This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vertical allign problems in display

I'm having problems with pictures not aligning vertically with the relevant text, when viewed from a Mac (using Safari, I believe). The problem gets worse the further down you scroll, with the pictures seeming to float further upwards with relation to the relevant text. In Blue Voda everything looks fine, as it does on PCs using Firefox, Google Chrome and IE.

I read the recent post about horizontal alignment problems, but those issues are not a problem for me.

Hope someone can help, please! Haven't had much luck with Customer Support...

Re: vertical allign problems in display

>> How to ask for assistance
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili,
      I did give Customer Support the exact URL.
      Guess I'll try again...
      Maybe 3rd time lucky?

Comment

You miss the point entirely: in order to diagnose and intelligently offer possible solutions, we need to see the page in question. If you wish to effectively participate in these VodaTalk Support Forums, you need to comply with the Rules, Standards, and Expectations at all times.

And, since this is clearly an on-going issue that you are engaged with Customer Support with, you should have not posted in the Forums in the first place --- again, a Rule.

Just so you know, I suggest the "issue" is likely due to you using an improper method to create (and to duplicate) your pages, and how both dynamic (Menus, Conveyor, etc.) and static elements (images, with and without same titles) are affected ... also something discussed repeatedly in these Forums. Another possible cause would be elements outside of page margins that are automatically "reforming" to the page body: make sure everything does not extend outside page margins. And, a third may be simply breaking up any 'longer' Tex Boxes into multiple smaller Text Boxes and placing them properly as desired, since large Text Boxes do not hold formatting over extraordinarly large pages areas.

Comment

vertical align problems (2)

Hi Vasili,
          Thanks for your links. Actually, I started writing on the forum only after Customer Support closed my support ticket.
          I don't want to be a trouble maker! I just want someone to be able to confirm that there is indeed a problem with vertical alignment on Mac using Safari. I've happily used Blue Voda for 6 years on other projects (and, all being well, I'll continue to use it after this issue is resolved) but I've never come upon a problem like this.

Thanks also for the suggestion of what the problem might be. My problem is different, but it's my fault for not giving you the URL.

Here it is: http://www.joyofbarefootrunning.com

Top of the page is fine - it's as you scroll down with a Mac using Safari.

Many thanks for any help or suggestions,
          Tallis

Comment

Re: vertical align problems (2)

Just thought I would update, in case it helps anyone: the problem was solved by using several, MUCH shorter text boxes, instead of fewer, longer ones.

Comment

Re: vertical align problems (2)

Originally posted by tallis View Post
              Just thought I would update, in case it helps anyone: the problem was solved by using several, MUCH shorter text boxes, instead of fewer, longer ones.
              Not surprised .... and is why it was suggested!
              Originally posted by Vasili View Post
              Just so you know, I suggest the "issue" is likely due to you using an improper method to create (and to duplicate) your pages, and how both dynamic (Menus, Conveyor, etc.) and static elements (images, with and without same titles) are affected ... also something discussed repeatedly in these Forums. Another possible cause would be elements outside of page margins that are automatically "reforming" to the page body: make sure everything does not extend outside page margins. And, a third may be simply breaking up any 'longer' Text Boxes into multiple smaller Text Boxes and placing them properly as desired, since large Text Boxes do not hold formatting over extraordinarly large page areas.

Comment

Working...
              X