Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Default Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Hi everybody,

Forms have been always a difficult field, for all users. In our days, most users prefer to have tools that will allow setting up their pages, instead of hand coding. That's the reason BlueVoda has had such a success. Simplicity of use, combined to powerfull features.
    From now on, VodaHost offers you a tool that will allow you to easily process any form you have built!

The all new, ABVFP version 2.0 is here!

Please Download it from this location .

Here are the main features of this version:
    • Required fields checking.
    • Validation of the fields (email, numeric field, field length, allowing or not for http:// , www. and @ symbol to be included)
    • Multifile upload, with max size specified by the user.
    • Attachments: you will receive the uploaded files directly on your desktop with the email that you will receive.
    • Multiple owner email addresses: the script will now send multiple emails, to the specified owner email addresses. The first one, will be used as the "reply to" address for the autoresponder message.
    • Option to have your email address included or not in the autoresponder message. If not, a " no_reply@yourdomain.com " address will appear.
    • Multiple choice field processing.
    • Customizable mail subject.
    • Customizable multiline email header and footer. Autoresponder with customizable header, footer, subject and "From:" field. Built in security measures against automatic bot submission and / or mass spam submission using your script.
    • Single "action" file for all your forms. It will process ALL your forms.
    • User friendly interface that will allow you to setup the processing script by just typing in your site info. No hand coding required.
    • Username and password feature for the script administration page: no one else but you will ever be able to login.
    • FULL error reporting page: it will notify the visitor of all the errors encountered in filling in the form.
    • Thankyou page to let the visitor know that his submission has been successfull and allow him to go on surfing your site.
    • User defined URLs for the Errorpage and the thankyou page
    • User defined folder for the uploaded files (inside the same folder where ABVFP is installed)
    • You can now save your project in the database. If you need to change the settings for a form, you can do it just editing what needs to be edited. You don't need to type everything from scratch.
    • Database storing of the form submitted info: the script will AUTO CREATE the necessary database table, and store the info in it.
    • Installation wizard, that makes software installation as simple as possible. Create a database and a database user, upload the files, provide your details, and the script will be automatically installed.
    • Popup Help windows to guide you through the installation and the setting up of the forms.
    • Support for multiple forms per page. The old version could only process one form per page.
    • Support also for non VH users: since the script is a collection of html and php files, you can simply upload it on your server and it will work.
    • NEW! Captcha validation (Yes! that small number and character image that you have to read and type before you can proceed!)

Please note that ABVFPv2 will process ANY form that uses the POST method, not only the ones built with Blue Voda. It will process forms built in Frontpage, Dreamweaver. or any other site builder or html editor, as well as hand coded html and php forms. Furthermore, if you have more than one domains in your account, ABVFP will process ALL your forms, in ALL your domains, and will redirect correctly the visitor back to a thankyou page, that can be separately customized for EVERY form/domain. Error pages can also be independently customized for each form/domain. Just include the correct path to the pages, and ABVFP will take care of the rest.

ABVFPv2 consists in a collection of html and php files that you simply upload on a dedicated folder on your site. As such, it will run on ANY site that is conform to the minimum requirements which are PHP (4.0 or higher) and MySQL (4.1.21 or higher) support.

Extras: Downloadable Word file with the tutorial, for offline work. Full instructions on how to upload the software on your site, how to install and use it, how to customize or create your own Thankyou page and Error page.

Download the new ABVFP now and have fun!

Important Note!

ABVFP is a powerfull form processor. However, it will NOT work properly, if your form has not been correctly built and setup. So, if you are a VH client, it is assumed that you have experience in form building. If you don't, and you are a VodaHost client, please read carefully BlueVoda Form Tutorial 1, and BlueVoda Form Tutorial 2 .
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Default Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Absolutely Wonderful!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Please note that ABVFP has been updated to version 2.0 .

Most of the posts, practically ALL POSTS TILL January 26, 2007, Post #210, regard the old version.

Please ignore

Thankyou.
    Navaldesign
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Thumbs up Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Bravo, General!

An absolutely incredible contribution to our online success!

Πολυ Καλα......Ευχαριστώ!

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Quote Originally Posted by Vasili
    Bravo, General!

An absolutely incredible contribution to our online success!

Πολυ Καλα......Ευχαριστώ!

Thankyou Vasili.

I hope it will help some users.
    Navaldesign

Question Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor:

Navaldesigns:

I like this entire read inregards to ABVF.....

As once mentioned before to you, and since many changes have been in the making since my question to you many weeks ago.

I have still not created a form that would be sent to 2 separate e-mails. But in using this Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor, I hope that this will be possible.

I have had to close the http://Martech-Inc.biz site due to many changes we have been working with.

My question to you again is: How would I use this form processor to create upon submittal of the form, to be redirected to the following 2 e-mails?

Ram-Industries@comcast.net
    guykristina@comcast.net

The above 2 e-mails are the ones that I would like this form to be sent to.

The other thing which I want to have created in this processor form is something simular to a database or customer ID.

