This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding a Cart to handle web service calls

I am looking for a shopping cart for a new site that will involve selling digital goods (books) housed on the publishers servers....

Basically the customer would buy the digital item on our site, once the transaction is complete the site would transfer the transaction info to the publisher via a web service call, the publisher would then return a redemption code back to us for the customer to download the product from their server. We would then automatically present the redemption code to the customer via email or a link presented on a confirmation page when the above is complete.

Does anyone have any feedback as to which cart would be able to handle this best/easiest?
    It would likely be a custom job beyond my abilities and I would need to hire someone to set it up. I have seen good things generally about opencart and cubecart. Ideally it would be fairly easy to work with once the web calls were set up.

Thanks!

Re: Help finding a Cart to handle web service calls

I really don't think there is an "out of the box solution" for your needs, sounds like it will require a bit of custom programming. Maybe one of your above mentioned carts has a plugin for this. I suggest you do Google search and visit their plugin directories to see what you find.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Most 'on-demand' publishers of digital magazines and books don't operate that way to begin with: for security purposes and in compliance with US Federal Laws, they must in fact collect the money and process the transaction themselves for the services they perform, as well as maintain safeguard for Identity and Financial info of consumers. Allowing 3rd party fulfillment or sharing of transactional information is prohibited in all cases of eCommerce .... as well as preventing additional parties "re-selling" the [digital] goods or services for prices other than stated: if you insist on re-selling goods or services, then you must do so as Proxy (or, in more traditional verbiage, as "purveyor" you will be 'contracted' to obtain said goods for said price and all responsibility remains unto you to fulfill ... as clearly outlined in your published transparent Policy), and not only retrieve the redemption/delivery code after processing your own transaction (in full compliance with the Law also) but also deliver the goods directly as fulfillment of your transactional responsibility.

Sorry ... this method has been clearly addressed as Law more than 15 years ago. You'll simply have to get on the program!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
        Most 'on-demand' publishers of digital magazines and books don't operate that way to begin with: for security purposes and in compliance with US Federal Laws, they must in fact collect the money and process the transaction themselves for the services they perform, as well as maintain safeguard for Identity and Financial info of consumers. Allowing 3rd party fulfillment or sharing of transactional information is prohibited in all cases of eCommerce .... as well as preventing additional parties "re-selling" the [digital] goods or services for prices other than stated: if you insist on re-selling goods or services, then you must do so as Proxy (or, in more traditional verbiage, as "purveyor" you will be 'contracted' to obtain said goods for said price and all responsibility remains unto you to fulfill ... as clearly outlined in your published transparent Policy), and not only retrieve the redemption/delivery code after processing your own transaction (in full compliance with the Law also) but also deliver the goods directly as fulfillment of your transactional responsibility.

Sorry ... this method has been clearly addressed as Law more than 15 years ago. You'll simply have to get on the program!
        This is a brand new program from one of the largest educational book publishers and seems to the future in education publishing. There is a very lengthy legal agreement and the above concerns are taken into account. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost View Post
          I really don't think there is an "out of the box solution" for your needs, sounds like it will require a bit of custom programming. Maybe one of your above mentioned carts has a plugin for this. I suggest you do Google search and visit their plugin directories to see what you find.
          Thats what I thought,
          I have searched high and low for plugins and any reference on multiple carts and can't find anything of value. I have always done everything myself up to this point but will have to look into hiring someone for this project. Any suggestions on where to find someone?

Comment

Since the Publisher has created the "Program" and supposedly offered such an option, it is only logical that they should be the first ones to consult with to meet your needs (which are directly created as a result of using their system).

If they do not have any references or suggestions, this might be an indication that the platform is not all it is cracked up to be ...

In any event, there are literally thousands of online freelance sites and communities to avail such services from, and all offer the security for you to place your confidence in. Do a Google search for "freelance web design" and drill-in according to specialization.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X