Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wordpress theme blog page gone, unknown path.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wordpress theme blog page gone, unknown path.

Can anybody tell me where to find sample theme Wordpress blog page is or how to find the URL. I understand the best way to install Wordpress is into your Root Directory, but after using Fantastico from my Cpanel to install Wordpress, then when I click on view my blog page it opens my existing website home index page. Am I missing something here, shouldn't it open the Wordpress theme blog page.

Re: Wordpress theme blog page gone, unknown path.

Originally posted by dtr View Post
    Can anybody tell me where to find sample theme Wordpress blog page is or how to find the URL. I understand the best way to install Wordpress is into your Root Directory, but after using Fantastico from my Cpanel to install Wordpress, then when I click on view my blog page it opens my existing website home index page. Am I missing something here, shouldn't it open the Wordpress theme blog page.
    No, you really don't understand at all:

1. If you want to REPLACE your BlueVoda website with a Wordpress installation, you install it in the Root Directory ("public_html/"), meaning you do not "fill in the directory box" in Fantastico;

If you want to KEEP your BlueVoda website and create a "Blog" separate from it to link to, then you "name" the installation by typing some name in the Directory Box during installation in Fantastico, and Fantastico will automatically create the new Directory you just named and install Wordpress into it

..... just as it is clearly outlined in the Tutorial!

And ... to "get to" your installed Wordpress Blog, you follow the links that are permanently shown on the Wordpress Installation Page in your cPanel (which will show each and every installation present in your Hosting Account).

Example:

Option 1 Installation > www.YourDomain.com ....
    .....and the Wordpress Dashboard >
    www.YourDomain.com/wp-admin/

Option 2 Installation > www.YourDomain.com/newdirectoryname/ ....
    .....and the Wordpress Dashboard >
    www.YourDomain.com/newdirectoryname/wp-admin/

You should review all these concepts and become familiar them exactly as they are outlined in the Tutorials!

> TUTORIAL: How To Install Wordpress Using Fantastico in cPanel
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X