header to be the first and uppermost element of webpages, not extending into the Body of the web page as is on your pages ...
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X