Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: contact form wont publish

Originally posted by sjskinner View Post
    not sure what im doing wrong, ive added a contact form on my contact page, followed all the steps in the tuturial, checked everything, saved as php, encoding type as multipart/form data, processing boz checked use built in php form processor, saved published, and the form isnt showing online, really dont know what im doing wrong.
    1. You are publishing pages you've named using CAPITAL letters when all pages must be named, saved, and published using all lowercase letters and no whitespace (use the underscore or hyphen only between words if you must). Not only must you make corrections to all your page names, but you must also make corrections to your site navigation to reflect the proper methods.

2. Your CONTACT US page has in fact been published as ".html" and the menu links are all created using the ".html" extension: you will need to not only re-name all your pages properly but make corresponding navigational corrections to each page before re-publishing them.

3. It is possible that you have 2 versions of the Contact page published to your account (HTML and PHP) .... PRIOR to re-publishing your corrected pages, I suggest you access your Root Directory (public_html/) of your account and manually delete both Contact page versions from the server, as whenever there is a HTML and a PHP version of the same page published to a single Directory, a page conflict arises and the HTML version will by default display first.
    It is simplest to use BlueFTP to delete these pages before singly re-publishing the correct PHP page version.

ALL of these "issues" are errors in simple basics (Naming Pages, Creating Form Pages, etc.) and are clearly outlined in both the Tutorials and in the countless threads in these Forums. Please review them carefully, and focus on attending to the details of each method and process with great care in order to accomplish the predictably optimal results.

>BlueVoda Video Tutorial Library

>Complete Video Tutorial Archive
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the advice.
      I have 2 pages with a form on each.
      When saving the error and success pages for each of these forms.
      How do I differentiate between the 2?
      The one page is named contact and the other addaprogram
      Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Another thing that I have noticed Vasili is that the tutorials say that one should select "Multipart/Form-Data" only if you want to do file uploads, otherwise one should always use "Application/x-www-form-urlencoded" You say it should be the other way around!!
      Could you please clarify?
      Best regards!!!

I think I might have sorted that one out!!
      I've simply added a number at the 2nd page's name i.e.contact 2 & error2
      Hope this is right!!
      Derek
      Hyipshadow.com

Comment

Re: Website FORM Problems

The Tutorials, although costly to produce, are not always perfect, whereas the proven methods repeated in the Forums are worthy to be followed precisely.

A good example is one of the first Tutorials "How to name and Save Your Page" instructs you to manually enter the ".bvp" extension when this is a major break in the method required and continually causes problems for new and unfamiliar Users: pages should simply be Saved to the BlueVoda Folder using a single "name" only and no extension, as BlueVoda automatically adds this as part of the encryption process later to be un-encrypted by the server during the Publishing process which also converts the page extension from ".bvp" to ".html" as it generates HTML Code.

And yes ... the Tip I outline above does prominently mention as Step #7 the need to name each of your page's Forms (via Form Properties), specifically formatted Success Pages and Error pages with corresponding Names in order to clarify for the script which pages to incorporate with linked function. You will need to name the Form itself with unique names, such as you mention: Contact1, Contact2, or AddAProgram1, etc.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Vasili.
          ***You are a shining star***
          Derek
          Hyipshadow.com

Comment

Success & Error URL,s

Hi,
            for the contact form, would I be right in saying that the success and/or error URL's in the form properties will read something like:www.sitename.com/contact/success.html.
            I'm sure it is described somewhere but I just don't seem to be able to find it.
            Also, when creating these success and error pages, how are they then linked to the contact form?
            What should one specifically take note of in this case?
            So sorry for troubling you.
            Thanks very much for your help,
            Derek D
            Derek
            Hyipshadow.com

Comment

Re: Success & Error URL,s

You are seriously mistaken in your understanding of how to create and otherwise implement a FORM in BlueVoda, let alone what the URLs look like once successfully created.

Review the Tutorials (especially #21) with particular attention to the simple steps and methods that must not be abbreviated or interpreted.

Just to be clear .... you do not create separate Sub-Directories for each page (or function) of the website --- this is done only as a means to create a separate site altogether that is associated with the main site. Your URLs should look like this when done:
              1. www.YourSite.com/contact.php
              2. www.YourSite.com/success.html

The Contact page and the Success pages are created, saved, and published individually and separately, and are "linked" to each other by the FORM script itself --- which is why you need to pay attention to FORM PROPERTIES to be sure you have properly entered the correct page name, email address, etc.

When in doubt, review again this Tip for clarity's sake.

