Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New laws on Disclaimers etc and latest DMCA info required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New laws on Disclaimers etc and latest DMCA info required?

Hi all

I recently got an e-mail telling me that by 1st of December if I do not have certain information or disclaimers on my sites that I could be fined $11,000 dollars per infringement!! This has worried me as I do not want to do anything wrong. (This is for any internet marketers or websites doing business in the USA as I understand it?).

My question is are there any standard sets of disclaimers etc that one can put on a website to conform to all the latest laws so there are no problems??

Thanks in advance

Mike Kirtley

info@alarmsinspain.com

Re: New laws on Disclaimers etc and latest DMCA info required?

...just a thought: did you check the authenticity of the Email? Like, do you know for sure where it came from & that it's genuine?
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Re: New laws on Disclaimers etc and latest DMCA info required?

Originally posted by ahimsa View Post
      ...just a thought: did you check the authenticity of the Email? Like, do you know for sure where it came from & that it's genuine?
      Hi Ahimsa, thank you for your reply.

Yes there have been quite a few e-mails quoting that this new law that comes into force on December 1st will effect ALL internet marketers, or any one selling products, or selling affiliate products, or using testimonials on their site/s. It is to make the internet much more transparent regarding earnings claims, testimonials must be true etc and as I understand it there must be certain disclaimers on each site otherwise you could get fined by the FTC, up to $11,000 per infringement!!

So I am trying to find out what these disclaimers are if possible before December 1st!

All the best

Mike Kirtley

info@alarmsinspain.com

Comment

Working...
      X