Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BV11.4g sign in & protection features

Hello

I want to wish everyone a happy and prosperous New Year.

As I have been away for a while I was hoping that with all the updates that 11.4 would finally be working.

I have a page that was initially designed with the idea to use a log-in script to limit access to members only. I hope that I am not wrong in assuming that this is what the new page protection & log-in/out features are for. However the do not seem to work for me. I initially designed this page in the beta version but have updated it after installing 11.4
    The problem that I am having is that neither the log-in nor the sign-up features seem to work in the entry or the sign-up page. Neither one let the user enter text in the edit boxes.
    My data that this page is supposed to protect is located in the password protected "DOCUMENTOS" folder(user - BV password - forum). I am using FF and it asks me for a password.

I have used the search and found no questions or answer on any of these new features; is there any info anywhere? It seems strange that no one has asked anything on these features.

Also;

I have updated to 11.4g or at least I think I have. The problem is that if I click on the Help ==> About BV ...the pop up box tells me that I am using BV 11. Is this correct or has BV not installed correctly.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
    Aguycanbeachhostel
    Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Re: BV11.4g sign in & protection features

BV’s new built in Login system – a brief tutorial.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks George, great tutorial. Got almost everything working except for the following error on the sign in page.

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for ./propietarioABdb.php in /home/jjegbdgs/public_html/cdad/entry.php on line 10

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jjegbdgs/public_html/cdad/entry.php:10) in /home/jjegbdgs/public_html/cdad/entry.php on line 12

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
      Aguycanbeachhostel
      Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Seems like you have mistaken the db filename in that page, especially if it works in the Admin page.
        Maybe a missing "r" ? proprietarioABdb ?
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks George, you were on the right track...just that I created the db file with the incorrect name.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
          Aguycanbeachhostel
          Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Thanks again George,

I have finally gotten this issue completely resolved.

Note: In the past I have been told that I/we should use the complete names for the location in our forms and menus (http://www.yourpage.com/filename.htlm not just ./filename.html) but I have note that in this case for the database file name as in your example; my_strange_name_db.php should be writen as "./my_strange_name_db.php" or it produces an database not found error.

Aside from this I have one problem which may be an unresolved BV11.4 bug but I am not sure weather to post it as such or open a new post. In the sign-up properties box in email section the message & subject content is sent to the new users email as well as the
            webmasters email.

For whom is this message and subject content designed; the user signing up or the administrator/webmaster?

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
            Aguycanbeachhostel
            Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

The mail is sent BOTH to the new user AND the Admin.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Hello George,
                Unfortunately, the single protected page is not working. I have downloaded your zip file and the situation is the same - it isn't protect nothing. I can see my page without any password form and yours also.
                How do you thing - what's the problem is?
                Thank you in advance

Comment

Originally posted by amer auto View Post
                  Hello George,
                  Unfortunately, the single protected page is not working. I have downloaded your zip file and the situation is the same - it isn't protect nothing. I can see my page without any password form and yours also.
                  How do you thing - what's the problem is?
                  Thank you in advance
                  Not sure what you are talking about ???

1st, I need some links
                  2nd, If it works for me and all the others, you must be doing something wrong.
                  3. You are not providing any details, only stating that it doesn't work for you.

Pls help me help you.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you very much for your attention.
                    I'm talking about BV11.4g sign in & protection features .
                    I wanted to protect one of my page with "single protected page"- and there is no result, just my page ( page containing iframe with itself login form) - no form to fill in password, but when you open it in browser "preview in HTML code" - you can see the script with my password )))),

Comment

So sorry, the page is : www.amerautogroup.com/auctionsell.html

Comment

Please read AGAIN the tutorial,

It is clearly stated that pages MUST be .php and not .html
                        Navaldesign

Comment

It is .php actually, I read the tutorial very attentive , I simply was mistaken when wrote

Comment

Your link asks me for a password. it must be working OK now.
                            CarbonTerry
                            Semper Fi
                            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                            Zone 5 Photo
                            My USMC

Comment

Working...
                            X