X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google listing

Hi General,
    Could you please tell me:
    • Is it a good thing to have one's site map listed under the Google search results or should I think of disallowing it in robots.txt?
    • what about the cgi-bin?
    • and lastly, when looking at the Google listing, I have many pages similar to the two bottom listings i.e.Your vote/comments. How can I prevent the recurring listing of these?

Regards,
    Derek
    Hyipshadow.com

Re: Google listing

Hi,

1) You should not disallow the sitemap in the robots.txt as it could cause you to lose ranking.
    2) It is not harmful to block the cgi-bin in the robots.txt if you want to.
    3) I am not sure I understand this question, but if you have similar pages, of which you only want one listed, you would need to block some in the robots.txt file

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost View Post
      Hi,

1) You should not disallow the sitemap in the robots.txt as it could cause you to lose ranking.
      2) It is not harmful to block the cgi-bin in the robots.txt if you want to.
      3) I am not sure I understand this question, but if you have similar pages, of which you only want one listed, you would need to block some in the robots.txt file
      Thanks for the advice General.
      Concerning point number three:
      I have between 40 to 50 similar pages and if possible I would prefer not one of them to be listed.
      But I suppose I would then have to disallow each and every one in robots.txt.
      Don't think that is too practical!
      Derek
      Hyipshadow.com

Comment

Originally posted by Derek D View Post
        Thanks for the advice General.
        Concerning point number three:
        I have between 40 to 50 similar pages and if possible I would prefer not one of them to be listed.
        But I suppose I would then have to disallow each and every one in robots.txt.
        Don't think that is too practical!

Derek D
        BY DEFAULT, every Page and every Image is "viewable" and able to be cached by every Search Engine.

As stated in the robots.txt file that you create are the only Rules they have to follow, thus, for every Page and every Image you do not wish to be "viewed" or cached by the Search Engines you must create a specific Rule to that effect.

As it is clearly explained and exampled in the Robots.txt Instructions.

* You need to get used to making independent effort as required in all website building methods and techniques without individual debate if you wish to benefit from the optimal results they promise, just as they are clearly outlined throughout these Forums!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X