X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Page length too long when page is published

Originally posted by judavvforum View Post
    Hi Laura,
    I took a look at the page source code to see if I could find anything unusual. However, I am not very knowledgeable in html code....but this looks like something that sort of is near to the page length you keep getting. Don't know what it means, but maybe someone here will know!

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000" style="scrollbar-face-color:#00008B;scrollbar-arrow-color:#000000;scrollbar-3dlight-color:#ECE9D8;scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#716F64;scrollbar-highlight-color:#FFFFFF;scrollbar-shadow-color:#ACA899;scrollbar-track-color:#D4D0C8;">
    <div id="container">
    <div id="bv_" style="position:absolute;left:48px;top:240px;width :648px;height:8249px;z-index:0" align="justify">
    If this doesn't help, I apologize for the intrusion!
    Dave, that's just the properties for the single cell table she has inserted on the page. This is not what's causing her issue.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working OK now....
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonTerry View Post
        Working OK now....
        After seeing your comment, I checked the page again on the Web, but I still see lots of white space at the bottom!
        I experimented by cloning the page and then cutting out the text. When I adjusted the page length and previewed it, the length was fine! But the minute I copied the text back onto the page, I had the same problem. Can this mean anything?

Laura

Comment

Make sure that you hold down your "Ctrl" key and click on your browsers refresh button. Youy browser may be cacheing an old version.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

Tried that, both with my business computer and my personal one, as well as using M. Explorer and Firefox browsers. Still lots of white space... Any other suggestions?

Your help is always appreciated,
            Laura

Comment

There is no additional space for me at the bottom of your site.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

Strange...! I still see a lot of space below the last content! (Using IE7).

Comment

Looks fine to me in IE7 & Firefox
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

Hi, looks fine to me to in IE7 & FF. There is about 1" below the blue & i assume you don't mean this.
                    You also need to remove a chevron ">" at the end of your
                    <script type="text/javascript"src="http://forms.aweber.com/form/94/940725494.js"></script>>
                    script. Its showing up on the page.
                    May also be worth checking your key words to make sure they are within the text of the page. The SE's might not like this.

Good luck.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                      Hi, looks fine to me to in IE7 & FF. There is about 1" below the blue & i assume you don't mean this.
                      You also need to remove a chevron ">" at the end of your
                      <script type="text/javascript"src="http://forms.aweber.com/form/94/940725494.js"></script>>
                      script. Its showing up on the page.
                      May also be worth checking your key words to make sure they are within the text of the page. The SE's might not like this.

Good luck.
                      Hi Chris,

Where exactly did you see the extra chevron >? I looked carefully at my HTML and did not see it.

By the way, my homepage does not have the extra white space, but only this page: www.nouveauwriter.com/may2008.html

CarbonTerry, do you now see the white space at the end of this page?
                      Laura

Comment

Hi, where you see <script type="text/javascript"src="http://forms.aweber.com/form/94/940725494.js"></script>
                        Make the end part without the chevron. BV adds one automatically. IE:
                        /94/940725494.js"></script
                        It will also make the page jump up 1 line.
                        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

This is really weird! I still see a large white space below the last page content, using both IE7 & FF. CarbonTerry & Collectors-Info; are you sure that you are looking at her ......../may2008.html page? If so, could it just be a setting in our browsers? I have "refreshed" (F5) several times!

Comment

Laura--At the bottom of the page where it says "Warm regards, NouveauWriter.com"...

If I left click and drag across the screen well into the offending white space, the "NouveauWriter.com" will highlight. Is it possible the text box containing it is too long? If it's extending down into the white space, that might cause trouble.

Tom
                            CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                            CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                            CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post
                              Laura--At the bottom of the page where it says "Warm regards, NouveauWriter.com"...

If I left click and drag across the screen well into the offending white space, the "NouveauWriter.com" will highlight. Is it possible the text box containing it is too long? If it's extending down into the white space, that might cause trouble.

Tom
                              Hi Tom,

My text box ends right after my greeting. I even tried to shorten it as much as possible. When you look at my page on the Internet and right click on the white space and "select all", only my text in the box will be highlighted in blue.

I'm truly stumped. Thanks for the suggestion...
                              Laura

Comment

Laura

I copied your page and put it into an html box. I get the large space at the bottom when I previewed it. Then I went in and edited that 8000+px that I mentioned in my first post. It fixed your problem....space gone!
                                (<div id="bv_" style="position:absolute;left:48px;top:240px;width :648px;height:8249px;z-index:1" align="justify">)
                                I changed it to 3000 and it worked! I don't know why that number is being generated, but that's your problem area! Maybe someone more knowledgeable than I can pick it up from here!
                                Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X