Guestbook Spam - YUCK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guestbook Spam - YUCK!

Last week, for five days straight I got spam from the same online company pushing ****** and ****** on my guestbook. Of course, I visited their site and used their contact form to send angry letters telling them to stop, which they have, but not before they nailed me three more times! So now I have these tacky ads on my guestbook, which is supposed to be for testimonials from people giving feedback for my service. Obviously I need to find out how I can delete these messages right away and I also wonder if there's a way to block certain addresses or perhaps there's a spam filtering option? Any help is appreciated.

Re: Guestbook Spam - YUCK!

you can do this via cpanel - file manager - public_html - your website folder - - guestbookdb.php in here you will see all your messages, just delete the ones you don't want
    www.nativeskins.co.uk

Comment

You might also be able to put an IP/url block on them in your cpanel.
      I'm using a guest book that needs authorization from me before a post is allowed. Would be nice if BV introduced this.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
        You might also be able to put an IP/url block on them in your cpanel.
        I'm using a guest book that needs authorization from me before a post is allowed. Would be nice if BV introduced this.
        I agree!!!!!
        HumBird
        www.Humnew.com

Comment

I to have suffered from SPAM as well on my guestbook but when I tried to delete the entry it would only delete a little when I tried to delete the rest off the delete option is black and unable to click it the who is option is still functionable.
          I have banned the ip addys as they are posted. I can not edit the page on the server or the admin login on the page itself.
          Is their away to back up the entires that have been made in the book as there is nothing but the code for the guestbook and no entrys unless viewed via browser.

Comment

Working...
          X