This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2

404 means that ABVFP can't find either the thankyou page or the error page.

If it was the Formid to be mistaken, you would recieve a "Illegal Form Submission" or a "The form has not been correctlt setup" message.

Check the URLs you have typed in the thank you page and error page fields.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Actually they're in the right place. This is the error I got:

Not Found
      The requested URL /dbts_abvfp.php was not found on this server.
      Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Comment

Without a link to your form it is very hard that i can see anything. From the error message which you posted now i understand that probably you have set wrong the form "action".

Open the working form page in BV and copy the action from there.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

The action is dbts_abvfp.php

and I'm still getting the error message

Comment

A link to the form please ?
            Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by Anton Joubert View Post
              Is it possible to do some calculations within a form for instance -shopping for items and doing the calculation automatically within the form

Regards
              a
              I have installed ABVFP at www.emeter.uk.com/ABVFP/ What seems to be the problem - it only shows the index of all the files in the folder. Please help!

Comment

Already sent Sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Anton Joubert View Post
                  I have installed ABVFP at www.emeter.uk.com/ABVFP/ What seems to be the problem - it only shows the index of all the files in the folder. Please help!
                  In the zip you have downloaded, there is an "index" page, which you obviously didn't upload.

Upload it in the ABVFP folder so that the script can work properly.

However you have missed other files too, like dbts_ABVFP_admin2.php, dbts_ABVFP_loggin, and probably others (I didn't check further)

Make sure all files are uploaded or the script won't work.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Naval, yup it's a domain issue. Now it's working, thanks a lot!

Comment

Hi Naval,

I'm using Dreamweaver CS4 to build my websites. I have a question if you don't mind.

1. In Dreamweaver now, there is a built in AJAX library which contains form validation. Using AJAX to validate form and combining your form processor wouldn't hurt right?

2. If Dreamweaver provides me with AJAX validation (I use it because it shows errors on the spot and uses a great JavaScript effects to do that which I like). So in this case, if I skip the validation steps in your processor, would everything works just fine?

Thanks in Advance
                      The Producer

Comment

1.No oblem at all.
                        2. Ajax validation is based on a Javascript so it can be overiden. So i suggest that you use both the Ajax validation of DW AND the php validation system of ABVFP
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Naval,

1. Thanks for the response, you mean overiden by hacked/spammed?
                          2. And to use the PHP validation, I will have to create the error page right?
                          3. But the AJAX of DW doesn't allow the form to submit unless all Fields are valid, and the control of contents written in the field and value is as controlled as your processor - unless if question "1" occurs to be positive.

What you think?

Thanks again
                          The Producer

Comment

1. If a whatever user (hacker or not) has Javascript disabled in his computer, the Ajax validation (which is based on Javascript for the HTTPRequest) will fail.

So, a spammer will be able to send you tons of spam. That's why i suggested using BOTH validation systems.

2- To use the php validation as built in in ABVFP, you need to create the error page AND correctly name the fields according to the ABVFP validation system (see ABVFP Manual)

3. As said: with Javascript disbled, this validation is disabled. Please note that MANY people (not only spammers and hackers, but normal users as well) have Javascript disabled.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

YES,

I can't believe I didn't think of that, thank you so much, you're absolutely right.

-----

Now, just knowledge question:

I know Captcha stops the Auto fillers etc from submitting the forms automatically.

the main thing that prevents hackers and spammers from playing up with the forms, is it the Validation?

Thanks again
                              The Producer

Comment

No, validation is the process of examining each field to see if the content complies with what it is expected to be. An email field content is checked to see if it has a valid email address format, a numeric field is checked to see if the content is a number and so on.

So in example, if you disallow links (http://www......) ina comments area, the spammer can't post there a series of links (as they usually do)

The captcha instead is a method to distinguish humans from machines (bots) that can fill in your form automatically and send you spam.

A secure form requires combination of many features. Captcha, Javascript (or Ajax) validation, PHP validation, etc.
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X