X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pasting HTML Code

i am trying to put a currency converter on my site http://bangkokomni.com/

i open the page then click insert then advanced then html...a box that says html opens on the page...i click the box but it does not give me a paste option to put the code into the box.

Can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong?

Thanks

Re: Pasting HTML code

Originally posted by Hnldock View Post
    i am trying to put a currency converter on my site http://bangkokomni.com/
    i open the page then click insert then advanced then html...a box that says html opens on the page...i click the box but it does not give me a paste option to put the code into the box.
    Can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong? Thanks
    1. Double-click on the HTML box to "open" it.
    2. Click once to place your cursor in the large empty white area, and then right-click-PASTE your HTML code you have earlier copied to this same area.
    3. Close the HTML Box, re-size and re-position as required. The providers of your code most often state the overall dimensions of the display the code will generate (if not, the dimensions should be visible within the code itself), so it is helpful to re-size your HTML Box to the exact size of the display so when you position it on your Blue Voda Page you have a clear idea of how it "fits" into your layout. When 'Previewed' this will be confirmation that your placement was properly integrated into your Page Layout.

Adding HTML, Flash, Media, and Java code to your Blue Voda Web Pages

* It is always a good idea to create a separate document (either using Word or Notebook) to save all your HTML codes and items to for safekeeping, and to preserve them for later use. This is also where you will highlight and COPY your code from prior to PASTE onto your Blue Voda page.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Pasting HTML Code

i just did exactly as you instructed but the paste command is not highlighted so still can't figure out what i am doing wrong.

the HTML box that shows on the page says html in it...when i double click that box another big box with open white space opens....for this box the paste command does work so i click paste and it puts the code in that box ..then i click ok.....but then i can't get it to go from that box into the HTML box on the page...if i try and copy from that page into the box that says html on the page it does not give me the paste option.......so somehow i am screwing it up....what am i doing wrong?

thank you

Comment

This is all about using basic COPY+PASTE skills ... and there is obviously some dis-connect using this basic skill. Each step must be done in sequence to be effective.

If you are unsure of how to HIGHLIGHT > COPY > PASTE in Windows, please review this Tutorial (you'll see the Tutorial about half-way down the page, under the advertisements).

Once you are sure of how to use COPY+PASTE in Windows, please review the post above and the example shown in the Tutorial to resolve this issue easily yourself!

Comment

paste HTML

i do know how to copy and paste and have done it thousands of times....so....could you please answer my question as to what i am doing wrong ....for some reason the paste command does not highlight when i go through the steps you suggested....so once again..

i click on insert, then advanced, then html...a box opens on the page that says html...i double click that box and another box opens that says custom HTML...i PASTE the code into that box and click ok....i CANNOT paste the code directly into the HTML box as the paste function is not enabled...i can easily copy the code from the big box or from a separate document but i cannot figure out how to paste the code into the HTML box or onto the page itself when the paste function is not highlighted....so once again i politely ask what am i doing wrong?

Thank you.

Comment

It is impossible to see what you are doing wrong .... the sequence you describe does not "fit" anything present in Blue Voda that is shown in either the Tutorial or described in the steps I've outlined above.

- There is no "paste" button to be 'highlighted' during the steps, and your terms used to described the objects 'actioned' are probably adding to some confusion as well. Highlighting, Copying, and Pasting your code is all done using your mouse ... there are no "buttons" that are 'highlighted' or enabled. Again, you are missing the method: review the Tutorials!
            - You do know that the diagonally printed "HTML HTML" that appears on your HTML Box is only there as a 'label' and for the purposes of seeing it in contrast to other elements on your Blue Voda page, right?
            - And you are also aware that the HTML code you are pasting into the HTML Box will not "run" until published, correct? If you are expecting to "see" the Conversion Tool immediately after simply pasting in the HTML code, you will be disappointed: the code will "run" only after the page is published, as it needs to become an active script on the page to pull resources into the page to perform tasks upon the page .... using Preview will allow the script to be seen, but only if you allow ActiveX to run.

If you review the Tutorial completely and follow the steps precisely, there can be no reason for you to be unable to perform this simple task as instructed and detailed in the Tutorial.

If you are using Windows7, there may be a setting that has not been enabled, or even if Office has not been activated - who knows? .... I do not use Windows7 so I would not even know if this may be a source of some "settings issue" or not. But, in the many, many Users of Blue Voda that use XP and even Windows7, this is the first and only time this issue has appeared, a clear indication that it is an issue on your end and not Blue Voda ....

Comment

Re: paste HTML

Have you tried ctrl+v to paste the code into the html.

Also do you have problems pasting from one doc say a word doc into notepad.
              or into any other program.

the paste text line if you have right clicked is highlighted and is clickable if there is something in the clipboard if this is dulled out then nothing is in the clipboard.

it's a case of trying to figure out what is coursing the problem, ie, is your clipboard holding the copied data, is the clipboard full and not clearing the copied data after closing down, can you paste anything else into bluevoda say like text into a text box.
              if you find that you can paste into other program on your pc but nothing into bluevoda then try un-installing bluevoda and re-installing.
              also might be worth running c-cleaner to clear out any temp files.
              Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Ok thanks....i finally figured out that the reason the currency converter would not appear when i previewed or published was that the code for that converter was NO GOOD....so i found a different converter and used that code and it all works fine....so it wasn't me and it wasn't blue voda...it was some bad code that i got off the web...

Comment

Re: paste HTML

Ok thanks....i finally figured out that the reason the currency converter would not appear when i previewed or published was that the code for that converter was NO GOOD....so i found a different converter and used that code and it all works fine....so it wasn't me and it wasn't blue voda...it was some bad code that i got off the web...
                  Interesting, since that is not what you so clearly posted as being your "issue" at all:
                  A ... i click the box but it does not give me a paste option to put the code into the box. Can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong?
                  B ....i CANNOT paste the code directly into the HTML box as the paste function is not enabled...i can easily copy the code from the big box or from a separate document but i cannot figure out how to paste the code into the HTML box or onto the page itself when the paste function is not highlighted....so once again i politely ask what am i doing wrong? Thank you.
                  Good that you finally got things working!

Comment

Working...
                  X