Comment

Hi Vasili, I am also having issues with my form being sent to my email address. I've followed the instructions that you listed for Betty but it still doesn't work. I have listed a valid email address for the form to be forwarded. In the "Encoding As" section, I have tried both "multipart" as well as "...urlencoded". My "success URL" doesn't work and when I click SUBMIT, all I get is a message that reads: "The webpage cannot be found. HTTP 404 Not Found." I've also noticed that when I "rollover" the SUBMIT button, it's linked to my JNJ_contact.php page. My website is www.jeffnealdrum.com Click onto the cymbal image in the lower right and then click "WORKSHEET" to get to the form. Thanks in advance for your help. Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by lefthandrumr View Post
                  My "success URL" doesn't work and when I click SUBMIT, all I get is a message that reads:The webpage cannot be found HTTP Error 404
                  You do actually need to create, save, and publish a SUCCESS page to fulfill the FORM SCRIPT, you know .... the SUCCESS page does not mysteriously appear by itself! Same goes for an ERROR page, as noted in FORM PROPERTIES .... they are not difficult to create, and simply complete the functional logic.

Here some examples from one of my websites to clearly illustrate the necessity:
                  1. My CONTACT Page
                  2. My SUCCESS page (seen after successful completion of the FORM)
                  3. My ERROR page (seen only if they unsuccessfully complete the FORM as required)

Comment

Hi, I hope Im posting my issue on the right page. Just finished my new website and have followed all the tutorials and read the forums but cannot seem to get my contact page to work. Any help please. My website is www.benthejeweller.com.au
                    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by silandben View Post
                      Hi, I hope Im posting my issue on the right page. Just finished my new website and have followed all the tutorials and read the forums but cannot seem to get my contact page to work. Any help please. My website is www.benthejeweller.com.au
                      Thanks.
                      Your SUBMIT button should appear after the RESET button and not before (the scripted method is linear), and both should be well within the FORM outlines.

Have you properly configured FORM PROPERTIES (email address, "page published as," specified a Success and Error page, etc.)??

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                        Your SUBMIT button should appear after the RESET button and not before (the scripted method is linear), and both should be well within the FORM outlines.

Have you properly configured FORM PROPERTIES (email address, "page published as," specified a Success and Error page, etc.)??

Hi Vasili,

Ive done it all, even changed the SUBMIT and RESET buttons around. Dont know whats left to do but maybe make another.

Comment

Originally posted by silandben View Post
                          Hi Vasili,Ive done it all, even changed the SUBMIT and RESET buttons around. Dont know whats left to do but maybe make another.
                          If you are following the Tutorials and are taking the Steps outlined in this thread, be sure when re-creating your page with a FORM that you also adhere to the details outlined in this post for the proper method of page creation using BV12+.

There can be no other source for your error than a missed Step, a skipped Requirement, or a mis-applied method.

Comment

Trying unsuccessfully to get a form to work

It's been a long while that I've had Blue Voda issues but I've just started playing with the form wizard (don't know why as I have access to Fantastico options and they work fine). I have a test page (http://www.onlineresearch4u.com/testpage40.php) with the form but click submit and all i get is:Warning: mail(/var/log/phpmail.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/jirfwoyu/public_html/onlineresearch4u/testpage40.php on line 80

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jirfwoyu/public_html/onlineresearch4u/testpage40.php:80) in /home/jirfwoyu/public_html/onlineresearch4u/testpage40.php on line 81
                            (checking the source code only goes up to 68 lines)Any help appreciated.
                            I was using the comment form and the same problem occurred sometime although the error page i created finally came up and the emails came through as they should have. BUT with this support form no email has yet gotten to the designated email as well as that error message above to make it all a double disaster.

Michael J Ming

Comment

Re: Trying unsuccessfully to get a form to work

Sorry, Michael, but you are pretty much wasting time "playing around" without a good understanding of the Email FORM in BlueVoda and how it really works (there is no Fantastico option, for instance).

You should carefully review all 3 of the FORM Tutorials (numbers 20-22) and additionally give focused attention to the posts in this thread, as these same errors have been addressed repeatedly with clear outlines and suggestions (selection in FORM PROPERTIES of "multi-part data", configuration of email address, etc.).... pay particular attention to the posts mentioning "Page Creation" and the proper methods when using BV12 and later versions:
                              Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                              If you are following these Steps outlined in this thread, be sure when re-creating your page with a FORM that you also adhere to the details outlined in this post for the proper method of page creation using BV12+.
                              There can be no other source for your error than a missed Step, a skipped Requirement, or a mis-applied method.

Comment

Re: Trying unsuccessfully to get a form to work

I tried carefully to follow the steps without success a few times- as you say there must be a step I'm missing somewhere so I will plug along until I get it right. In reference to Fantastico I was really referring to the php support tickets & the help center there that I use quite often and realise that the form wizard is quite separate from Fantasico but thanks for the advice. The form I now have looks great but still doesn't work. We will keep going hopefully until it does.
                                Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X