Here is basically what I want to have happen.

1). You fill out the form with all required information.
    2). You submit the form.
    3). You either receive a Thank You Letter or and Error Page.
    4). In the Thank You Letter you receive a customer ID number.
    5). Each resubmitall to this form, must require the customer ID.
    6). If you are a new customer, when form is sent, it will not generate an Error Page because of the missing customer ID.
    7). If a returning customer, since the customer has sent in a form already must use the customer ID. Then the form will generate a different Thank You Letter or Error Page from the first letter when you started.
    . This form is directed to both e-mails mentioned above.
    9). Once this form is received by the above e-mails, the customers IP address must be shown on the form so we can track the customer, and make it impossible for the customer to re submit a new customer form.
    10). Once a customer is given a customer ID, they can not send the form as if they were a new customer. A customer must use the customer ID after they have received the first Thank You Letter.
    10.A) This is simular to the Thank You letter received from VodaHost when you first became a customer.

Something like I have listed below:

PACKAGERam_Industries Customer FeedbackFEEDBACK CYCLEDaily, Weekly, Monthly, End of YearCustomer NameJohn KnephelkampDATE Started2006/09/04Account Details:Customer IDMartech-0178Customer E-MAILjknephelkamp@photovoltaic.netCustomer Phone Number(123) 456-7890Customer Relations and FeedbackYOUR IP ADDRESS11.11.11.11ADDRESS543 Coping WayCITY, STATE, ZIPCODEPasqual, Va. 15050MASTER PASSWORDbouncingThe above information will used for our records with Ram_Industries and Martech Inc. When sending additional information to us, you must provide this information.

I hope you can understand what I am trying to accomplish.

How would I implement the above into Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor? Is this possible or not?

Thank you

Ram_Industries
    Robert Montgomery
    412-213-0178

Quote Originally Posted by Ram_Industries
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor:

Navaldesigns:

I like this entire read inregards to ABVF.....

As once mentioned before to you, and since many changes have been in the making since my question to you many weeks ago.

I have still not created a form that would be sent to 2 separate e-mails. But in using this Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor, I hope that this will be possible.

I have had to close the http://Martech-Inc.biz site due to many changes we have been working with.

My question to you again is: How would I use this form processor to create upon submittal of the form, to be redirected to the following 2 e-mails?

guykristina@comcast.net

The above 2 e-mails are the ones that I would like this form to be sent to.

The other thing which I want to have created in this processor form is something simular to a database or customer ID.

Here is basically what I want to have happen.

1). You fill out the form with all required information. O
    2). You submit the form.
    3). You either receive a Thank You Letter or and Error Page.
    4). In the Thank You Letter you receive a customer ID number.
    This part has to be done in cooperation with a database or at least with an external file autocreated by the script and updated each time a new ID is assigned.

5). Each resubmitall to this form, must require the customer ID.
    How can you do that ? If the customer submits new data, the script will not be able to check if he's already registered. Even using cookies, will not solve this problem, as the visitor can very easily delete cookies from his computer before submitting.
    The only check the script can do, is to check and see if some of the visitor details are already in the database (or the file) and then ask him to fill in his ID. (error message)
    6). If you are a new customer, when form is sent, it will not generate an Error Page because of the missing customer ID.
    That's normal.
    7). If a returning customer, since the customer has sent in a form already must use the customer ID. Then the form will generate a different Thank You Letter or Error Page from the first letter when you started.
    It can be done, but it is not a built in feature
    . This form is directed to both e-mails mentioned above.
    It can be done but it's noy a buuilt in feature. Good idea for the next update though.
    9). Once this form is received by the above e-mails, the customers IP address must be shown on the form so we can track the customer, and make it impossible for the customer to re submit a new customer form.
    The IP address is already there, and you receive it also in your mail. However, resubmitting will always be possible, even if we implement an IP check in the database. That's because the IP address is not the same, as soon as you disconnect from internet and then you connect again, your ISP will assign you a different IP address. It might only be a coincidence that you get assigned the same, unless you have a static IP address from you ISP (hard to beleive).
    10). Once a customer is given a customer ID, they can not send the form as if they were a new customer. A customer must use the customer ID after they have received the first Thank You Letter.

As already said, there is no safe way to check that this customer has not submitted again. The customer might declare new data (email address, new name, new everything, and if he has deleted cookies from his computer, there is no script in the world that can check him. If, on the other hand, he declares the true info (f.e. email address), then the script can check it and worn him about his ID beeing needed, and also present a different form .
    10.A) This is simular to the Thank You letter received from VodaHost when you first became a customer.

Something like I have listed below:

PACKAGERam_Industries Customer FeedbackFEEDBACK CYCLEDaily, Weekly, Monthly, End of YearCustomer NameJohn KnephelkampDATE Started2006/09/04Account Details:Customer IDMartech-0178Customer E-MAILjknephelkamp@photovoltaic.netCustomer Phone Number(123) 456-7890Customer Relations and FeedbackYOUR IP ADDRESS11.11.11.11ADDRESS543 Coping WayCITY, STATE, ZIPCODEPasqual, Va. 15050MASTER PASSWORDbouncingThe above information will used for our records with Ram_Industries and Martech Inc. When sending additional information to us, you must provide this information.

