This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

thank you. I tried again just now. It still didn't work, but I got a different error message:
    "Method not allowed: The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /index.html."
    I'm trying to load up a simple newsletter registration form on my homepage. www.amyfrazierworkshops.com. Thanks!

Comment

Why have you set the form action to be action="http://www.amyfrazierworkshops.com/index.html" ???

It should be: action="http://www.amyfrazierworkshops.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php"
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I wanted to add, that since I'm putting the form into my homepage, I have named it http://www.yourdomain.com/index.html, per the tutorial.

Thanks,
        Amy

Comment

sorry, didn't see that you'd replied. I guess I got the info backward, misunderstood that note in the tutorial I just reference. I will make the change and let you know. Thank you!

Comment

Ok, I changed the action, and now I'm back to the illegal form submission error page. Can't figure out where I'm going wrong with this...

Thanks,
            Amy

Comment

Well, I backed all the way out, deleted the files from my computer and FTP, and re-installed the ABVFP.v2. Now the message I get when I go to
              http://www.amyfrazierworkshops.com/A...ts_install.php is

"You don't have permission to access /ABVFP/dbts_install.php on this server.
              Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request." I checked several of the file permissions, and they were at 644.

I was able to get further last time before I hit a logjam. Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Thanks,
              Amy

Comment

Hello again.

I'm still having the same problem. Is there something I'm not doing correctly when putting a form on my index page, I wonder? In the ABVFP cp I have the Form URL as http://www.amyfrazierworkshops.com/index.html per the instructions in the question field.

When you say " This happens when the form URL is different from what is declared in the ABVFP control panel as form URL," I'm a little confused, because the form URL is the same as my index page URL...and that's what I have listed in the Control panel.

I found the problem with the permission, btw. But I'm now officially back to where I started with "Illegal Form Submission." and a little bleary-eyed. Thank you for helping!

Amy

Comment

In your menus, the home page is typed as http://amyfrazierworkshops.com/index.html

without www. Even a www. missing is interpreted bt the script as a wrong referer and it gives you this error pessage.

Type, as form URL in the script, http://www.amyfrazierworkshops.com/

and make sure that in your menus the index page is provided the same way
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yea! Thank you! It was one of those tiny things I just couldn't see!!

It appears that all is well. Thank you very much!

Amy

Comment

I'm having a bit of a problem.

Everything appears to work great EXCEPT that the e-mail that comes to me from the form has a blank To: field. I set it up in ABVFP admin area but it's not there on my e-mail and thus I get a "A message that you sent contained no recipient addresses, and therefore no
                      delivery could be attempted." in my mail client that the e-mail is supposed to go to.

This is the header info in the error e-mail

To:
                      Subject: Custom Order Submission
                      X-PHP-Script: www.amonaug.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php for 71.86.192.31
                      MIME-Version: 1.0
                      Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
                      boundary="==Multipart_Boundary_xe660289746d3e93e78 de4cc91aefefd9x"
                      Message-Id: <E1Jc6Bn-0007zg-7a@voda23.voda23.com>
                      Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 16:51:15 -0500

On the auto-responder e-mail that goes to the submitter everything is great, works perfect.

Opening up dbts_abvfp.php in wordpad I have this
                      // now we'll build the message headers
                      $ndmailhead = "From: $ndemail\r\n" .
                      "MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n" .
                      "Content-Type: multipart/mixed;\r\n" .
                      " boundary=\"{$mime_boundary}\"";

Shouldn't there be a "To: " line in there or is that someplace else in the script that I missed?

I'm not very experience in scripts but can make out some things sometimes.

Comment

No, this is not correct. The scripts follows a loop to send to all email addresses. so the to: is hardcoded in the loop.

Check your email address in the script. Make sure that there are no whitespaces or " , " where there should not be. If you wish contact me with your ABVFP login details and the form URL so i can have a look.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                          No, this is not correct. The scripts follows a loop to send to all email addresses. so the to: is hardcoded in the loop.

Check your email address in the script. Make sure that there are no whitespaces or " , " where there should not be. If you wish contact me with your ABVFP login details and the form URL so i can have a look.
                          Thanks, login info sent

Comment

Just an update.

Thanks for the help Navaldesign (AKA George)

Apparently my problem was in Outlook Express 6 account setup of the emails. When I went into the webmail provided in the control panel (Horde) the emails were fine. So instead of trying to figure out how to setup Outlooks correctly I'll save myself the headache and use the webmail.

Thanks again

Comment

"Could not connect to the database. Please check Database details !"
                              I m getting this error. Please help me.
                              I have entered the following data in my installation form:
                              e.g. my Cp username is abcdefg, username is form

Domain Host: localhost (is that to be localhost as it is)
                              Database name: abcdefg_ABVFP
                              Database username: abcdefg_form
                              Database password: ******

I am wondering if i entered the right data in the form. If yes, wat would be the problem. Can anyone help me please.

Thank you
                              Regards
                              Attraction Passes
                              Adventure Travel
                              Europe Train Pass
                              www.mirabeltravel.ca

Comment

Never mind, i got it. i didnt add my user name properly before.
                                Sorry to bother you guys.
                                Voda Host rocks.
                                thanx
                                Regards
                                Attraction Passes
                                Adventure Travel
                                Europe Train Pass
                                www.mirabeltravel.ca

Comment

Working...
                                X