How does it look so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How does it look so far?

Return to "ADHD DEMO BANNERS" and refresh it a few times so the updated INSET instructions that have been added are visible.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Again Thank You so much! You have gone well beyond to help me & I appreciate it so much! After re reading & looking over everything, I think the light bulb in my head is on now! I guess I should have waited until I had more sleep.....have a 3 month old son who had me up all last night!

Anyways.....I think I got it!! I am sure needs some adjustments, but I now know what I need to do! Thank You again :)

Tina
      ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

Looking Good!

...and on we go!

Comment

I am beginning to learn forum and I have watched the tutorial many times and followed exactly as shown and I get through it and when I click the link to log in to admin area and this is what I keep getting! I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and keep getting the same thing

Information

Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed as you do not have administrative permissions.
          Tina
          ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

Nevermind......It's working!!
            Tina
            ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

It's still in progress, but I am actually getting it and having some fun doing this :) Here is what I have done so far: http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/adhd01.html I know there's some adjustments to be made still! One thing I am having a little problem is inserting navigation in between the header and start of page! Everything I seem to put there doesn't look right :(
              Tina
              ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

Originally posted by mrstmb73 View Post
                I am having a little problem is inserting navigation in between the header and start of page
                It's all about configuring the appropriate Font Size in the MenuBar Properties 'Style' Tab and adding extra spaces after each Item entry to properly "space out" Navigation items horizontally in a balanced, normal-looking display. Use your mouse to rollover "RESOURCES" in the Demo to see how it functions.

ADDDITIONALY ...

Your Page Text is extended too far across the page and interfering with the other elements: it is important to "emphasize" Content by creating obvious distinction from the rest of the page, so you would be better off "narrowing" your Page Text display area significantly (not your white "Page Area" shape, but the Text Displayed on that Page Area).

This "narrowing" of your Page Text will be easier (and make more visual sense) if you do not add extra lines between your "Introductory Questions" that are also errantly shown in differing text color (making the content look not normally composed), as if to suggest they are hyperlinks to another page: not only is this clumsy "optimization" methodolgy very outdated and visually confusing, it is incongruent with the methods required by the "New SEO" outlines of using H-Tags for any "emphasis" of organically composed Textual Content (so to better fit in with normal Relevancy establishment). Also very important to keep in mind is to be sure all the "most important Content" (which later should have H-Tags applied) is always kept "above the fold"
                * not just for visual appeal and first impressions with intelligent interaction stimulated, but also as a demonstration of compliance to the Search Engines according to their expectations and processes of evaluating with regard to formulating Relevancy on how your Content was composed, displayed, and emphasized (optimized according to the "New SEO").
                Open your Test Page in another browser Tab, and then open the Demo in a Tab next to it so you can switch back and forth to compare the differences and to prove to yourself how the eye will pick up on the "problems" of the page before it begins to actually "read" the page. This is how carefully you must create a balanced visual appeal and invisibly integrate the technical aspects.

I would also check your image top-right of the Page .... the shadowing is much too dark and dis-similar to the left-margin Navigation area which has purposely been given a Shadow effect to make it stand out from the Textual Page Content: giving other elements on the page Shadows tends to appear overbearing when not fitting with the obvious continuity, especially when those elements are "additional visual contributions" and not formally linked to Page Optimization. My point is that it is not necessary, and genuinely is a distraction: "Less is More"
                To "match" the radiused shape of Left navigation gutter and the AdSense border (to maintain visual continuity) as seen in the Demo (which has a more balanced and cleaner overall appeal), simply create a SHAPE and select Radius Corner, and then select "Fill With Image" and your selected image will automatically be re-formatted with matching radius corners.

The explanations above may be over-the-top and technical, but simple visual appeal should always be your initial guide to a balanced, technically-compliant Visitor Appeal. Every detail is important and contributes to an optimally performing and functionally complete website. I have taken the time to comprehensively outline throughout this thread many of the methods, logic, and techniques that are not fully detailed elsewhere so that the many others reviewing this might benefit from the sharing and discussions.

Overall, you seem to be getting the hang of things quick enough, and once you sort out the difficulties of properly installing a Forum and a Blog, you will usher in the more tedious (and seemingly endless) task of "customization" and technical formatting ....

* Keeping important and initial impacting Page Content "above the fold" is a universal standard in web building, and refers to a common "media" concept going back to the Newspaper days, where the biggest, most important headlines and images were to be kept above the halfway-mark of the front page, so it would be visible when the paper was folded and on display in the hand, the racks, bundled, and in the lap of the reader. Typically in web building, the "fold" mark is 650 pixels down from the top of the web page, as this is where monitors of nearly all User-set resolutions will cut off the page view, despite the size of the actual monitor. Thus, keeping all your most important Content no lower than 650 pixels from the top of the page is in keeping with keeping your Core Content "above the fold."

Comment

I made some adjustments and published new version. To me it looks not quite right because the adsense is longer than text, but can't decide which adsense ad would look best in there. I tried the 120 by 240 one but to small, and when I added 2 of them didn't look right to me. I am sure I will get it figured out after experimenting :)
                  Tina
                  ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

I would still move your Page Text at least another 5 pixels to the right - as it is now, it is too close to your navigation for visual comfort.

You can always add additional items under your Navigation area to 'balance' things out once you know what all you'll be presenting as Navigation.

