Color Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Codes

It would be nice to be able to enter the color code when using a custom color, i.e #000000 instead of entering Red, Blue and Green numbers.

Hope that makes sense

Re: Color Codes

This would be nice, also maybe give the color codes when we select colors from the color chart. I find it hard to get the same exact colors of the custom colors i picked in the chart to match the color on the previous page i made (e.g. background). Maybe have the option to key in the code, and the previous color selected will show its code so we can just input it when we are setting up the other pages? Is this possible?

Comment

Not quite the same thing. But this colour piker is a handy free desktop tool that reads out the main 3 colour codes. Just pop in a fictitious email address if you don't want the spam.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

And don't forget BV has an eyedropper tool on the custom color window.
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Well the numbers in a hex color code (ie. #FFFFFF) are exactly the same as the numbers in a RGB color code (ie. R: 255 G: 255 B: 255)

If you don't know how to convert a base 10 number (normal number) to base 16 (hex), you can use the calculator on your computer.

First take the 6 character number and break it into 3 groups of two.
          Open your calculator, make sure its in scientific mode (view -> scientific), make sure "dec" is selected. Enter one of the groups of two characters into the calculator and then select "hex" on the calculator. It will convert the hex into a regular number. Just repeat for all three groups ("dec" -> enter number -> "hex")

The order of RGB is the same for a hex number #FFFFFF

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip View Post
            Well the numbers in a hex color code (ie. #FFFFFF) are exactly the same as the numbers in a RGB color code (ie. R: 255 G: 255 B: 255)

If you don't know how to convert a base 10 number (normal number) to base 16 (hex), you can use the calculator on your computer.

Open your calculator, make sure its in scientific mode (view -> scientific), make sure "dec" is selected. Enter one of the groups of two characters into the calculator and then select "hex" on the calculator. It will convert the hex into a regular number. Just repeat for all three groups ("dec" -> enter number -> "hex")

Well, I'll be darned CJ ... nice tip!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip View Post

You lost me at 'scientific mode'...haha
              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Register/Login Script
                Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
                X