problems with search engines (Google)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with search engines (Google)

I have had a website up for some time. It has made its way to page 1 of Google search results if you search "Hitler Christianity," and has been there for some time.

Today I searched and it was not there, not on pages 2,3, or 4 either. The site is still working - when I enter the full URL the site comes up, and the internal links work.

When I Google the domain name bedfordgaol, I get a result that has my URL but a description that has nothing whatever to do with my site.

aol homes for sale apartments at bedfordgaol.comcar accessories cellular cell phone deals download ringtones video games.
    www.bedfordgaol.com/ - 15k - Cached - Similar pages

When I click on the homes for sale bar it takes me to my site, which has nothing to do with homes for sale.
    Can someone there resolve this?

Thanks,
    Joe K.

Re: problems with search engines (Google)

Got a sitemap installed?

It has been discussed at length for over 7 months that Google is shifting to a new set of values, and sitemapping, local relevances, and stricter adhereance to the Perfect Page model is the only way they can possibly hope to keep up with the exponential growth of websites.....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

No, I don't. Thanks for the suggestion. I may have been hacked too. I'll figure something out eventually when I have more time.

Comment

Since your site is up, why not put your URL in your forum signature and you will probably see quick fix of this. Googlebots crawl this forum nearly daily and will follow and crawl the links out.
        Last edited by karenwms63; 06-20-2008, 05:18 AM. Reason: keeping it real
        Karen Williams
        Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Thanks for that response. I'll pass it along to my computer consultant.

Since all of the other sites I usually see were still there, it seems unlikely that it was due to a change in search procedures, though I am not an expert.

Comment

This can happen from time to time and can just be temopary. Check back in a couple of days and you may find things back to normal.
            www.anxietynomore.co.uk
            The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
            Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
            Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Hey Joe K.

Do not forget there are many other search engines and directories out there that can bring traffic to your site. In fact I always find that I rank better in Yahoo than google. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Google takes time and good content.
              Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I checked back after a few days, no change.

It was on page one of Google search results for some time, and then swiftly disappeared, yet other sites remained, so I don't think it's just a question of being patient, I think there is a problem.

I'll consider some things, I have a lot of other things to do right now and don't have a computer consultant for the time being.

Comment

Christian, Holocaust, Shoah, Jews, Bible, Conservative, Hitler, Germany, Scripture, Christianity...these are listed as your meta keywords for your index page, however, the words, "Shoah, Germany and Scripture" are not written anywhere in the text of your index page. Meta keywords must be included in the text of the page that they are listed on. When you list meta keywords that are not included in the text of a webpage, it is considered "spamming" and Google doesn't like that.

This might be what is causing you grief.
                  Karen Williams
                  Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Have you changed text on your page? Do you no longer have some of the links you used to have to the site? Have the other sites grown and collected more links while you've stagnated (made no changes, lost links or stayed the same?)

You can't just sit back and think, ok, I'm on page one, and leave it alone - it requires you to maintain. I'm looking at your page - and the only links from it - the words you are telling Google are the most important on the page - your #1 keyword phrase on the page - is OPEN HERE.

You need to spend some time and learn how to build the page to be friendly to your users (which makes it friendly also to the se's). By looking at your page, I do understand why it would have dropped in ratings and others gained in it's place.
                    Beth
                    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I am having serious problems with google. I have uploaded my sitemap that I generated here and registered it on Google webmaster tools. I have run a crawler diagnostic and it reports no errors. However, if I type my website into google www.latexmate.net (please don't smirk :) it doesn't even acknowledge its existence. I'm nor worried about being on page one, I just want to be recognised :(

Heeelp!
                      If all else fails, drink beer.

http://www.latexmate.net

Comment

Sometimes it can take several weeks to several months depends on how relevant the page is sitemaps help to be indexed but if not relevant to pages with the wrong page titles with the wrong keywords or keyword phases it will take longer. If you use keywords or phases on the descriptions of the page that has no relevant to it thats spamming an te search engines will penalize you for it by not indexing. As I see you may have just started out be patient they will crawl your site. ust make sure its relevant.
                        Last edited by jkadin; 06-25-2008, 11:08 PM. Reason: left of info
                        sigpicJoe
                        Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                        The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Originally posted by jkadin View Post
                          Sometimes it can take several weeks to several months depends on how relevant the page is sitemaps help to be indexed but if not relevant to pages with the wrong page titles with the wrong keywords or keyword phases it will take longer. If you use keywords or phases on the descriptions of the page that has no relevant to it thats spamming an te search engines will penalize you for it by not indexing. As I see you may have just started out be patient they will crawl your site. ust make sure its relevant.
                          I think I did lay my keywords on a bit thick. They are relevant to the site in general, but not to every page on it. Which is what I did. Pasted 25 keywords into the metatags on every page.

Comment

Hmmm. Google searches are resulting in eratic outcomes now. Sometimes my site is acknowledged, othertimes it doesn't come back with any results at all. Is this normal?

Comment

OMG! Overall internet Relevancy cannot be "cornered" as it is in eternal flux: with millions of websites constantlyt evolving and being updated to jockey for importance, it is still all about the SEs producing results for Search Clients and the trends they establish with the flow of terms and click-thru's they arbritraily select......

Tight, robust, unique Content (and a good depth of it spread in multiple pages on a logically linked and "promoted" pages) will always be the number on sustainable S E O metric value that you can influence, maintain, manage, and nurture. How are your efforts overall in this perspective?
                              Beyond the fixation on how you "rank" (which is only a worthy goal to attract visitors), it is all about "conversion" (effectively facilitating a pre-determined action of visitors or a transaction) and if that is a positive ROI or not....show me the money! Many 3rd-5th page sites produce more income and PROFIT than consistent 1st page sites.
                              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                              X