I hope you can understand what I am trying to accomplish.

How would I implement the above into Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor? Is this possible or not?

Thank you

Ram_Industries
    Robert Montgomery
    412-213-0178
    These are very particular features. There is no form processing script that will do all that work. Login scripts do that, but they do not at the same time process the info. What you are asking for, is similar to a help desk script, that registers new clients, on their next visit it checks to see if they are already registered, etc. But even these scripts do not have a generic form processor implemented, they usually only have a textare for the message, and a couple of radio buttons for the department and the priority of the message.

You are asking for a very particular thing. It can be done, but these are not standard features of ANY form processor in the world.
    Navaldesign

Naval:

I understand that you spent alot of time in creating this explanation of how to set up ABVF......

I saved the zip file and tried to open it but received the following error code....

Compressed (zipped) Folders Error....

The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted.

Do you have a different link to access this zip file?

I saved to Hard Drive but unable to open the zipped file.

Ram_Industries
    Robert Montgomery

Quote Originally Posted by Ram_Industries
    Naval:

I understand that you spent alot of time in creating this explanation of how to set up ABVF......

I saved the zip file and tried to open it but received the following error code....

Compressed (zipped) Folders Error....

The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted.

Do you have a different link to access this zip file?

I saved to Hard Drive but unable to open the zipped file.

Ram_Industries
    Robert Montgomery
    Hi, the zip is ok, i just checked it. The problem has to do with your browser: indeed, if an attempt has been made to download the zip and failed for any reason, or if you had already downloaded it, and now you are trying to download the new version, your browser looks at the temp internet files folder (on your computer) and finds the old (or part of it) zip. To solve the problem, in IE, go to Tools, Internet Options, and in the General section, in the second paragraph, "Temporary Internet Files", click on "Delete files" . This will delete traces of the old (or failed) files and will allow you to download the zip correctly.
    Navaldesign

I just tried to download this zip as well and I get an error and I cleared cache and temporary internet files and it says the file is corrupted. I deleted it, tried to open from site, same message. Deleted again, downloaded again and still get the error. Anyway to email the files?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Bethers is offline Major General & Forum Moderator

I also was unable to download the file - get corrupted files when I try.

This downloading problem is a shame, because this is one of the BEST free
    form processors that I have come across..........

*****, can this not be included in the Treasure Chest and be downloaded
    from there ??

Naval, I have downloaded the new IE and everything is working 100%
    Thanks for such a fantastic program.

Ok, checked the zip again and it is ok. However, i can suggest the following:

1. Use the IDM (Internet download Manager) to download the zip. It is available for free at : http://www.vodahost.com/idm.htm
    I strongly reccomend this softoware, as it will automatically deal with all those common problems that have to do with downloading. I just used it myself to check the zip.

2. Use my form: i will email the zip to anyone that needs it.

Thankyou
    Navaldesign

Could you please email me the zip file for your form as referenced in your post above? I am trying to upload a PDF file that people visiting my web site can access from my site. Thank you Colleen

toiyske@comcast.net

Well, I tried to download the download manager and that didnt work either. Tried redowning the zip file, that didnt work. I also tried downloading the form maker in the treasure chest and that one doesnt work either. I give up! I emailed you Naval using your form! Thanks

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Mac
    Well, I tried to download the download manager and that didnt work either. Tried redowning the zip file, that didnt work. I also tried downloading the form maker in the treasure chest and that one doesnt work either. I give up! I emailed you Naval using your form! Thanks

Karen
    Zip sent. Thankyou
    Navaldesign

Quote Originally Posted by navaldesign
    Minor updates and improvements have been made:
    • Now the autoresponder will NOT include the path to the uploaded files. This will prevent your visitor from knowing where the files have been uploaded.
    • Default values have been added in the Administrator fields, to guide you through the procedure
    • Some clarifications have been added in the Word and PDF tutorials
    • Tutorial images have been updated accordingly.
    Please download the zip again and reinstall the following files:
    • abvfp.php (just upload it on your site, as it is)
    • ndadnin.bvp (open it in BV, change the username, SAVE and publish it again)
    • ndadminhelp.bvp (open it in BV, SAVE and publish it again)
    Thankyou.
    abvfp.php (just upload it on your site, as it is) Yes but How there is coming a mesage : "unespected file format" and it's for dreamviver or something!?
    Please shou me the way I can upload abv.php on mine saite Thanks

Bethers is offline Major General & Forum Moderator

OK - now I download this - but when I try to extract - it tells me there is nothing in it to extract. I must admit this is driving me crazy! Have downloaded it twice to my computer today, but nothing is working as far as extracting/opening the zip file ??

