Perplexed with File Manager in C Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perplexed with File Manager in C Panel

It appears there is an update to CP panel. My problem is that when I open file manager in C Panel I cannot seem to be able to open and view files as a web page on the internet like I could with the old version. I often use the url of links from the files I open from file manager in CP Panel to make sure I am getting the correct link. Can anyone explain how I open files in File Manager in C P Panel so they open like a web page so that I can get the actual url from it.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks - Bob M
    www.incsource101.com

Re: Perplexed with File Manager in C Panel

Had exactly the same thing myself with the change over. lol
    In c panel use the link marked "legacy file manager" manager & not the "file manager".
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks much - I'll give it a try.

Bob M

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
        Had exactly the same thing myself with the change over. lol
        In c panel use the link marked "legacy file manager" manager & not the "file manager".

Chris - sorry to bother you again. I opened legacy file manager but still did not see how to open files show they show as a web page on the internet. I must be missing something but I spent quite a lot of time and still didn't see how to get it done. Any further suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks - Bob M

Comment

Once your in legacy file manager & you click on a file, the link will show in the top right hand box with the areas heading starting with "SHOW FILE" "DELETE FILE" & so on. The url link will be at the bottom of this list. You might have to scroll down in some situations to see the url link.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
          X