• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2

Unfortunately it is 2 MB
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello Naval

I have to build a "Contact Us" page for my site ( www.alfil-sa.com ) but I have not yet started with it.
      I am using BV-10.1. I have read in other posts that BV-11 has problems with form pages built within BV-10.
      Is this BV-11's issue still valid or was already solved? Or, should I build this page using VB-10 and do not switch yet to VB-11? Or else?

Thanks in advance for guiding me ... once again.

----------------
      German
      German
      www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Please continue using BV10 until BV11 becomes stable.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
          Please continue using BV10 until BV11 becomes stable.
          Hello Naval

I stayed with BV10 as per your suggestion. However I have not been able to install AVBFP. This is what I did:
          1) I uploaded the AVBFP files to a folder named AVBFP, created in the public area.
          2) I created the "AVBFP" database in my site using Cpanel. I assigned the name, user and password for this database.
          3) I went to the form opened in the page "http://www.alfil-sa.com/ABVFP/dbts_install.php"
          4) I assigned new user's name and password (supposed to be valid only for this operation)
          5) I provided the other information asked for (copied from the CPanel database management) and accepted the EULA.
          6) I tried then to install the ABVFP in my site but I keep receiving this error message:
          "Could not connect to the database. Please check Database details !"
          I checked and repair the database within CPanel, just in case, but the result is the same.

Did I misunderstand some step? Please advise.

--------------
          German
          We are a premiere pond and waterfall installer in Oregon’s Willamette Valley and surrounding areas. With Willamette Waterscapes, you can be assured your water feature will be of the highest quality.
          German
          www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

When you created the username and password for the ABVFP database, did you grant this user permissions to access the database itself ?
            Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
              When you created the username and password for the ABVFP database, did you grant this user permissions to access the database itself ?
              When I created the database, I gave me (the user) all permits. But, for some reason, even if the user was created, it was not associated to the DB. I was sure I had pressed the button "Add". When I added the user to the DB, the AVBFP installation was successful. Thanks a lot !!

German
              --------
              We are a premiere pond and waterfall installer in Oregon’s Willamette Valley and surrounding areas. With Willamette Waterscapes, you can be assured your water feature will be of the highest quality.
              German
              www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

HiNaval,
                I had problem in directory (when VB server went down) all my files in ABVFP where corrupted ( I had protection 0000 and I could not changed it) so VB support deleted directory ABVFP and I deleted database ABVFP. I want now to start over:
                I created ABVFP database and assigned user with password
                I copy unzipped files to directory and copy link
                http://www.modelszoo.com/ABVFP/dbts_install.php
                this is what show in browser:

Internal Server Error
                The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
                Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@modelszoo.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
                More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
                Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
                Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at
                www.modelszoo.com Port 80

Please help

Comment

Obviously the folder permissions are wrong. Normally should be 755.

See if they are correct or not-

If you can't change them it probably is a more generic issue that only support can solve.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Naval,
                    I did changed protection to 755 it was 777 for some reason,
                    but now when I fill first tutorial it show me:
                    "Could not connect to the Database Server. Please check user details !"

I had screen shot what I have before when everything was working.
                    in first 3 lines I can fill anything (username, password)
                    Database Name: CPmyname_ABVFP - (myname-I use real name of database and Database user))
                    Database User : CPmyname_(myname- name of user I assigned to database)
                    password I assigned to that user

I thing I am fallowing instruction
                    Did I mist anything?
                    Please help
                    Thank you Eva

Comment

If the database details (DB name, DB user , DB password) are correct, the only reason for not connecting is that you have not granted permissions to that user for the ABVFP database.

Go in your CP and ADD the specific user to the ABVFP database, granting ALL permissions.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Naval again,
                        I checked database an the password for user assigned to database and all privileges
                        I don’t know where else to look.
                        Thank you
                        Eva

Comment

Hi again,
                          I went back to databse in my CP all privileges are checked on.
                          I change password for user in database and in the tutorial, it still show same error.
                          Please help
                          Thank you Eva

Comment

The ONLY reason for this error is mistaken db details or user not been granted permissions for THAT database.

There is no way i can help you without entering your account control panel to check these details.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Hi,
                              I can give you access, should I do it with e-mail?
                              Eva

Comment

Though my site contact form.
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X