Bethers, use myform (look above) . I will email it to you.
    Navaldesign

Quote Originally Posted by chrisandburly
    abvfp.php (just upload it on your site, as it is) Yes but How there is coming a mesage : "unespected file format" and it's for dreamviver or something!?
    Please shou me the way I can upload abv.php on mine saite Thanks
    Use FTP or File Manager and simply upload it. You don't publish it.
    Navaldesign

Hi Naval,
    I download the file after installing IDM, no problems unzipping, copied the contact form to my page http://www.blueearthtea.com/contact_us.html

Couldn't make it work, not sure what I have not completed:

-when I clcik Send I get a "the page cannot be found" http://www.blueearthtea.com/abvfp.php
    -also, does not tell me that obligatory fields (email, name and last name) are missing.

I didn't see the "mailto:" anywhere and left the form properties "abvfp.php" exactly the same way you show in the tutorial, including the hidden fields "ndpage".

I know I am missing something, please help. Thank you

Bill did you use bv ftp to upload the
    ndadmin1.php and the
    abvfp.php files to the same dir as the contactform ??

Wow, I need stronger eyeglasses !
    Thank you so much Naval, appreciate it.

You're welcome, just let me know.
    Navaldesign

Was looking forward to this advanced script but file was corrupted... wanted to implement this script because naval always has useful additions but for some reason file was corrupted...stumbled across David Alecia's BV download. Excellent, rivals BV Tutorial for forms... well BV actually explains and david alecia's download does everything except publish the form for you. David Alecia:Download your free email Contact Form Now
    i am pretty sure Naval's is well designed too... just wasnt able to download without errors. shout outs to naval design and david alecia... making it easy for everybody.

http://www.lost-angelz.com/americuzcontact.html

Lost-Angel:

Forms have always been a problem for a lot of people in these forums, which is why Naval, Andy, and myself have sought to make it easier for everyone concerned.

To-date, I believe that for sheer funionality, Naval´s new forms processor is the best of the 3 available.

Andy´s contribution has an excelent tutorial as well, and has been used by many forum members.

My modest program seems to have been accepted for ease of installation, and is also being used by many of our forum members.

Everyone should have a look at all 3 programs and then use the 1 which they consider to be appropiate for them.

Good luck to you all and

have fun

Quote Originally Posted by lost-angel
    Was looking forward to this advanced script but file was corrupted... wanted to implement this script because naval always has useful additions but for some reason file was corrupted...stumbled across David Alecia's BV download. Excellent, rivals BV Tutorial for forms... well BV actually explains and david alecia's download does everything except publish the form for you. David Alecia:Download your free email Contact Form Now
    i am pretty sure Naval's is well designed too... just wasnt able to download without errors. shout outs to naval design and david alecia... making it easy for everybody.

http://www.lost-angelz.com/americuzcontact.html
    I beleive that the installation of ABVFP is very easy. You upload two files, and you publish 5 BV pages. Then you run the administrator page, in order to provide the necessary info about your form.

ABVFP is not a standalone script. The complexity of it's features makes necessary to have more than one files, and i understand that this may cause some confusion. However, once you follow the steps carefully, it's all very straight.

Now, the corrupted zip: many members have had the same problem, but the zip is ok, in BOTH download locations. Indeed, i download many times, just to make sure that there is nothing wrong about it. A useful option here would be that of installing the IDM (internet Download Manager) from here which will download ABVFP easily.
    Navaldesign

Thanx. I am going to uninstall this mess and try from scratch. I am issing something here.

Quote Originally Posted by kenhansen
    Thanx. I am going to uninstall this mess and try from scratch. I am issing something here.
    If you need help just use myform to send me your login details and the URL of your form. I will install it for you.
    Navaldesign

The form is great and looks better than my original.
    Thanks again Naval.

Red face Have about 14 hrs invested in making this form work

I went and printed the detailed intructions posted by Naval design on 9/20. I followed them to a tee. I got to the point where I saved and published http://www.chicagocycleconnection.com/ndadmin.php. I went to the site, logged in using the username I pre-defined earlier and pressed the login button.

I then scolled down to the Help window and found the questions and entries that were entered in the upper portion of the form. I was unable to edit or delete them, but figured that I can fix that later.

I pressed the "Generate Configuration File" button and received the error 404 page. It said that avpfp.php was not found on the server. I checked and found that is was there in the public_html folder. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. (?)

Additionally I went to the ndaadmin file and viewed it in html to ensure that my username replaced the "yourusername" field.

I expect a glitch or 2 working with these things, especially something complex as this. This form maker does more than I even need it to, but have not found anything else close.

I really need some help finishing this. I am sorry if I appear to be a pest about this one, but it is the key to having my site provide the features I want to offer.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

kenhansen:
    Your admin page comes up OK so if you have entered your username and hit
    login, the page should refresh with your username.
    At this stage you should enter at least the required fields before clicking
    the "generate button"

If you have done all the above and still get the 404 error
    check that your abvfp.pfp file size is 12k

Sometimes ftp programs do not complete properly

I have been to your site and I see that you are now using my form.....
    But that is not working either. You can send me the processingpage.php(or copy it here) and I will have a look at it...........
    OR
    If you wish to send me your username, your password and your server number, I will check your installation of Naval´s form processor for you.

