X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to get google+1 to work

Hello,

I have tried for over 2 hours to get google+1 on my webpage but with no luck.

I just dont understand all the the following:

The HTML code below will add a basic Google+1 button to your website. Add the <script> tags inside the <head></head> section of your site and add <g:plusone></g:plusone> wherever you want the +1 button to appear on your website.
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>+1 demo: Basic page</title>
    <link rel=”canonical” href=”http://www.example.com” />
    <script type=”text/javascript” src=”https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js”>
    </script>
    </head>
    <body>
    <g:plusone></g:plusone>
    </body>
    </html>

What bits do I put in and where?

Can someone explain in the simpliest form please, I am not to clever with computers!

Thank you.

Re: Unable to get google+1 to work

This should help HERE.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Originally posted by henandmac View Post
      Hello,

I have tried for over 2 hours to get google+1 on my webpage but with no luck.

I just dont understand all the the following:

The HTML code below will add a basic Google+1 button to your website. Add the <script> tags inside the <head></head> section of your site and add <g:plusone></g:plusone> wherever you want the +1 button to appear on your website.
      <html>
      <head>
      <title>+1 demo: Basic page</title>
      <link rel=”canonical” href=”http://www.example.com” />
      <script type=”text/javascript” src=”https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js”>
      </script>
      </head>
      <body>
      <g:plusone></g:plusone>
      </body>
      </html>

What bits do I put in and where?

Can someone explain in the simpliest form please, I am not to clever with computers!

Thank you.

I can't make it stay on my website. I mean as the website opens I see it only for a second and then it seems to be disappearing under the banner I have at the same spot.

Comment

Did you follow my link above, Mathilda? If so, it should work--but be sure your html box is on top of the banner. If your banner is a Flash banner, it will appear on top of everything because that's what Flash does.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post
          Did you follow my link above, Mathilda? If so, it should work--but be sure your html box is on top of the banner. If your banner is a Flash banner, it will appear on top of everything because that's what Flash does.
          I mean the banner will be on top of your +1 button.

Comment

Thanks Tom,
            I had put the <g:plusone></g:plusone> also in "Page HTML>End of Body".
            Do you think I must put it in every page I publish? The fact is that nobody knows about it yet and although I would click on " Like" button in facebook I'm quite sure I wouldn't do it for a website. Simply the reason we "Like" somebody's posts is the fact that we know him and we want to show him what I think about them. Why would I "google+1" him if I don't even know who he is?
            What do you think?

Thanks anyway for your help.

Comment

The Google +1 'Like' button is page and Content-specific, and intended to "share" specific bodies of Content just like most other "Share" tools. That is why the Google instructions prefer you place the function 'within the body of the page, at the beginning and ending of content sections.'
              It should be on each page of your website for best results.

People look for and use tools they are familiar with ... meaning that although many do not yet have a '+1 Account' it is anticipated that the number of people that join and create accounts will surpass the growth pattern and total number that Facebook presently experiences. You simply are better off having things in place to best serve what today is a minority and which tomorrow will become a majority (less website updating required, yes?).
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I agree with Vasili--the +1 button will become super popular if for no other reason than it's Google.

Comment

If you have the +1 Button on your website and no one clicks on it, will it end up being a hinderance for your rankings?
                  Delle Luce
                  Fine Candles & Soaps

Comment

Originally posted by KJay_34 View Post
                    If you have the +1 Button on your website and no one clicks on it, will it end up being a hinderance for your rankings?
                    No ... but if a Visitor that has a "+1" account visits your site with no button on it, Google takes note of not only no interaction but also that no tools that they consider 'standard and necessary' are available, since the whole Metric of "+1" is built upon the premise of 'bobber data' -- that all recmmendations, trends, recommendations, comments, etc. is a positive activity that is liikely to indicate a trend or predictable formula to apply marketing effort toward generating predictable results from will rise to and bob along the surface of online activity musch like a float does on a fishing line (and they admittedly are fishing for information to exploit and sell). That and Google keeps track of everything a "+1 Accountholder" does online .... did someone whisper 'Big Brother'??? LOLOL!

This is how they tie the "sharing of Content" in a seeming innocent and Facebook-like manner to creating values for websites (SERP), as this activity is based on how many accountholders visit, how many share, and what "status" those that do share hold within the +1 Community.

Comment

Please note that the Google +1 button will NOT appear if the user that visits the website doesn't have a Google account or if he is NOT logged in in his Google account.

This is because the Google +1 button is designed to gather "recommendations" only from "known" users, which, under the Google logic, means users that have a Google account and are logged in.
                      Navaldesign
                      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                        Please note that the Google +1 button will NOT appear if the user that visits the website doesn't have a Google account or if he is NOT logged in in his Google account.
                        Sorry, but this is not correct!

I am still on the "waiting list" for activating a +1 account, and as such do not have an active account nor can I be tracked as one (whether by IP or being Logged in), yet I still see a fully active +1 button on sites across the Net (they are fully active, not "missing" nor "grayed out" or minimized at all).

The functional button will present universally, but like an email link when clicked when Outlook is not open, the "Like" function will remain as if in a "Draft" or kept in que as if in an "Outbox" until the time that an account is established and "activated" by logging in for them to "send" and finish processing ....

Comment

Sorry, I was not clear in my wording, what I meant is that in order to see the +1 button in Google serach results you must be logged in your Google account:

Please go on google's site: (+1 documentation)

Scroll down the paragraph: Who sees +1

The +1 button shows up for signed-in users of Google.com using a modern browser.
                          Navaldesign
                          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                            Sorry, I was not clear in my wording, what I meant is that in order to see the +1 button in Google search results you must be logged in your Google account
                            THIS I agree is the situation, for without an Account (an "association"), there is no point, no reason to display results that one does not "participate" in creating or would benefit from.

It is terrible how wording and terminology carries such dramatic impact, isn't it?? Being so careful and precise ALL the time can be tedious and exhausting, let alone when trying to compose universally cogent while still remaining effective .....

I am glad that was settled, so our BV Peers do not get confused about why they should install the "+1" buttons on their sites, and what they can expect as a result.

Thanks again for the making that clarification!

Comment

This may be a dumb question, but do you have to have a Google account in order for the button to work on your website?

I am in no way familiar with Google, and have been debating whether or not to put the button on my site... however, I like to err on the side of caution, and am all for anything that will make my site more attractive to Google. lol
                              Delle Luce
                              Fine Candles & Soaps

Comment

Working...
                              X