Creating Dynamic Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating Dynamic Pages

I have tried to search for this on threads here but couldnt find a suitable answer to my question.

Q: Is there a way to create dynamic pages in bluevoda so I can ask someone to make changes on the page without actually giving him all my Bluevoda details Or may be just give him some kind of user ID and password so not every other person can update that page.
    All I would require is someone to write few text lines/numbers on news section or some other relavent section?

Please advise.

Re: Creating Dynamic Pages

Originally posted by vkeer View Post
    I have tried to search for this on threads here but couldnt find a suitable answer to my question.

Q: Is there a way to create dynamic pages in bluevoda so I can ask someone to make changes on the page without actually giving him all my Bluevoda details Or may be just give him some kind of user ID and password so not every other person can update that page.
    All I would require is someone to write few text lines/numbers on news section or some other relavent section?

Please advise.
    You could send the .bvp files by email to this person, you could show them the webpage live so they can see more clearly (images do not show up in email) they could make the changes on the page for you, they could send the.bvp file back to you by email and you could republish the page, this allows you to have the latest page on your computer as well.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
      You could send the .bvp files by email to this person, you could show them the webpage live so they can see more clearly (images do not show up in email) they could make the changes on the page for you, they could send the.bvp file back to you by email and you could republish the page, this allows you to have the latest page on your computer as well.
      Hi LadyEye,

Thanks for the answer however this is not what I am looking for.

My bad may be I didnt explained properly. If you visit my website www.inventlogo.com and check on the right hand side of the home page, there is a section called - Latest News.
      The site is up and running, now what I am looking for is a way so anyone who I provide the access can update that section without having the need of Bluevoda on their PC or lets say even if I am at my friends place and want to update my site, I can quickly loginto site from his PC and update that section?

Not sure if I have explained myself clear enough :)

Comment

Hi ... no you did explain yourself, but again the answer is the same ... blue voda is a desktop website builder, so dependent who has published the latest page will depend who has the latest version .. and not only that, each user would need to have blue voda on their computer and the username, password and ip address to make changes to the page and republish...

One idea for you though, might be to consider installing a forum, in a sub-directory, of your website ... you could add a link to the forum from your main page as news - users could then go to the forum and make the post about the new news - others could also discuss the news - users can then register, sign on, make the news and each could have their own username and password to your forum .. might be a larger undertaking than you want for only news, however, it is something you could think of for discussions and other things ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Might be worth looking at something like a shout box.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris

Shout Box seems to be a good option

Comment

Be careful of spam, to be honest with you I am not sure if the shout box is spam protected or not, if it isn't expect more than news on your shout box .. collectors may know ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
              X