This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

Hi!, George or anyone still want to help, Please!
    I want to have menus in my site [left_menu and az_menu]
    But when I put the 2 menus together they just COLLIDE with each other.

I have tried many ways days and nights for a week but still can't make the 2 menus work together.

谢谢, dank u, merci, danke, thank you, ευχαριστούμε, grazie, ありがとう,
    당신을 감사하십시오, obrigado, вы, gracias.

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
      When i posted this thread, i was (wrongly) supposing that some users would benefit from the function, in example to pass over color schemes (having, with only one menu, multiple looks).
      However, i now understand that NO ONE has ever done this, so i need to clarify:

If you don't want to have dynamic content, the code could be simply:

<?
      include 'pagename.html';
      ?>

and nothing more!

Also, no need for ANY code in the menu page, which can be plain html (so no need to be php).

This makes the entire thing much simpler.

Hi George

I'm trying to follow your instructions here. I made a test menu page Here and I'm trying to call it from this test page here but it's not calling it up...just curious if I missed something.

both pages were saved in .html
      no code in the menu test page
      the above code you provided in an html box.

Cheers
      Mike
      http://www.atexflooring.ca
      http://www.newfloor.ca

Comment

Your main page needs to be in .php. http://www.atexflooring.ca/123.php
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
          Your main page needs to be in .php. http://www.atexflooring.ca/123.php

Thnx Chris. appreciate the response

But I thought George said it doesn't. Plz look above at what I quoted George saying...

I have my pages in php and the menu working fine on my site...I was just curious to try it in html as Geroge mentioned.

Cheers
          Mike

Comment

Hi Mike, the html part applies to the page you are importing or using as the main menu.
            The main page still has to be in php. It's quite likely easeyer to just keep it all in php.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

In fact, I stated that

Also, no need for ANY code in the menu page, which can be plain html (so no need to be php).
              The main page MUST be php or it can't include the subpages.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thnx for the clarification guys.

Cheers
                Mike

Comment

Hi George,
                  One of the other members is trying to create a frame style of page.
                  Can this php method be used to have a static head or side menu area with the rest of the page scrolling underneath. Bit like this.

Cheers.
                  Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Not sure what you mean Chris.

Is the content in the frame to be included ? Or the menu ?

If it is the menu, I believe that there should be no issue.

If it is the scrollable content, I doubt it.
                    Navaldesign
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

If i had a page that had just a menu & some adds called menu-adds.php, i would save this & publish it as normal. Then when i created a new page & wanted the page that i already have published to be called up via the code below placed in a html box.
                      <?
                      include 'menu-adds.php';
                      ?>
                      Would now be nice to have this menu & adds area of the page to be static.
                      Wasn't sure if the html box that calls up the other php page, (which is a div) could be made static on the page.
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi guys,
                        I've used this method to call up a banner, footer and sidebar on a pretty basic site, and it's almost working perfectly but I'm having problems with one of the elements.

The side bar has a basic 'sign up with us' form: Name field, email field, register button which sends the data to an email address.

When I input the information and click on the send button I get the following error message:
                        Warning
                        : Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/seannosi/public_html/index.php: in /home/seannosi/public_html/fograi_cle.php on line 125

I've checked the email address and it does submit the data correctly, but obviously this message would confuse a user.

Any ideas?
                        http://www.seannos.ie/index.php (The site is in the Irish language but the form is pretty standard and should be easy to identify).

fograi_cle.php is the name of the page that includes the sign up form.

Marie

Comment

Have you solved this ? The page (index) appears fine.

When you fill out the form & send an email, you get .........................

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/seannosi/public_html/index.php: in /home/seannosi/public_html/fograi_cle.php on line 125

But! if you go to the page the form was made on it seems to work fine.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Naval Design,
                            No, still haven't solved it. I'm wondering if it's because the form is set to bring the user to a 'thanks for contacting us page' (http://www.seannos.ie/deirighleat.php) and because this page is a different size etc to the page that's being included it can't call it up into the html box?
                            If that was the problem I could make a new 'thanks, you're registered' page that's exactly the same dimensions as the side bar.
                            But perhaps because the user is filling in a box in a page that's actually just an included element, it is too confusing to ask the page to call up another different element once an action has been taken? If that is the case I could try to change the form properties so that there are no succeed and fail URLs?
                            But too late at night now, will try both options tomorrow and revert.
                            M

Comment

Tried both these options and gave up. If anyone comes up with a solution int he meantime, I'd be intrigued
                              Marie

Comment

Hi Naval. I did all of this as described and this is the issue I am having. when I click on my menu it directs me to the "old" .html pages BUT if I type in the .php in the address bar then all of the menu directs go to the php pages. The instant I use the menu to go to another html page (one that I didn't need the info on), it continues to send only to html pages instead of php. I thought it may be from having both types of pages but after deleting an html page through cp, now it just gives a 404 error instead of going to the php page. Any suggestions would be helpful

Connie

Comment

Working...
                                X