I would also move your White Page Shape Area (and everything else on the Page) DOWN at least 3-5 pixels in order to accommodate your yet to be installed MenuBar Navigation, so it is not unduly affected by the bottom shadow of the header.

You should eliminate the Hyperlink on the Text on the upper-right image and create over the entire image a transparent SHAPE to hyperlink to your Forum instead. This allows you to utilize the entire image area as a link rather than simply Text or image area around text placed over an image (you should see this inability to not be able to link both elements at the same time, just as in your Header: you should also create a transparent Shape and Hyperlink it rather than have your header linked only where text is not).

You have formatted the text in this image very unusually, and it is not appealing with the white highlights: use the LogoMaker instead to achieve better formatting and shadowing of non-bold text with colors that match your Header (for continuity).

Beyond these obvious minor adjustments, you should be fine proceeding on your own from here on out .... Good Luck, Tina!

Comment

Thank You again....you won't hear from me again until I get the site all done and want it reviewed before publishing it :)
                      Tina
                      ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

I have been working & re arranging site and I think I am doing ok, but have a couple problems. The first one is when I add the menu bar I can't figure out how to get it to go all the way across under header. I have tried everything, and the only way I can get it all the way across is to enlarge the text on it, but then looks hideous. The second problem is I can't decide if my new image on top right looks better with or without a border around it.

Here is the changes so far: http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/indexp.html
                        Tina
                        ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

Sorry wrong link, it published as main page http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/
                          Tina
                          ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

Originally posted by mrstmb73 View Post
                            I have been working & rearranging the site, but have a couple problems. 1.The first one is when I add the menu bar I can't figure out how to get it to go all the way across under header. I have tried everything, and the only way I can get it all the way across is to enlarge the text on it, but then looks hideous. 2. The second problem is I can't decide if my new image on top right looks better with or without a border around it.
                            1. This was mentioned above ...
                            Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                            It's all about configuring the appropriate Font Size in the MenuBar Properties 'Style' Tab and adding extra spaces after each Item entry to properly "space out" Navigation items horizontally in a balanced, normal-looking display.
                            For instance .... (referring to the Demo) ... when adding "RESOURCES" as an item under the MAIN navigational tree, after typing in RESOURCES you need to use the keyboard spacebar to 'add extra spaces' in order to create 'positive padding' between the Items in the horizontal display. Experiment. It can seem to take forever to figure out you need to add 6 and not 4 spaces after all the Items, but it is the only way. *Keep in mind you do not add any spaces after the last Item you enter (which is shown as CONTACT in the Demo)

The reason your image looks awkward is purely visual: A. The image you chose is "too white" in general nature, and does not have the contrast against the page background that is usually required for a natural visual impact. Also, the image border "competes" with the Bold Text formatted within the image. Try using a 'lighter' font that is not Bold, and seriously consider using another image with definitive contrasting colors (as shown in the Demo, for example). B. There is no need to increase the Border Width (which would eliminate the natural appeal) if these individual elements can be combined properly.

Something that has not been mentioned, but that is 'glaring' nonetheless -- and hopefully you will take this to heart without resistance: You have re-written your Index Page Content considerably, and have not only made some errors in syntax and sentence structure (which Flags with the Search Engines immediately), but you have made it much too personal, to the point of repetition and redundancy. The Index Page Content is supposed to be the perfected "Introduction" to the entire website, giving visitors (and the Search Engines) a clear indication of what is available on the Interior Pages and specific Sections -- something to provide visitors the compelling desire to engage and for the Search Engines a basis to formulate and evaluate the Relevancy of your site. As it is written now, it seems as if you are straining to establish some personal note or credibility, as if to transfer it to the site (which is supposed to be all about offering Support, information, insight, and resources). This "personalization" needs to be carefully composed, and specifically reserved for the ABOUT section and not plastered on the "Front Page": you do not want visitors to think the site is nothing but a compendium of personal opinion and just another lame site that does not maintain objectivity or a professional aspect. Not only is is coming across as disorganized and/or confusing, but it is a definite 'Turn-Off' and telegraphs a very unprofessional attitude. Who would want to join a Forum or believe in the resources if it is simply one person's opinion being projected? The "personal insights" and revealing of your character (if not credibility) is usually a result of interaction in the Forum discussions and "positions" you share in some Articles.
                            It should always be your official position to temper personal opinion with the dedication to universal fairness and professionalism in how you provide useful, generic support, resources, and information.

Some insight on writing website Content can be reviewed here, with the concept that is most important being to consider ALL the nuance involved when interacting with a faceless mass that visit your website. It's all about becoming (and staying) relevant and in regard by those whose interests you serve.

Comment

3. Something that has not been mentioned, but that is 'glaring' nonetheless -- and hopefully you will take this to heart without resistance:
                              I appreciate your advice & won't resist your advice :) You have already been a big help to me and I am grateful for that! Thank you for your advice.

but you have made it much too personal, to the point of repetition and redundancy.
                              I did that because I thought the more I use the keywords of my index page, the better, but you are right, and that will be changed too!

Thank you again.....you have been so helpful!!
                              Tina
                              ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

I spent all day today working on menu bar and thought I had it almost looking right, so I published it and when I did, I must have did something wrong cause it is messed up. you can see here what I mean: http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/index2.html

I was under the heading & between white page area, but it wasn't after I published it. I am still working on the padding settings on menu bar, but obviously I did something wrong placing the menu bar

I took your advice & changed up the info on page and changed the picture as well http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/
                                Tina
                                ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com

Comment

Working...
                                X