Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opening browser in new tab

Hi there

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but I can't find anything else more appropriate. I have links in my site that opens a new instance of the browser (popup). What I want to do is open the new window in a tab of the opened browser. Can someone point me in the right directions?

Thanks
    Millie
    www.subeagle.com

Re: opening browser in new tab

Hi millie,

This should be in the computer forum.

It is a browser setting. You can go to options and select tag browsing.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by millie View Post
      Hi there

www.subeagle.com

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but I can't find anything else more appropriate. I have links in my site that opens a new instance of the browser (popup). What I want to do is open the new window in a tab of the opened browser. Can someone point me in the right directions?

Thanks
      The tab setting is a browser setting. You can command it to open in a new window and if the user has set up their tabs in ie and firefox it will open a new tab instead of a seperate browser window.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Zuriatman and Karen

Thanks for the reply. Karen, when I test using FF in my machine, and I click on any of my links that is supposed to open in a new window (tick on popup), a new instance of FF is opened. To make sure that it is not FF, I tried following a link from other sites and they open in a new tab. You can test this by clicking on "What's it all about" link, and then clicking on any of links on the right side of the window (Augusta, Royal and Ancient, etc.) Meanwhile, I shall hunt in the computer forum.

Thanks

Millie

Millie
        www.subeagle.com

Comment

Hi Millie,

working fine here. Clicked on most of ur links and they open in a new tab in my FF. No pop-up and no new windows

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
          Aguycanbeachhostel
          Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

As Karen already stated, it's a browser setting that will have a link with target set as _blank to open in a new tab instead of a new window.

If a browser is not configured to do this, it will open in a new window as intended.

There is no way for the website to specify if a page should open in a tab instead of an entire new window. Only the user or the settings on their browser can effect this.

Register/Login Script
            Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

When new browsers support CSS3, we will have the ability to tab link.

Take a look at this
              Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip View Post
                As Karen already stated, it's a browser setting that will have a link with target set as _blank to open in a new tab instead of a new window.

If a browser is not configured to do this, it will open in a new window as intended.

There is no way for the website to specify if a page should open in a tab instead of an entire new window. Only the user or the settings on their browser can effect this.
                Sorry Watdaflip, I maybe I misunderstood her question; thought she was asking how 2 get the links 2 open in a window/tab instead of a pop-up window.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                Aguycanbeachhostel
                Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Hello all

thank you for the replies. All of you understood my issues correctly. I now have a better understanding of what may be wrong. Thank you Travlin for confirming that all the links open in tabs. I may be issues with my FF as subeagle links open in new ff instance while links from others open in tabs. Thanks for the _blank, I shall try this as all my targets are _self.

Much appreciated to all of you

Cheers
                  Millie
                  www.subeagle.com

Comment

Working...
                  X