This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

The original method that Naval come up with was using an iframe, but the php method was a later finding that is a lot more SE friendly.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
      The original method that Naval come up with was using an iframe, but the php method was a later finding that is a lot more SE friendly.
      Dear Sir

Thanks for your reply. could you please help me with the steps involved in the process. We have created a menu and want to apply it to all pages so that in future if we want to modify the menu the changes should reflect on the rest of the pages. How? please help with the steps involved.

Thanks'

Comment

Originally posted by acr500 View Post
        Dear Sir

Thanks for your reply. could you please help me with the steps involved in the process. We have created a menu and want to apply it to all pages so that in future if we want to modify the menu the changes should reflect on the rest of the pages. How? please help with the steps involved.

Thanks'
        Dear Sir

We tried to implement the naval design however after following the steps in the naval design we can not see the menu appearing on the rest of the pages.

What are different ways to to do it? could you please give us the steps involved.

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
          Did you re-publish the page ? I see only index.html instead of the correct index.php

Publish the page as .php and delete index.html from the server.
          Dear Sir

How to delete the index.html from the server.?

Thanks

Comment

Connect with FTP, browse to find the index.html file on the server, select it an press Cancel
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
              Connect with FTP, browse to find the index.html file on the server, select it an press Cancel
              Dear Sir

Thanks for your reply. However how to connect through fpt. we use the publish button in the blue voda to publish our pages. do i have to install ftp software?

Comment

In your BV web builder:
                Tools>FTP Manager
                Click "Connect" (upper left hand corner)
                Enter username & password
                Make sure the correct IP# is selected
                "Connect"
                Your server will be on the right hand portion of the screen.
                Select files to be deleted
                Click on the red X in navigation bar to delete
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi
                Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

Be advised that if you use the IFrame method SE's will not see whatever is in the IFrame.
                  If all of your links are there you will need to have a supplemental menu of text links at the bottom of your index page for the SE's to read.

The php method is far better.

You will not see your menu using the php method until after pages have been published. It will not show in preview.
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi
                  Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonTerry View Post
                    Be advised that if you use the IFrame method SE's will not see whatever is in the IFrame.
                    If all of your links are there you will need to have a supplemental menu of text links at the bottom of your index page for the SE's to read.

The php method is far better.

You will not see your menu using the php method until after pages have been published. It will not show in preview.
                    Dear Sir

Thank you for your continued support. I think i have made a right decision buy choosing voda host because the support is very good. It help us to over come every single problum to build our website succesfully.
                    Thanks

Could you please help me with the steps involved in the php method.?
                    I tried so many time however i am not able to see the menu appearing on my all webpages.

I will explain the steps i did below.

1 created a drop down menu. and saved as 'menu'
                    2 In my home page I have created a html box and copy pasted the code given in the naval design instruction page.

3 published both the pages that is menu.html and index.php.

However the menu dosent appear on my home page.

Can you please help me?

Thank you once again.

Comment

Originally posted by acr500 View Post
                      Dear Sir

How to delete the index.html from the server.?

Thanks
                      Dear Sir

Thank you for your continued support. I think i have made a right decision buy choosing voda host because the support is very good. It help us to over come every single problum to build our website succesfully.
                      Thanks

Could you please help me with the steps involved in the php method.?
                      I tried so many time however i am not able to see the menu appearing on my all webpages.

I will explain the steps i did below.

1 created a drop down menu. and saved as 'menu'
                      2 In my home page I have created a html box and copy pasted the code given in the naval design instruction page.

3 published both the pages that is menu.html and index.php.

However the menu dosent appear on my home page.

Can you please help me?

Thank you once again.

Comment

Hello guys, Naval,

I have read and completed your directions, but still havent achieved the result I want. IN reading the forum, I see that BV has had trouble wit button issues before. Mine problem is this, I like the round buttons and the way you can change the colors on them. I created 7 buttons and programmed them the way I wanted them witht eh right names and the right links. I did this for 3 or 4 pages before realizing that I coild copy all of the buttons at the same time paste them to another page. Well this worked great and all of my links worked great. The only problem is that some of the labels on the buttons on different pages don't display the correct name on the web. For expamle, on the 3rd page the home button the 5th and 6th buttons all display Home, instead of what they are programmed to show which is Home, Nicki Manaj and Contact Us. You can check it out if you like, www.music-lane.com. Any ideas guys, I would really like ot keep these buttons if possible.

Comment

Hi Naval, I tried this trick on my site's menu and it worked!

Now my questions is... as you mentioned, this is better than iFrames.
                          I need to call on a .html file to load in a specified location in my page; replacing another .html file that's already loaded in that place. It's exactly like using an iFrame. Is this possible? How?

Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by jorujuja View Post
                            Now my questions is... as you mentioned, this is better than iFrames.
                            I need to call on a .html file to load in a specified location in my page; replacing another .html file that's already loaded in that place. It's exactly like using an iFrame. Is this possible? How?.
                            No, it is not.
                            Using the PHP global layout is simply to display the same item on multiple pages, and will display only within the formatted parameters configured: it will not populate external sources.
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

The "include" method will allow you to read and display any page in your site, in a specific part of your page. However, it can not be changed. To change it you would need to change the HTML box inner html using an event (a click on a button, or a timer or anything else)

So you would need to use Javascript.

An I frame instead is the most rudimental form of asyn******us changes in your page.

Definately, the iframe solution, is simpler to use without coding
                              Navaldesign
                              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok thank you. I thought this method would replace iFrame.

Comment

Working...
                                X