This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

It can be anything. Do NOT post your email address anywhere in the internet, as spammers can capture it and you will be getting lots of spam.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Cool, thanks for the tip
      http://www.swiftsaleproperty.com

Comment

BlueVoda users: open the file contactform.bvp from the “BV Pages” folder

I see that when i do this, it creates a page for itself.

What i'm trying to do is use the index page i've created as a template, which will include the contact form.

Once the form is created on the index page, i want to save it as a template from which i will create all the other pages.
        Therefore, the form will be present on all pages.

What i'm asking is - can the form be transferred from the page it initially opens to, to my index page, and can it be rep licated onto each page of my site?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, you CAN re plicate the form as you say. However, ABVFP is a script that performs strict submission control, in order to avoid spam. So it actually checks for the provenience of the submission. And, it will refuse processing the form if it doesn't come from the page where it is supposed to be on.
          Consequently, though you may re_plicate the form in all pages, you will NOT be able to process it, unless you setup EACH and EVERY of these forms separately in ABVFP.

With the new ABVFP 3.0 (in beta testing) this check will be a Admin option, so you will only need to set up the form in ABVFP once.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok, so don't copy the same form onto each page, but use Form 1 for index page, Form 2 for page 2, Form 3 for page 3.... and so on?

Comment

Or, copy the form from page to page BUT change the hidden field for each form, and set up each form separately in ABVFP.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Ok. To do that, i am guessing that once i have copied the form onto each web page, i goto each form's properties, goto 'hidden field' and change the Formid value to correspond with its relative form in ABVFP, and all the relative forms in ABVFP are duplicates, but with different ID's that correspond to each form in my site?...

Comment

Also:
                  When editing/customizing the standard ABVFP form, is it ok to remove elements and replace them with those available in the BV web builder toolbar?

Thanks, Rez

Comment

Originally posted by Rez View Post
                    Ok. To do that, i am guessing that once i have copied the form onto each web page, i goto each form's properties, goto 'hidden field' and change the Formid value to correspond with its relative form in ABVFP, and all the relative forms in ABVFP are duplicates, but with different ID's that correspond to each form in my site?...
                    Yes, each one must have its own Formid value. Of course, in ABVFP control Panel, you also need to change the page URL.

Yes, it is ok that you change the standard form. It is just a bonus form, you can edit it as required.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks for all your help so far Naval, i think it's all going ok.

One question though, will it be possible to use the 'glass button' in BV rather than the standard one? I have noticed that you're unable to name the glass button, will this cause problems?

Thanks in advance (again!)

Comment

No, you can't use the glass button. This can only be used for links, not for submitting. You can, however, use an image button, on condition that you name it "submit"
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                          No, you can't use the glass button. This can only be used for links, not for submitting. You can, however, use an image button, on condition that you name it "submit"
                          Ok. I've used an advanced button in BV. Should be ok yes?

When setting the ABVFP form properties, should i check the box in the Form Processing section, and fill in details as required or are the details in the General section sufficient? I'm guessing that as one cancels out the other, you need to choose accordingly...

Comment

Another thing, seeing as all my pages have a form on them, do they need to published with a .php extension?, i have published all my pages but get the following error message:

Not Found

The requested URL /stoprepossession.html was not found on this server.
                            Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
                            Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.swiftsaleproperty.com Port 80

this is my site if you need to check.. www.swiftsaleproperty.com

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rez View Post
                              Ok. I've used an advanced button in BV. Should be ok yes?

When setting the ABVFP form properties, should i check the box in the Form Processing section, and fill in details as required or are the details in the General section sufficient? I'm guessing that as one cancels out the other, you need to choose accordingly...
                              Not sure what you mean. If you use ABVFP you DON'T use the built in form processor.

Pages in html or php: if you have used ABVFP your form pages can be either html or php.
                              If, instead, you have used the BV built in form processor, your pages need to be published as php.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

I have the form all unzipped, and am filling in the info page for install.
                                What do I enter for host? have tried voda, cp addy , I keep getting error message that it cant connect.
                                I look forward to using the ABVFP, this is a great contribution to all users.
                                Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X