X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favicon file upload problem

Hi everyone,

I created a Favicon here http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/favicon/ , and when I went to upload the file it gave me, I got a failure, virus detected notice and I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem recently.

Thank you for any feedback!
    Delle Luce
    Fine Candles & Soaps

Re: Favicon file upload problem

No, but there are many ther services on the net that allow you to create a favicon from an image on your computer so just try another one.

Dynamic Drive is free of viruses, it is a well known and reliable site.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you, navaldesign
      Delle Luce
      Fine Candles & Soaps

Comment

Create your Favicon with confidence here > http://www.favicon.co.uk/

Use the revised method of uploading your Favicon by selecting the file in Page Properties - General tab to be uploaded as the page is published.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you, Vasili, that worked like a charm! I read in an older thread that it could take a few days before it shows up on the browser. Does that still hold true, or should I be able to see it now if I didn't mess up somewhere?
          Delle Luce
          Fine Candles & Soaps

Comment

It varies from browser to browser--should see it same day or maybe next.
            CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
            CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
            CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Ok, Tom, thank you. I'll wait til later tomorrow before I start freaking over messing up somewhere along the lines. lol
              Delle Luce
              Fine Candles & Soaps

Comment

Originally posted by KJay_34 View Post
                Thank you, Vasili, that worked like a charm! I read in an older thread that it could take a few days before it shows up on the browser. Does that still hold true, or should I be able to see it now if I didn't mess up somewhere?
                Frankly, it takes anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks, depending on how and when the server 'resolves,' the browser and version you are using, and when the regular SE Bot visitation cycle is scheduled. For one site of mine it took 30 days, and on another it was overnight. Go figure! ;^)
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                  Frankly, it takes anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks, depending on how and when the server 'resolves,' the browser and version you are using, and when the regular SE Bot visitation cycle is scheduled. For one site of mine it took 30 days, and on another it was overnight. Go figure! ;^)
                  lol I was "playing" with it yesterday, and found that the icon shows up when saving the page to favorites, but nothing shows in the browser. I'm using IE9 which has been really flaky anyway, so I'm going to move on to fixing other issues... by the time I get back around to this, IE should have had time to do its thing - I hope!
                  Delle Luce
                  Fine Candles & Soaps

Comment

Working...
                  X