Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: code: Disable Right Click

Originally posted by FPRob
    awww Vasili come on.. you know me by now... it might seem pointed and jagged and nasty but for me its just straight forward and honest thoughts. i dont sugar coat anything for anybody. Don't take it personally, 50% of this forum hate me already and I know that you and I have a history but I thought at least there was a little understanding going on. Call me controversial, call me argumentative call me a bully call me what you like, I'm just being me and saying whats on my mind as always (which probably comes across different in person than it does in a written message).
    Oh, Lighten up Rob, my best advice is to take things like a grain of salt....I heard that somewhere.................? hee hee

But don't call you late for dinner.

Comment

Dinner? Is there food being offered???

I haven't eaten for DAYS......gained a few pounds during my HagenDas therapy, fretting over my lack of progress......

If only I can pull my foot out of my mouth....
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
        Dinner? Is there food being offered???

I haven't eaten for DAYS......gained a few pounds during my HagenDas therapy, fretting over my lack of progress......
        How about an *****, all out of pies....hee hee
        HagenDas isn't that ice cream, what kind of therapy is that? Don't fret Vasili, a friend once told me "take it as a grain of salt."
        Attached Files

Comment

why do you wanna disable the right click it has no sens what makes your site so special to do it do you have like top secret information

Comment

alright this forum went off the subject at the end, hahaha

vasili, i cannot find the mentioned right click disable functions anywhere.

My opinion is: someone who knows all the options (and I'm not gonna mention the ultimate way of how to steal all images, even in flash, because before reading in this forum i had no idea of how to do anything, and now i'm a image steal master ;) will ultimately be able to steal the iamges, but the more hurdles u throw in the way, the better.

so i would love to find the script that disables view source code

Comment

<script language="Javascript1.2">
              // (C) 2003 CodeLifter.com
              // Source: CodeLifter.com
              // Do not remove this header
              // Set the message for the alert box
              am = "This function is disabled!";
              // do not edit below this line
              // ===========================
              bV = parseInt(navigator.appVersion)
              bNS = navigator.appName=="Netscape"
              bIE = navigator.appName=="Microsoft Internet Explorer"
              function nrc(e) {
              if (bNS && e.which > 1){
              alert(am)
              return false
              } else if (bIE && (event.button >1)) {
              alert(am)
              return false;
              }
              }
              document.onmousedown = nrc;
              if (document.layers) window.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
              if (bNS && bV<5) window.onmousedown = nrc;
              </script>

A wise man said to me if you dont want your work stolen dont place it on the internet....

Comment

fantastic, thanks a lot
                its not that much of a biggie if someone takes the picture, but i would like to discourage it

Comment

Hi friends,

Spikey, sometimes there are pictures that need to be protected by a copyright, they needn't be anything secret... an artist's original material, for instance.

I agree with Vasili, if you need to protect certain images, your first issue would be asking the client to register the relevant logos, images, etc. as a trademark (or ask the artist to copyright the material first) so they have some sort of protection from piracy or explotation of any form, although of course it is a complicated subject it being the Internet where national & international laws apply.

There is another possibility for copying an image: Print Screen, even using Flash someone prints the screen, pastes it in Paint or whatever and any browser trick is useless too. It is true you have to cover as many bases as possible...

Comment

For all intents and purposes......if you are using BV to create your pages, simply create an "object" and completely cover your image by it...then make it transparent.

Since most "ripping" is done by dweebs, this simple measure does not present an irritating scripted message or eliminate all regular right-click functions, and will result in the ripper saving only a transparent object --- they won't figure out what is wrong!
                    (However, advanced users will know how to "view source" and simply rip the code....and these are the ones that are more likely to be thwarted with prominent posting of a cognizant Privacy and Infringement Policy that has teeth and as mentioned above, some real prep work to presereve and reserve your copyrights officially).

