This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitemap

Hi, some months ago I did my sitemap via tools and added to google and all went well.
    I have just gone into my google account today to find that there is now a red cross next to my sitemap. So I deleted it, republished in my tools and resubmitted into google with mysite/sitemap.xml and still getting the red cross. Anyone by any chance know why this could be happening please, thank you :)

Leanne

Re: Sitemap

Be sure the link to your "Home" page is simply http://www.YourSite.com/ and not "http://www.YourSite.com/home.html" (you may have to replublish your page as index only, instead of 'home').

Double-check all of the hyperlinks on pages to be sure they are actully linking to published pages, so you don't stop the SE's dead in their tracks with broken links.

You need to re-create and upload to your public_html/ directory a new sitemap after each update, page addition, or page removal.
    A compliant Google XML sitemap can be created free by visiting www.xml-sitemaps.com
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi,

I don't know if my sitemap is working or not. It doesn't seem to look like other sitemaps i've seen though. Can you please have a look at it, please?

I generated the sitemap link from the tools option in BlueVoda.

Thank you.

Comment

Seems ok.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by muqarrabin82 View Post
          Hi,
          I don't know if my sitemap is working or not. It doesn't seem to look like other sitemaps i've seen though. Can you please have a look at it, please?
          www.treatstiffmuscles.com/sitemap.xml I generated the sitemap link from the tools option in BlueVoda. Thank you.
          You seem to be confused at the purpose of an XML sitemap .... it is not for visitor use, but only for the Search Engines to better locate and follow your website pages in a logical order to best evaluate them to attribute values used to rank your site.
          It is NOT a visual "Map" of your website for Users to use .... that is provided either from using a well-constructed Navigational scheme (which you must design and construct and provide links to visitors to actually use) or by creating and making available a different type of Sitemap which is a visual aid to visitors as they navigate your site: the visual type of Site Map is created using the HTML format, not the XML format.

You may create both types of Site Map Files at www.xml-sitemaps.com
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Naval. Much appreciated.

Thanks Vasili. I'll check on the link you provided.

Comment

Working...
            X