X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page length too long when page is published

Hi,

My website is www.nouveauwriter.com

I am experiencing difficulty when I publish a page that is for example 7000 in length according to the grid, but when published shows up way longer. If I change the length to a smaller number it still publishes it much longer than I would like with a lot of white space after my page is ended. Is there a way to correct this?
    Thanks!
    Laura

Re: Page length too long when page is published

Works perfectly in IE7 and FireFox.

Tom
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Works fine in IE, Firefox and Safari for me. You must of fixed the problem.
      Best regards,
      Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

About us page shows error 404 - not found. Who are you????

Just funnin'

Best Regards,
        Karen Williams
        Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Hi,

This is the page I'm having difficulty adjusting the length. www.nouveauwriter.com/may2008.html
          As I mentioned before, even if I adjust the grid to 7000 it still shows up way too long when published. How can I correct this?

By the way, Jeremy Bellefeuille, your Web site is awesome, but I noted some spelling errors...if you need a writer's assistance, I'd be glad to help.

Laura

Comment

There is a gradient on the bottom of the page. (waaaay down). You must remove/change that before the page will be shorter. Setting the page length in the properties box will not change the length if there is an object present.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Hi Laura,

I just saw your offer for writer assistance help, while I cannot help you on your webpage problem, as I am just new. However, I wonder if you are interested to review my 2 new websites I just 99.5% finished, and help me on my English an Spelling, as I do have some problem in these areas. If you need compensation, I am glad to discuss it with you. My websites are:

<Elitelifestylevillas.com> and <Globalbuyerstrust.com>

You may reach me at firstlionking********.com or globalaenterprise******.com

Best regards.

Alec Liu

Originally posted by breezagirl View Post
              Hi,

This is the page I'm having difficulty adjusting the length. www.nouveauwriter.com/may2008.html
              As I mentioned before, even if I adjust the grid to 7000 it still shows up way too long when published. How can I correct this?

By the way, Jeremy Bellefeuille, your Web site is awesome, but I noted some spelling errors...if you need a writer's assistance, I'd be glad to help.

Laura

Comment

Originally posted by breezagirl View Post
                Hi,

Laura
                Hey!

Thank you! .. I speak french most of the time so I tend to make mistakes! Send me an e-mail and we can get in touch..
                Best regards,
                Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Yeah you need to adjust the gradient. You may also want to check the "page size slider" on the bottom left of your page in bluevoda. I had a problem where it was much further down than the page size I had set, so i clicked on it and dragged it up to the correct size. Hope that helps.
                  http://www.sadada.com
                  http://www.elmescommunications.com

Comment

Thanks for all your comments.

I removed the gradient blue box which in BV was set really high but appears really low when published. I also set the page to 7000 in the page properties although my page is actually 8500 in length. I checked the page length on the left bottom of my page in BV and it was also 7000, but I still get lots of white space when published!

I still haven't figured out what I'm doing wrong. Any comments?

Laura
                    www.nouveauwriter.com/may2008
                    www.laurafabiani.com

Comment

There could still be an object hiding down low. Open the page and do a Edit/Select All. Scroll down and see if you can see anything that had been hidden.
                      CarbonTerry
                      Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                      Zone 5 Photo
                      My USMC

Comment

Hi CarbonTerry,

I did the Edit/Select All, but no hidden object found. I noticed though that if I change the page properties to, let's say, 9000 and then back to 7000, it will remain at 9000, and I can't seem to get it back to the original page length.

Maybe it's caching, but I have the code in HTML to prevent this from happening. How does the page now appear on your screen?
                        www.nouveauwriter.com.may2008.html

I appreciate all the help!

Laura

Comment

L,
                          There is still alot of blank space below the last piece of information. I cannot find any stray objects either.
                          You may want to download BlueVoda again and reinstall. That will not affect any files you currently have.
                          Make sure that you DO NOT download BV10.
                          CarbonTerry
                          Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                          Zone 5 Photo
                          My USMC

Comment

Okay, so I downloaded and reinstalled BV and I still have the same problem. Any more suggestions? At this point, I'll try whatever will work!

Thanks again,
                            Laura
                            www.nouveauwriter.com/may2008.html
                            www.laurafabiani.com

Comment

Hi Laura,
                              I took a look at the page source code to see if I could find anything unusual. However, I am not very knowledgeable in html code....but this looks like something that sort of is near to the page length you keep getting. Don't know what it means, but maybe someone here will know!

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000" style="scrollbar-face-color:#00008B;scrollbar-arrow-color:#000000;scrollbar-3dlight-color:#ECE9D8;scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#716F64;scrollbar-highlight-color:#FFFFFF;scrollbar-shadow-color:#ACA899;scrollbar-track-color:#D4D0C8;">
                              <div id="container">
                              <div id="bv_" style="position:absolute;left:48px;top:240px;width :648px;height:8249px;z-index:0" align="justify">
                              If this doesn't help, I apologize for the intrusion!

Comment

Working...
                              X