X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Wordpress in cPanel

Hi'
    Just one last quick question.
    I want to install Wordpress as a stand alone blog with the domain name of www.cashblog-n.com.
    In cPanel when I click on File Manager the box comes up giving me the options of all the domains I have there by themselves(cashblog-n.com) or with my main domain(cashblog-n.com.trygoogleadwords.com) added.
    I would choose cashblog-n.com by itself correct?
    Now I'm need to choose a directory to open, my choices being:
    Home Directory
    Web Root (public_html/www)
    Public FTP Root (public_ftp)
    Document Root for:
    I know this is simplistic stuff, but I want to get it right the first time.
    As always Thank You for your help
    Jerry

Re: Installing Wordpress in cPanel

Jerry....

You are making this HARDER than you have to . Are you doing the manual install or the fantastico install?

If either case its not going to ask you about public ftp or public html.. its going to assume its public_html and some folder or not.

Youre giving me a headache! That means you are about two seconds from a knock out mac smack. Dont think.. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.. its self explanatory! Theres a step by stem manual on the wordpress site.. USE IT. I dont get paid to hold your hand or rewrite the manual!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Sorry Karen Mac...I apologize for my ignorance, I do tend to over analyze.
      If your knock out mac smack can be done digitally, I'm ready for it.
      I thought I might send somebody over the edge, although I thought it would be Vasili LOL.
      Anyway, in answer to your question, I'm not using Fantastico, I have no blog on my account now so no content or anything to worry about.
      As I said before this will be a fresh install of the Wordpress files from Wordpress.org.
      I had already set the blog up with Fantastico but deleted it to install the newer version 2.6.3.
      Thanks Karen Mac(I would use the smiley face with sheepish grin, but I don't see it here)
      Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by jerryl View Post
        I thought I might send somebody over the edge, although I thought it would be Vasili LOL.
        You might have indeed, but not letting it show is a mark of professionalism, right?

Admittedly, it does get old harping on the same principles over and over again: follow the steps outlined precisely, without interpretation, and with attention to detail. There is no need to pontificate or cogitate any further, nor to delay the results anticipated. Everything about web building is strictly linear logic (just as the computer thinks), and it will always prove to frustrate any human aberrations.

BTW: Looking for this?

LOL
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
          You might have indeed, but not letting it show is a mark of professionalism, right?

BTW: Looking for this?

LOL
          Its not a question of professionalism. Its a question of you can only go so far in explaining, and then its redundant. Somebody has to STOP it somewhere.

Now with that said... the worst you can do is get an error and have to start over. If you do the steps, you wont have questions.. you will SEE what happens when. If you want to do it yourself.. this is part of the process. If you want ME to do it.. then HIRE ME...but I dont re write whats available for you to use for free!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Seems Karen is offering to do this for you, Jerry!
            If I were you, I would seriously consider taking her up on it to get the results you desire .... not only is she afffordable (whatever the cost, in this case particularly, it would be worth it), but she produces predictably reliable results!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Yeah, I know Karen would be able to do it for me, and I'm sure it would simple for her to accomplish, and I do appreciate the offer, but...I need and want to learn to do everything myself.
              I really don't want to p*** anybody off, I'm just sadly lacking in knowledge of basic computer skills.
              Update: I just bought a couple of books to hopefully gain some of those skills.
              I also started uploading the files, and quickly realized doing them one at a time was going to take forever so I installed Filezilla and Bam there they were in no time.
              Thanks again for your support,
              Jerry

Comment

OOOo...sounds like I'm in the right place! I want the newest version of wordpress.org using my vodahost account to host it! I don't have time to follow directions(maybe- depends how much $ U want)...so Karen, how much? I do have wordpress.com account already- is it possible to move the content? my email: rtiedeman08******.com let's visit about this! I totally reorganizing my site...actually simplifying it. I'm changing my main domain name first, then going head over heals on my blog. Thanks, Rachael

Comment

Hi Please excuse my ignorance but if you want a stand alone Wordpress blog with its own web address shouldn't you be creating it on the wordpress site or create a website, host it on BV then create your blog.

I say this because the way I have seen it is that a WP blog done via CP can only be an add on to an existing site.

Please feel free to correct me.

Regards Ianric
                  Ian
                  Web Graphics, eBook Covers, Headers, and Buttons
                  ImageWizard.biz

Comment

You can make it a domain.. however you want to do it. It can be a main domain .. it can be a subdomain, it can be in its own folder to an existing domain or subdomain. It can even be an addon domain.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                    X