• How to Import an existing HTML page into BlueVoda

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: How to Import an existing HTML page into BlueVoda

Thank goodness this tutorial says that you will have editing to do! I imported a page I did in word and it now has a lot of editing since importing to BV.

Comment

Importing existing HTML pages into BV

BV's ability to import existing HTML pages directly from the Web is amazing (although I have no idea whether other web design programs can do the same). Two things that I think should be mentioned in the video tutorial:

1) The URL you type into the "Import HTML Page" dialog box must begin with "http://". Yes, the tutorial shows those characters being typed in before "www.google.com" but it does not say they are REQUIRED in order for BV to import the page. I must have tried a dozen times or more to import various pages before "discovering" this requirement. Remember, it is now common to refer (both in writing and in conversation) to domains without the "http://" and even the "www."

2) Many existing web pages are copyrighted works. This 'Import Existing HTML' tool makes it very easy for a VH customer to grab someone else's web page, tweak it any way they want to, and post it to any domain the customer controls. This of course would be a copyright violation for which the customer could be sued. There should be a warning in the tutorial, and maybe even in the tool itself when it's used, about copyright infringement.

These enhancements to the video tutorial seem like they would be easy to make . . . and could save BV users a lot of time and trouble.

Comment

Re: Importing existing HTML pages into BV

Originally posted by jimchicago View Post
        BV's ability to import existing HTML pages directly from the Web is amazing (although I have no idea whether other web design programs can do the same). Two things that I think should be mentioned in the video tutorial:

1) The URL you type into the "Import HTML Page" dialog box must begin with "http://". Yes, the tutorial shows those characters being typed in before "www.google.com" but it does not say they are REQUIRED in order for BV to import the page. I must have tried a dozen times or more to import various pages before "discovering" this requirement. Remember, it is now common to refer (both in writing and in conversation) to domains without the "http://" and even the "www."

2) Many existing web pages are copyrighted works. This 'Import Existing HTML' tool makes it very easy for a VH customer to grab someone else's web page, tweak it any way they want to, and post it to any domain the customer controls. This of course would be a copyright violation for which the customer could be sued. There should be a warning in the tutorial, and maybe even in the tool itself when it's used, about copyright infringement.

These enhancements to the video tutorial seem like they would be easy to make . . . and could save BV users a lot of time and trouble.

Smart person! but you have to know that when you are doing a transfer you cannot use a copyright version. BV is a life of its own and as well any other. There are ways to transfer a domain that is established. And Im am sure that Vodahost will help you with that. But you cant use something that may be a infringement any where with in any host you go to.
        get your site together and know what the laws are there then relax here.....
        My opinion........

Comment

Thanks, but please clarify what you mean by "when you are doing a transfer you cannot use a copyright version." If you mean cannot because it's illegal, then I agree. But I find when using BV's Import HTML Page tool that I am able to pull in copyrighted pages from some very well known sites. I'm not publishing them to any of my domains, of course, but it appears I could.

Comment

Originally posted by jimchicago View Post
            Thanks, but please clarify what you mean by "when you are doing a transfer you cannot use a copyright version." If you mean cannot because it's illegal, then I agree. But I find when using BV's Import HTML Page tool that I am able to pull in copyrighted pages from some very well known sites. I'm not publishing them to any of my domains, of course, but it appears I could.
            Darlin' VH is not a law firm. If there is something you feel wrong. then look into it. otherwise settle down. Anyone can take someones pages ... I can take yours and use them as my own..... and that is the internet... If you want security then ask VH for to secure you content. and then you will have a secure area to work with...
            other wise why are you afraid>

Comment

The internet is a complete absolute unsafe place. I dont like people using my photo graphs..but ya know! I do make money on originals! and poo on the ones that make a deal. As One day they may be found..And what IS YOUR worry>
              Whats your site? Chik boy

Comment

about how to add html code

hi im not understanding after building a page with blue voda how to add html code?? if i want to upload some down loadable files for my visiters,wat can i do for that plz can help ,still iam a a learner......???????

Comment

Hi Nagraj . . . you are kind of asking two different questions here, so:

1. To add HTML code to any BlueVoda (BV) page, watch this video: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/add...a-webpage.html

You should also watch this second video about adding HTML to a page:

2. To make files available for download from your site (read the post dated 2-15-07, 3:43 am):

These videos say (and show) it better than I can!

Comment

Hi! I've imported an existing HTML page from my own site into BlueVoda (because I accidentally deleted it from BlueVoda and wanted to restore it). I saved the page as a bvp page, and everything seemed OK, but when I tried to preview the page, it said: unexpected file format.
                    I understand that I have to reformat the page, but how can I do it?
                    I opened the HTML code, and I didn't find anything wrong with it. What should be reformatted?
                    Please, any suggestion.
                    Thank you.
                    Impulse

Comment

Most likely your text elements and images.. since I cant see the page to tell you... thats my best guess

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

is it possible to import other script (like java script VB script etc )either in VB or by using some other tool ???
                        Ankit Chaurasia
                        Maya Fan Air Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
                        www.mayafan.in

Comment

Yes if its embedded in the html. However... VB is microsoft software and most likely NOT compatible.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

My computer crashed and by trying to restore my pages from the website I have tried to follow suggestions, unfortunately I didn’t find anybody giving step by step importing website pages.

When HTML box opened:

1st - I copy and paste my website home page name
                            2nd – I click on Import and enter index.html or other names, unfortunately with no result

Can anybody suggest how far my stupidity go…?

BK

Comment

Thanks - it was so simple!

Have a nice day.

Comment

Working...
                              X