Compare with 1&1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compare with 1&1

My client asked me to use the web host of 1&1 instead of Vodahost as it is cheaper. Can you give me some help in telling them why not?
    Parris
    www.polkcountybikeclug.org

Re: Compare with 1&1

You can't use the BV Web Builder with 1/1.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonTerry View Post
      You can't use the BV Web Builder with 1/1.
      Thanks for this info, but that was not my question. How can I convince my client that even though 1&1 may be a little cheaper, the features do not compare with BV.
      Parris

Comment

BEST Support Forum.
        Award winning drag & drop website builder
        Video Tutorials
        VodaHost Affiliate Program -
        Some people are making a small fortune with our affiliate program. Make up to US$70 for every new customer they refer to VodaHost
        Web Hosting made easy with VodaHost. Tutorials, lessons, videos and more

Comment

You can tell your client that 1and1 are absolute idiots. Head office in Slough UK, Support in the Philippines and not one menber of staff know their A** from their elbow.

They block most of the website owner's access to his own files, they have no idea of any technical words bigger than 4 letters long and if you ever want to move a site from 1and1 to another hosting company the process takes over 3 weeks to get it off their server as not one member of staff at 1and1 know what a server is.... I trust that will do...
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

VodaHost is "Unlimited in Disk space and Bandwidth" and it is not a gimmick. You can expand your site as big as you want
            without any extra charge.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Ditto with all Ramsey's comments! I was with 1&1 for a short wile & then found VH. This happened about 3-4 years ago. (I'm Still here)
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                Ditto with all Ramsey's comments! I was with 1&1 for a short wile & then found VH. This happened about 3-4 years ago. (I'm Still here)
                Thanks for this info. Do you know how their web tools compare to VH?
                Parris

Comment

Originally posted by parris View Post
                  As far as I know for the price you pay, everything is thought of and provided for you to use in cPanel.

Ther is a very large array of third party software and open source software which you can install in seconds.

Goto this link and check it out........
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                  State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by parris View Post
                    Not sure what 1&1 are like these days for tools. (They used to be quite restricted) But what sort of things do you need?
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                      Not sure what 1&1 are like these days for tools. (They used to be quite restricted) But what sort of things do you need?

Chris, my needs are pretty basic. For example: polkcountybikeclub.org
                      Client is thinking about adding a PayPal link for upcoming rides.
                      The question is: can 1&1 provide these capabilities at a sufficiently lower cost to make conversion worth while?
                      Parris

Comment

As mentioned! I haven't used 1&1 for a few years & cant say what there facility's are like now. But i would also be careful on offers & introductory prices as they hit you with a higher rate at a later date. VH prices are simple & straight forward.
                        Pay pal would be the simplest way to offer goods & services via 1 or 2 buttons on the page. If you where selling a lot of items? Then i would recommend using a cart of some sort.
                        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                        X