Things are a bit messed up:
    1. You have changed my own script ndadmin.php action to be "abvfp.php". You shuould not have touched it, you were only supposed to change your password. You have alsochanged the form default values, thus showing everyone what your settings are.
    2. You have set the form url in http://www.chicagocycleconnection.com/contactform.html

whilst your form is http://www.chicagocycleconnection.com/contactus.html

It could never have worked this way. I'm fixing it now for you.
    Navaldesign

Ken,

i have fixed the script for you. Please do the following:

1. In your form page, extend the form area to the right because at the present moment, name and email fields are outside the form area. Copy these two fields, delete them, and paste them again using the paste tool in the upper toolbar. Alternatively, delete them and create them from scratch.

2. Add a hidden field in your form . The hidden field name must be "ndpage" and it's value "contactus".

3. Set the action to be "abvfp.php"
    4. Set the method to "POST" it is Get now.

Save and publish.

After that you can customize your "thankyou_page" and your "errorpage".

Open them in BV, customize them, save them (with the same names) and publish them again.
    Navaldesign

I have also published a new contact page, without touching your existing one. Have a look at http://www.chicagocycleconnection.com/contactus1.html

and try it.
    Navaldesign

I don't know how you did it, but I do appreciate it. At the risk of sounding like a total idiot(which I am sure I have accomplished already), how do I transfer your copy of /contactus.html back to my PC in a bvp or php format? I tried editing the html with frontpage, but it did not give me the options you suggested. Should I be using form maker again? Still, I cannot see how to work with a html doc.

Your help has been tremendous, but your reply has left me confused. I don't mean to take your time, but I am so close now. I have printed every page of your post dated 9/20, and if directed on how to proceed back to those instructions, I am sure I can figure it out. My problem is your wonderful job of placing this page in my site is perfect, but in HTML. How do I get it back to BVP? Adding the hidden fields and setting the action to be "abvfp.php" seems contradictory to an html document.

I apologize for my ignorance and vow to understand this process better. Maybe I can help the next newbee and you can know that the help came from your mentoring.

Thanx again, -Ken

I'm sending you the .bvp file. Since some of the images might be missing, i suggest that you do this: open the page (contactus1) in BV. Open also your own page (contactus). Delete, from your page, the form as well as the titles. Copy the same elements from my page, and paste them in your own page, using the paste toll in the top toolbar. Save your page and publish it. You are done. There is no need to run "ndadmin.php again". I have already done this, and unless you change something else, this configuration file will work ok.
    Navaldesign

Hi naval design,
    I uploaded the two php scripts but when i trie to open the pages only one works (ndadminhelp) the other ones doesn't (message enexpected files) and trying to open nadadmin.... just close Blue Voda (message BV enconter a problem ....)
    I desintalled everything and redone it 5 times but still doesn't work.
    What could be the problem?

Thank you for your answer.
    I have done it again 3 times. Same problem.

If its not the zip file and you still cannot open any of the other bvp files in bluevoda then try downloading a fresh copy of bluevoda.

If you still have the same problem after that then its something to do with your computer setup.

If you wish to send me your details, I will install it for you.

Hi David,
    I got a fresh copy of bluevoda and... Yes it's OK!!!
    Thank you Very Very much...

Testing the form I got this

Illegal Form Submission
    The field Email cannot contain the @ character !

Email propreties set with : Email-RB

What can I do?

The email field must be set as -Re lowercase e. as writen in the tutorial table of extensions..

As for the illegal submission please post here the form URL
    Navaldesign

Hi naval...
    Problem again...
    I set up the form,(properties abvfp), I checked the fields values and name, the error page , the thank you page etc...and when I try to use the form..If it is incomplete .error page back to the form...
    When I filled all the fields...and validate

then...abvfp.php cannot be found...
    I read and re-read and re-re-read the tutorials...

I don't understand...I uploaded abvfp ...

I have another question How to make a check box and list or combo box field Required.

Thank you

It is not the abvfp.php that cannot be found. The script is loaded, and it works. It even sent me the autoresponder message when i tested it. But, after submission, looks for your thankyou page (which you have called "action.html" and no such page exists on your site, that's why you get this message.

The checkbox, as well as the combobox, become required as all the others: by setting the extension -R in their name. I would suggest -RA or -RB for security reasons.
    Navaldesign

Default avpfp.php not found error

I have corrected everything I could find wrong on the adadmin page, saved, published, logged in on-line and generated. Got the avpvp.php not found message. Went back and checked all my page names. I never dreamed I would spend this many days to create the simple task of generating a form to obtain an opt-in list for users who want my newsletter.

Does anyone know of any pre-made templates for this? This has gotten beyond ridiculous.

Any ideas are welcome.

Ken, you have left the hidden field "ndpage" value as "contactform", but in the admin page you have declared the form as "contactus". It can never work this way.

