Clear All

Re: Tell A Friend Script

Thanks Naval :).
    Belinda B.
    BB Destination Express

Comment

Hello Navaldesign

I saw you script and it works great, now I think I am going to be a pain and ask the following, but still is going to be go for other users to.

Is there any change you can mod the exsisting code so it's either

Tell a Friend [FRIENDS NAME] @ [EMAIL] (SEND)
      OR
      Tell a Friend [EMAIL] (SEND)

With the added bonus of the content of the body of the email.

Because I am thinking of space

And the other question instead of going to another page, can the SEND change to DONE or SENT

Just a thought

Many thanks Wayne

Comment

It can be done easily: delete the additional fields from the TAF form. Just make sure that if you change the layout, all the fields and buttons are still in the form area. You can rearrange the fields, change colors, make them smaller, whatever you want.

Please also note that this TAF script has been posted when VH pollicy about email required SMTP authentication to send emails to an external (non VH) email address. Now it is not any more required, as this pollicy has changed, so you could simply create your own script, more or less like a form mailing script as described in the forms tutorials.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hiya Naval,

I *think* I've followed your instructions correctly, but have ended up with a problem when I click the "Tell a friend" button. I got the following error:

Message was not sent
          Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: data_not_accepted

I used my CPanel login information... should I have used my email password instead of the one I use for the CPanel?

The addy is: http://www.ccabincandles.com/tell_a_friend1.html

Apparently I've missed a step somewhere, or messed up something you've set up... have any ideas?

Thanks in advance. :)
          Kellie

Cozy Cabin Candles and Crafts
          http://www.ccabincandles.com

Comment

I have absolutely NO idea what happened, but it's decided to work, with no help from me. lol Thanks anyway!
            Kellie

Cozy Cabin Candles and Crafts
            http://www.ccabincandles.com

Comment

Hello

Sorry I am back again, I have uploaded the files in there own directory,
              and I have changed lines

18 $mail->Username = "USERNAME"; // SMTP username
              19 $mail->Password = "PASSWORD"; // SMTP password

22 $mail->FromName = "DOMAIN.com";// The From name you want to appear in the email

Saved this then went to tellafriend.php location

And I get

Message was not sent
              Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: recipients_failed

Want have I not done? Can you please advise

Many thanks Wayne

Comment

What do you mean "then went to tellafriend.php location " ? the script should only be accessed by the form, not directly. Please post here the URL of the tell a friend page so i can have a look.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval
                  I have had a go with your tell a friend script. I might have messed up the form? Anyway I can't get it to work.. I changed the tellafriend.php adding my user and pass, uploaded the three php files to my public directory and puplished the tell_a_friend1.html. When I press the send button I get a 404 on the tellafriend.php
                  Any ideas what I have done wrong?
                  Cheers
                  John
                  http://www.madmermaids.com

Comment

PS to last post... Just tried it with unaltered form html and it still does not work.
                    John

Comment

I have tried your Tell a Friend and it WORKS. It DOES send the mail. So, i suppose that the problem is that it doesn't find the
                      "returnpage" and it gives you the error message. if you get a better look at the script, you will see that at the end, there is a line like

header("Location: returnpage.html"); // returnpage is the same page of the form or another of your choice.

You need to change the returnpage.html with the actual name of the page where the visitor will get redirected after he has used the TAF script.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks Naval for the quick reply... I had not scrolled down to find the returnpage!!! All works fine now Thank you.
                        Just one thing (why I said it did not work) When I sent message using my web e-mail it worked fine but when I sent it to my hotmail it did not. Any ideas?
                        Cheers
                        John

Comment

I'm afraid not. The script makes use of the php mailer class, so it should work with ANY email address. If you still have problems, please let me know and i will eventually provide you with another script.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Hi,
                            My name is Boris from Slovenia, Europe. I am new in Blue Voda. First want to say Hi to everyone. Can somebody help me how to activete tell a friend emails. I dont know how to put telafirend.php to server. Thanks

Comment

Hi Naval,

I got the same error of another site builder but you didn't post the fix last time.

I tried your site and it worked ok.

What's wrong? Is it a login problem? Am I supposed to use my cPanel login info or my email login info?

Many thanks in advance!

VMS

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to localhost:25 (Connection refused) in /home/seljtex/public_html/class.smtp.php on line 105
                              Message was not sent
                              Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: connect_host

Comment

Please post here the URL to your page with the TAF form. Are you sure you have uploaded all files, and given your email address in the script ?
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X