Portable drive changed letter from 'G' to 'I'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable drive changed letter from 'G' to 'I'

Hi all. I have my BV pages saved to a flash drive (G). I plugged in another portable device (H) and now the flash drive (G) has changed to (I) and (G) has disappeared so I cant access my files? Can anyone steer me in the right direction?
    Many thanks in advance
    The Female Zone

Re: Portable drive changed letter from 'G' to 'I'

Bump
    I fixed it. Here is the link if anyone experiences the same problem.
    The Female Zone

Comment

Hi Glendene,

The new BV Version 11.4G has now provided an option for your to save your .bvp files in any disk of your choice other than "C".

It is saver and better to save in a disk or partitioned drive in your hard disk rather than a pendrive.

As you just experienced it, the drive can change every time time it is inserted in your pc or laptop

I find it comfortable to use drive "D" on both my PC and Laptop.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Zuriatman. I have a special reason for saving it to a portable drive. My problem is that when I save a BV page containing elements such as a 'Drop Down Menu Bar' to my hard drive, then close BV, when I try to open the page again BV crashes and I am unable to re-open the page that I just completed. I have lost several weeks trying to solve this problem and even resorted to formatting my HDD. I find that the only way I can keep BV 11.4 stable (on my laptop) is to ensure ALL pics, pages, etc etc reside on my flash drive. It's a pain I know but after what I've been thru, this works for me so I will stick with it for the time being. But thank you for your imput.
        regards
        Glen
        The Female Zone

Comment

In the old BV under Tools >options there used to be an option to open the last opened page. If checked?

Upon starting up BV cant find your last opened page the program will hang-up or crash or you cant open BV at all.

Try uninstalling the current BV on your pc and re-install the recently upgraded BV 11.4G [and use the the deault options]

Anyway I cant find the option to open the last opened page in the new BV.

Cheers.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Yes, I'm with you Zuriatman. I have 11.4 and it is different in so much as when you open, a dialog box asks you what you want to do... Open Blank. Open Existing, View Video Tut. (as against just selecting from previously opened pages) I have experienced the hang/crashing when BV can't find the last page that was open and that is a real problem. For the moment I'm going to stick with what works for me because I am shell shocked from 5-6 weeks of down time trying to sort this mess out. Don't get me wrong, I love BV and will continue with it forever. Just a bit frustrating cause I find myself re-building 100's of hours of work and I am doing it walking on egg shells.
            Anyways, So far so good for me. I am re-building approx 50 pages and I wont publish them yet because each page depends on the others for links. Also trying to get my Stock Photos re-instated etc etc etc. The good thing that is comming out of all this is that my site (new site hahaha) looks much better.
            Thanks for your imput
            The Female Zone

Comment

Your webpages on your servers are stil intact, so take your time to change one by one instead all together.

I am in the same boat as I changed to Vista X64 late last year because of problems with my XP.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              State of Johor.

Comment

Something to try. Open the folder where your BV files are stored. Then open the BV web builder to a new blank page. In the open folder click on the BV page you need to work on.
                In fact leave that folder open and click on pages to open one by one. It's much faster than going thru BV for each page.
                This works in BV10.whatever. Too many bugs still for me to switch to BV11
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi
                Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

Goody!

BV 11.4G has now provided an option for saving .bvp pages in other drives.

Goto Tools>options
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  State of Johor.

Comment

Originally posted by glendene View Post
                    Bump
                    I fixed it. Here is the link if anyone experiences the same problem.
                    Thanks for sharing.
                    I really need it.

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
                      Goody!

BV 11.4G has now provided an option for saving .bvp pages in other drives.

Goto Tools>options

Thanks Pak Abu,
                      Good tip.
                      And
                      What is the total number of site backups: 4 (default)
                      Does it mean it has 4 backups?

Comment

At BV. go to Tools > Option open Folders and there is "Total number of sites backup" where we can adjust the number up and down.
                        I don't understand what it can do and just like to ask,
                        if I have 100 pages and I adjust the numbers of backup up to 100, can it backup all my 100 pages all at once? Thank you.

Comment

My understanding is that, by default, your last 4 'saves' will be kept as backups. So if you mess up a page you can go back to a previous version. It has nothing to do with the number of pages you have. It backs up one page at a time
                          The Female Zone

Comment

Glendene,
                            Thank you for the explanation.

Comment

Hi!
                              Please tell me what I should do?
                              I am trying at 2 computers with only one external hard drive and it appears "E" for both computers.

At Tools Option Folders >
                              for Document I set:
                              E:\BlueVoda

and for Backups I also set:
                              E:\BlueVoda

But when I move the external hard drive to the other computer, some images don't show up. I click right at the empty space of images and they are at Filename: c:\documents and settings\my documents\bluevoda\images\... ... ... .jpg

I must be doing something wrong.
                              Please show me how you guys do it,
                              and can make the external hard drive showing all images at any computer?
                              Thank you so much.

Comment

Working...
                              X