Please edit your form hidden field in "contactus" and it will be ok.

You have mail explaining in more details.

However, ABVFP is a generic form processor, if you need a signup for the newsletter form, you need to use a specific script. It must not only allow signup, but it must also provide administration: storing and retreiving the info from a database, mass emailing (sending the newsletter), editing the members details, etc. Click on http://www.google.it/search?sourceid...+signup+script . Attention: there are also ASP versions among them, THEY WILL NOT WORK ON VH.
    Navaldesign

Thank you again Naval,
    but still have a little problem
    You said...

"The checkbox, as well as the combobox, become required as all the others: by setting the extension -R in their name. I would suggest -RA or -RB for security reasons."

I set the extension for the combo box and the check box
    as essai-RA
    and trouvé-RA
    I went back to ndadmin.php ...and generate configuration File

But apparently it's not working.

You receive an "Illegal form submission because you have forgotten to edit your form url: it results: " http://www.yourdomain.com/contactform.html" whilst it should be " http://www.amazing-trades.com/contactform.html"

You DON'T need to run the ndadmin.php again everytime you change something in the field names or extensions.
    Navaldesign

I made the change that Navaldesign suggested and it worked fine. When I tested it, I found there were some typos in the confirmation email the auto-responder sent. I corrected those in ndadmin, re-published, logged in to ndadmin.php and hit the generate button. I received the error page form with the error: illegal form submission. I went back over everything I could think of, including the instructions, and cannot figure why it gave me that error. All I did after it was working fine was fix some typos in the text areas of the autoresponder.

Any ideas?

Thanx

After posting the previous message, I noticed the prior from Navaldesign addressing the same issue to someone else. I am a bit confused where you mention that the form url needs to be changed if you made the changes the way I did. I don't know where that change needs to be made. I looked at everything I could think of, what did I miss?

Ken, your form is perfectly working, i just tested it. I also received the autoresponder message. I tested it on both your sites.
    Navaldesign

Default Re: Reply

Navaldesign, thank you for the quick reply. The form does work but the changes I made never were generated. So I guess the real question is if I intiate changes in BV to ndadmin, how do I get it apply?

Thanx

ndadmin MUST NOT BE EDITED IN BV. The only editing of this page in BV is required when you change the login username. Once you've done this, and published, you don't touch this page anymore, you just use it.
    You simply visit the page with your browser, make the changes in the ndadmin fields, and click on Generate. Ofcourse, all this, AFTER you have logged in. If you don't login first, NO CHANGES will be applied, as the ndadmin form will do NOTHING at all.
    Navaldesign

After posting my last, I saw your reply (I don't know why I am not seeing that until after I post, but ...) look at the email "From" field, the page break symbol <BR> in the thank you line, and the spelling of newsletters. That is what I am trying to fix. Sorry to make a big deal of this, but I do want things to look perfect.

This is a bug on my side. To avoid the <BR> simply make sure that your mail header and footer, as well as the autoresponder header and footer, are all one line, not multiple lines.

To see the posts in time, refresh the page every while (press F5)
    Navaldesign

I agree with your last, I should not have edited it in BV. I went back to check if my login was correct in NDADMIN via HTML view and it is correct. I do login when I access the page, but still have this problem. I never saw any confirmation that my login worked, so I tried entering an incorrect login and the page still looks the same. If I need to start from scratch, I will, but if there is an alternative, I would certainly prefer to do that.

Ok, please send me what you need your autoresponder messages to be and i'll fix it for you in 3 minutes. You know my email address
    Navaldesign

Ken, i just found out that you have touched other things also in the ndadmin.php. You have set the action to be "abvfp.php", which has NOTHING to do with what should be there. This is why you get an "Illegal form submission" when you fill in these fields. Now i have published again the original file, and i'm sending it also to you.
    Navaldesign

Default Re:Action change to abvfp.php

When I was going over everything and referred to the docs I printed out, under the section titled: Setting up correctly the form propertites, that is the text listed to be entered in the action line of the form properties( abvfp.php). This is from what I printed out in 10/11, maybe that has been changed. Thanx again for your help. I will check out your changes in a bit.

NavalDesign
    Bit stomped again, downloading form to use in another site.
    From http://www.ftaaconsulting.com/ndadmin.php, I can't get the form scripter "Generate Configuration File" to recognize the thankyou_page for this site. the tank you that pops up is the one for www.bluearthtea.com

The form however is being sent to the correct email address.

The two sites are in separate folders.

What am i doing wrong?

Hi Bill, Have you also installed the ABVFP in both folders ?
    Navaldesign

yes just double check in FTP

Bill, i can't find a "thankyou_page" in www.ftaaconsulting.com Are you sure you have published one ?
    Navaldesign

I deleted it and copied again and when I hit send teh "page cannot be found comes up. But if I refresh I get http://www.ftaaconsulting.com/abvfp.php

Ok Bill, you have published the thankyou_page as php, that's why ABVFP can't find it. Publish it as html.
    Navaldesign

Bill, i can't find a "thankyou_page" in www.ftaaconsulting.com Are you sure you have published one ?
    You are right I cannot find it either. I redirected the DNS name servers this afternoon, would that have anything to do with it?