Comment

ahhh.......you guys are missing something....ez-ez you're wrong. Get on the tech wagon.

ok. Disable right click. CHECK
                      ok. Disable source code viewing. CHECK

highlight picture. (Yes, drag your mouse over it). Go to "Edit", click "Copy". Hmm.......well that was satisfying....sometimes works too =)

Then there's ... Oh, that's right..."FILE" save as umm...webpage.....good grief. I've just got the entire folder of .gifs, .jpgs, even your background music for that page. And if that doesn't work? (Yes there are scripts that will prevent that)

hmmm...watch me turn my data xfer down by downloading a large file off the web, then while that's happening, load your page. Right down at the bottom left, it will show "(1 image remaining) WITH YOUR PICTURE ADDY.

Guess what I'll do? I'll write it down. If the image loads too quickly, I'll just hit the refresh button until I have the entire address.

Of course, if you know how to manipulate your temporary internet files folders to catch specific IP's during a given time frame you can get it that way too...

The whole point of this post was to address the right click button. It suddenly became way too complicated. If someone wants something from your site, they'll get it. Can you take precautions? Of course. However, there is no real fullproof ways to protect what you have.

Just to worry you even more, there are actually ways to intercept packets travelling through the subnet. "Packet" being a group of data, that is being moved through the internet, from server to server to get from point A to point B. Think of the subnet as the ground, and the internet with all it's links as roadway criss-crossing it.

In this case, you can have data stolen just moving it from one computer to the next through your telephone lines.

Get copyrights. Pay for them. Copyright your pictures. Trademark everything. Know the meaning of "Intellectual property". Know a good lawyer. Have lots of money.

Only then can you have fun with piracy.

Of course you also have to know how to track IPs. Oh yes, there's scripts for that too...

Paul

Comment

Vasili is quite right. Be agressive if it means that much to you. Otherwise, pay it no mind, and consider things on the web as "public domain". Generally most "advanced users" will respect the creator's wishes if they see that this amount of "Prep work" went into the site, since most hackzors actually respect a webmaster that knows what they are doing.

Paul

Comment

Maybe this code help...

Zlatko

<script type="text/javascript">
                          <!--
                          var message="Don't try to right-click";
                          ///////////////////////////////////
                          function clickIE() {if (document.all) {(message);return false;}}
                          function clickNS(e) {if
                          (document.layers||(document.getElementById&&!docum ent.all)) {
                          if (e.which==2||e.which==3) {(message);return false;}}}
                          if (document.layers)
                          {document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);document. onmousedown=clickNS;}
                          else{document.onmouseup=clickNS;document.oncontext menu=clickIE;}

document.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false")
                          // -->
                          </script>
                          www.mercataworld.com
                          www.marradonconstructions.com
                          www.ekm-inspirationalmusic.com

Comment

I just love that people keep throwing more disable right click codes out there. They are useless and on this years top 10 list of biggest web pet peeves. Why can't people get what this original post was all about and just quit using it?
                            Beth
                            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

if you don't want that people copy your text just use dynamic images, so your text still is editable.
                              (for teh newbs: dynamic images are made in php. it just makes an image from your text. it is possible to add a bg picture to. also make sure that you don't use this for the whole text so 'rippers' can just use the immage.)
                              This does use alot ofdata transfer.

If you don't want that people view your source use this program
                              (I think I've got the rights of that prog so I've posted the link)
                              the way this prog encrypts your html it is unpossible to decrypt (so hold on to your normal-html)
                              also the page does take longer to load.

this has nothing to do with disable right-click but its the only way to be sure they can't just copy/paste

Comment

Originally posted by cellopro View Post
                                Vasili is quite right. Be agressive if it means that much to you. Otherwise, pay it no mind, and consider things on the web as "public domain". Generally most "advanced users" will respect the creator's wishes if they see that this amount of "Prep work" went into the site, since most hackzors actually respect a webmaster that knows what they are doing. Paul
                                Originally posted by Bethers View Post
                                Why can't people get what this original post was all about and just quit using it?
                                Because of the same reasons the issue itself exists: there are a lot of people who simply cannot do the minimum themselves!
                                (Why then, continue to be amazed or irritated that full-reads of threads is not part of the program??)

Comment

Working...
                                X