Adding JAlbum to BV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding JAlbum to BV

I really like the Jablum. How do I add it to my BV site. Also how do I add text to the JAlbum pages.

Re: Adding JAlbum to BV

Hello,

CAN I GET SOME HELP HERE. PLEASE

Comment

me toooo??
      Feyza

www.sesan.org
      Self Representing Art Workers

Comment

There is so many skins & combinations that make jalbum as versatile as it is, it would be impossible to give an answer without saying what configuration & skins you are using, as many work in different ways. But the easy way to use jalbum on a BV page is via an iframe with a link to your jalbum url. If using iframes! would recommend keeping the popup images (large one) as small as pos to save them creeping under the frame when enlarged. There is also a good forum at jalbum.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi everyone,

Its been a while since I did my Jalbum tutorial but it should still be good enough to get you started. Hope it helps and if you have any other question, please feel free to drop me a line and I'll try and help out as best as I can. Oh and one more thing ...i think it's missing in the tut...at the end use Iframes in your site where you want the album to be and link it. Ususally it will be something like ...http://www.yoursitename.com/album.html

The album can be named whatever you want it to be and uploaded to your server using JAlbum or via ftp. My album for example is below...so take a look to get an idea -
          http://www.beezworld.com/mytravels.html

Ok...good luck and welcome to VH.
          Beezz
          sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi there people!

This is how you use JAlbum:

1) Install JAlbum software at YOUR PC
            (NEVER,NEVER in BV or somewhere else)

2) Run JAlbum and CREATE youre ALBUM in there
            ( choose skin and make the settings)

3 PUBLISH your ALBUM THROUGH JAlbum

4) Make a text or a button LINK from your site to the JAlbum folder you just created

(a link like this: http://www.arosgate.com/jalbum/metal/index.html )

Go to the JAlbum forum and ask your question there.They will help you out there.The support there are GREAT.

Create stunning online photo albums with jAlbum. Discover the most powerful web album making tool there is!

Regards Supermax

www.arosgate.com
            I don`t speak English,i speak Swedish.If you don`t understand my English you can ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by beegud2 View Post
              Hi everyone,

Its been a while since I did my Jalbum tutorial but it should still be good enough to get you started. Hope it helps and if you have any other question, please feel free to drop me a line and I'll try and help out as best as I can. Oh and one more thing ...i think it's missing in the tut...at the end use Iframes in your site where you want the album to be and link it. Ususally it will be something like ...http://www.yoursitename.com/album.html

The album can be named whatever you want it to be and uploaded to your server using JAlbum or via ftp. My album for example is below...so take a look to get an idea -
              http://www.beezworld.com/mytravels.html

Ok...good luck and welcome to VH.

Hey Beez,

I watched the tutorials and understood all of them. BUT I have a different version of JAlbum (Version 7.4) Which version you used the tutorial? I can create an album and that's all...I saw in the tutorial step 7 that there're links that you used. I don't have any link things...Clearly I don't know how to name the album and where it should be put..As I upload the files to my FTP its okey. BUT as using inline frame WHERE SHOULD I FIND THAT LINK that opens the album??? Was that clear? Oh I'm so desperate :/

I know you answered these questions millions millions time but please help me...
              Feyza

www.sesan.org

Comment

And also I can't see the step 11 of the tutorial...I could watch till the 10. step...
                Feyza

www.sesan.org

Comment

Hi. if you have uploaded the album to your server you will have a folder with the name you called the album. Go to your cpanel & find that folder in your public_html area. (assuming this is where you uploaded it) Go into the albums folder & look for a file called index & click on it. It should now show you a url link on the right hand side of your c panel. Click on this link & the album should open. This is the link you would use in the url field of your iframe.

Good luck.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanx Chris but where is the public_html in the CPanelX?
                    Feyza

www.sesan.org

Comment

Ah you mean I should go to the FTP Control Panel?
                      Feyza

www.sesan.org

Comment

Chris,

Should it start like : FTP:// ??
                        Feyza

www.sesan.org

Comment

Thanx guys!! Beez, Chris and Supermax you are great!!I did it!!! If anyone need help, I will be here!!!
                          Thanx again...I love this forum!!!
                          Feyza

www.sesan.org

Comment

Originally posted by feyza View Post
                            Hey Beez,

I watched the tutorials and understood all of them. BUT I have a different version of JAlbum (Version 7.4) Which version you used the tutorial? I can create an album and that's all...I saw in the tutorial step 7 that there're links that you used. I don't have any link things...Clearly I don't know how to name the album and where it should be put..As I upload the files to my FTP its okey. BUT as using inline frame WHERE SHOULD I FIND THAT LINK that opens the album??? Was that clear? Oh I'm so desperate :/

I know you answered these questions millions millions time but please help me...
                            Hey Feyza,

LOL...no problem answering a million questions....and as Chris said ...check you public_html folder for you album. See step 8 - the PUBLISH section of your JALbum and that is where you tell JALbum what you want to call the folder your album goes into - eg. I call my folder 'my travels' and so when I link it is www.beezworld.com/mytravels.html.

As for IFrames ... in BV you click on the IFRAMES icon and place it where you want on your page and in the IFRAMES properties box place the link where your album is located - www.yoursitename.com/youralbum and viola that's it. Preview to make sure you pictures are falling nicely in you IFRAME and adjustt he frame to your needs and publish.

Section 7 of the tutorial shows the skin properties and although i useda much older version I believe the new version does the same. I'm using a mac now and the mac version seems to still have all the same features and most things seem to follow the same path. I will be redoing that tutorial but for now...I'm afraid a bit busy.

Hope that helps in clarifying things....buzz me if you need anythign else.
                            Beezz
                            sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Hey,

Does anybody know if JAlbum supports .gif files??
                              Feyza

www.sesan.org

Comment

Working...
                              X