Thank you maestro.

You are welcome.
    Navaldesign

One other thing, when uploading a file, say a word doc, the receiving e-mail shows the upload:
    "upload1 = http://www.ftaaconsulting.com/uploads/Copy of Estructura enviada RCT August 22 of 05.doc "
    but I cant open it - http://www.ftaaconsulting.com/uploads/Copy The page not found"

Quote Originally Posted by bill2006
    You are right I cannot find it either. I redirected the DNS name servers this afternoon, would that have anything to do with it?
    Takes at least 4 hours, Bill....and uploading to an account still being set up won't recognize the URL validation either (emails have no valid path yet....unless you re-direct or forward emails until the domain sticks).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Yes, but only use the upload function on the form in www.ftaaconsulting.com. The tutorial #1, indicates that I have to create an uploads folder, is that in FTP?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasili
    Takes at least 4 hours, Bill....and uploading to an account still being set up won't recognize the URL validation either (emails have no valid path yet....unless you re-direct or forward emails until the domain sticks).
    Hi Eric,
    It worked like a charm, tha page transition was almost immediate and the partners didnot notice. The emails are working with the webmail function, I have to set them up for Outlook next. But want the form to work first.

Hi Bill, the reason the link doesn't work is that your file names have blanks between the words, so the link arrives to you broken. You need to copy the entire link (http://www.ftaaconsulting.com/uploads/Copy of Estructura enviada RCT August 22 of 05.doc ) in your browser address bar and it will work like a charm.

Please also make sure to publish an "index" page (even a blank one) in your "uploads" folder, so no one will be able to browse this folder. Otherwise, anyone who knows you have this folder, will be able to type in his browser http://www.ftaaconsulting.com/uploads and see what you have in there, and eventually download it.
    Navaldesign

Hi Naval...

You have mail...

Thank you,
    Chris

Cool Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Hi All,

My name is Tons. New to Blue Voda but I am extremely astonish at how easy it is to use, till I reach the forms. Read the Advanced BV Forms downloaded everything, made sure php files are php, created a folder and change all permissions to 777.

Then I went into www.tonsofmatters.com/ndadmin.php error. Sorry all I am very lost. Yeah much like the mini series LOST.

Can anyone help a newbie like me.

Thanks
    Tons

Hi All,

My name is Tons. I am new to Blue Voda but I am really impress with what it can do for me till I am experiencing problems with forms.

I am using Advanced BV Forms. I pretty much did the whole tutorial 3 times and I am still unable to get it done.

To make things easier let me explain what I have done.

1. Set up Registration form and publish.
    2. Set up thank you page and publish
    3. Set up error page and publish as PHP file.
    4. Uploaded ndadmin1.php into Cpanel.
    5. Change username in ndadmin.bvp, save and publish.
    6. Publish ndadminhelp.bvp and ndadminconfirm.bvp.
    7. Went into www.tonsofmatters.com/ndadmin.php to update and configure. Click Generate Configuration File. Error404.
    8. uploaded all PHP file again into public_html and create a folder in publich_html and change all permissions to 777.
    9 Went into www.tonsofmatters.com/ndadmin.php again. Error message just got bigger.

Please help. I am really lost and I spend the last 3 days doing Forms.

Thanks.
    Tons

There seems to be some kind of permissions problem with your site. If you wish, use my form to send me your loggin details and i will fix it for you.
    Navaldesign

Hi Naveldesign (I Hope...)
    I am trying to use the Advanced BV Form
    I have downloaded, reading PDF instructions, and got as far as trying to open the .bvp files as instructed.
    Problem: When trying to open these files, I get error message:
    "Unexpected File Format"
    Please advise.
    Thanks
    Bill

Bill.
    1st try downloading the abvp zip file again and if that
    doesnt work then try downloading a fresh copy of bluevoda......

I haven't got a problem. I just want to say a huge thank you to Naval for taking the time to build this for us. I've used it, it was simple, the instructions were great and it works like a dream. For me, this was a very welcome solution to a long standing problem and I appreciate it very much.

Thank you, Naval!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Quote Originally Posted by fwhpita
    Hi Naveldesign (I Hope...)
    I am trying to use the Advanced BV Form
    I have downloaded, reading PDF instructions, and got as far as trying to open the .bvp files as instructed.
    Problem: When trying to open these files, I get error message:
    "Unexpected File Format"
    Please advise.
    Thanks
    Bill
    Does your software open normal BV pages saved on your computer ? If yes, then maybe you are trying to open pages which are not intended to be opened on BV. If not, then you have some problem with your BV. Try downloading the last version in http://support.vodahost.com/index.ph...wnloaditemid=1
    Navaldesign

There seems to be some kind of permissions problem with your site. If you wish, use my form to send me your loggin details and i will fix it for you.
    Hi Naval,

I have just send you my details through your form.

Another problem I encountered. My Google Ads and VodaHost Ads are missing from some of my pages. I republish them again but it still showed the old pages. Is it due to the changes I made when I was doing my form?

Thanks for your help.
    Tons

Quote Originally Posted by tonsofmatters
    Hi Naval,

Another problem I encountered. My Google Ads and VodaHost Ads are missing from some of my pages. I republish them again but it still showed the old pages. Is it due to the changes I made when I was doing my form?

Thanks for your help.
    Tons
    Hi Naval,

I just went in to see if www.tonsofmatters.com/ndadmin.php works. It did, so I change my form info and Generate Configuration. I was then send to www.ndadminconfirm.html page.

After that I went into my www.tonsofmatters.com/registration.html page and see if I could get my forms to work. No it did not. Error message occurs. Here is the message,
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@tonsofmatters.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The error message is from URL: www.tonsofmatters.com/abvfp.php

Hope you can help me. Actually I believe you can help me. Thanks.

Tons.

Hi Naval,

Thanks for your help.
    Tons
    Hi, i fixed it for you. You had set the abvfp.php permissions to be 777 instead of the correct 644. ALL THE REST OF ABVFP HAD BEEN (I am very pleased with this) CORRECTLY PUBLISHED/UPLOADED and the admin page had created correctly the confi file (Congratulations!)

As for your ads, i can't really know. Publishing or uploading the ABVFP files cannot have affected the rest of your pages. Please provide a link to the problematic pages.
    Navaldesign

Hi, i fixed it for you. You had set the abvfp.php permissions to be 777 instead of the correct 644. ALL THE REST OF ABVFP HAD BEEN (I am very pleased with this) CORRECTLY PUBLISHED/UPLOADED and the admin page had created correctly the confi file (Congratulations!)

As for your ads, i can't really know. Publishing or uploading the ABVFP files cannot have affected the rest of your pages. Please provide a link to the problematic pages.
    Hi Naval,

Thanks for the help. Will do it 2morrow and revert back to you. Glad I did the things correctly. That is mostly due to your wonderful tutorial.

Cheers!
    Tons

hello, I have been using the form pro and everything seems to be working fine I have multiple upolad fields but when I submit the form it dosnt get directed to the thank you page, I get directed to search.com with my website url in the search field of this serach engine. But I still receive an email and everything seems to be processing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by witguides
    hello, I have been using the form pro and everything seems to be working fine I have multiple upolad fields but when I submit the form it dosnt get directed to the thank you page, I get directed to search.com with my website url in the search field of this serach engine. But I still receive an email and everything seems to be processing fine.
    If you are using Form Maker Pro this is not the wright thread to post. You should start your own thread. However, i beleibe that you have not set correctly your thankyou page, or you have not set up correctly FMP to redirect to the thankyou page after submission.

Of course, these are just guesses. If you wish start a new thread, and post the form url so we can have a look.
    Navaldesign

Hi Naval,

Thanks for the help. Will do it 2morrow and revert back to you. Glad I did the things correctly. That is mostly due to your wonderful tutorial.

Cheers!
    Tons
    Hi Naval,

How can I thank you enough for helping me. The form worked like wonders. Now I can create another 3 more forms to complete my website.

Thanks once again.

Cheers!
    TonsOfMatters.

You are very welcome.
    Navaldesign

I went to http://www.networkprofit.com/ndadmin.php but a box pops up asking for my username and password. I put in the username and password that I use for publishing but it does not work.

What username and password am I supposed to be using here?

Thanks for your help.

It is obvious that you have password protected your public_html folder. So you should use the password and username you have set for this folder.
    Furthermore, you are not hosting with VH, so i can't even login and help you.
    Navaldesign

Yes, I am hosting with VH and I don't remember password protecting anything. What do I do now?

I just found my answer. I had to put in networkprofit.net instead of .com. Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by amma3; 11-04-2006 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Found My Answer

The protection message is coming from your site with a title of "Members"
    so have you created a members area only, and if so then your abvfp files are within the members area.
    OR, as Naval has pointed out, you may have protected your public_html folder...............

To un-protect, go into your Cpanel, and then passwords section and de_select the top left box.

Quote Originally Posted by amma3
    Yes, I am hosting with VH and I don't remember password protecting anything. What do I do now?

I just found my answer. I had to put in networkprofit.net instead of .com. Sorry for the confusion.
    This is excactly why i said you are not hosting with VH, i was looking for www.networkprofit.com
    Navaldesign

I think I really messed this up.

When I click on generate configuration file I get 2 error messages:

The requested URL /ndadmin1.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I had originally uploaded the 2 files: abvfp.php and ndadmin1.php and I seem them there.

Then I later read that I should have created a file called upload so I did this and tried to move the files into it. Couldn't do it so I uploaded them again right into the upload folder. Then I read that the upload folder should be in the public_html folder so I created another file called upload in the public_html folder. Again tried to move the 2 files from the other public folder but couldn't do it. I did not upload them again at this point.

I'm lost!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information