Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Default Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

If you have uploaded then you know how to use your ftp program.....
    So you can delete the files from your upload folder and then simply upload them again to your root(public_htlml) directory.

btw: you do not create a file called upload, you create a folder called upload.

Just go over the instructions once again and everything will become much clearer in your mind.

Naval will be around soon, so keep plugging away............

The whole procedure is wrong.

Please follow these simple steps:

1. Open in BV the following files:
    a. ndadminelp.bvp,
    b. ndadminconfirm.bvp,
    c. thankyou_page.bvp,
    d. errorpage.bvp. For this one make sure the publishing extension (in page properties) is set to php

Save them on your computer and publish them.

2. Open in BV the file ndadmin.bvp. Change the password in the page html, as per tutorial instructions. Make sure the publishing extension (in page properties) is set to php.

Save the page and publish.

3. Upload on your site, the files
    a. abvfp.php
    b. ndadmin1.php

using BlueFTP or any other FTP, or even File Manager.

Do NOT attempt to change the errorpage and the thankyou page at this stage, it might confuse you.

Ok, the installation is over.

Please delete the "uploads" folder if you have created one. The script will create it for you.

Type in your browser www.yoursite.com/ndadmin.php and when it opens, login using the password you have inserted in the ndadmin file html before publishing it. Follow the wizard and when done, click on "Generate configuration File". You are done.

Later, you can modify the "thankyou_page" and "errorpage" directly in BV, following the tutorial instructions. Save the modified pages and publish them.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

I checked the saved files and they were correct. I deleted the uploaded files and uploaded them again. This time it worked and I got the confirmation page.

Now when I go to the page with the form and fill out the information and submit I get the error page that says illegal form submission. Apparently I am still doing something wrong but I don't know what to check.

I am trying to send the info to an autoresponder that collects my leads information. Is that not possible.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Please post here the URL of your form page and i'll have a look
    Navaldesign
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Thank you so much!

Here is my page url: http://www.networkprofit.net/f36salesp2.html

Ok, this is a very simple problem: when you run the ndadmin.php and you filled in your form URL, you typed in: http://www.networkprofit.net/f36salesp2

that is you forgot the .html at the end.
    So the script sees that the submission is made by http://www.networkprofit.net/f36salesp2.html

but in it's archive it expects the submission from http://www.networkprofit.net/f36salesp2

so it considers it an illegal submission.

Run again ndadmin.php typing correctly the form URLand you will be ok.

Also, you have an unnamed hidden field in your form which does nothing.
    Navaldesign

Thank you it went through now.

But, the info does not go into the autoresponder correctly. The only field that shows up is the email address. I see that I can actually generate the html code for the form in my autoresponder and put it on my page. Html is a little scary but I'm willing to give it a try unless you have another suggestion?

I'm sorry for being so pesty - I am so non "techie" it's pathetic, but I'm trying!

Sorry, but i don't understand what you need to do. ABVFP is a form processor designed to process your form and send you the info. Also. it has a simple autoresponder feature.

To send the info to your autoresponder, in order to store them and use them later, you need to (i suppose) set the form action to be a particular script, part of your autoresponder, which will grab the info and store it. Also the fields need to be named in a certain way. Ususally autoresponders have their own form and you should use that.
    Navaldesign

I could use some assistance, I have downloaded the ABVFP, followed the instructions completely but it is just not working. I fill out my form and hit submit or reset and nothing happens. I also downloaded Form Maker Pro, installed it and I cannot get it to work. Very frustrating as I am trying to complete a website that requires a one page contact form. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Monty

Monty, is "Retirement / Relocation" your form ? if so, your first problem is the form, then we should see if there is also a script problem. Some of your fields, as well as the submit button, are outside the form area, as i already told you in the email i sent you. Please correct the form first, then we can see about the script. You have sent me your login details, but i don't have the form file. If i did, i would have corrected it my self. Start with correcting the form, then i'll make the rest
    Navaldesign

Hi Naval,

Thanks for responding, I have not received an email from you, that is why I posted in here. I corrected the form in BV, saved and published again. The form file is:
    http://74.52.137.210/~oijfzwij/retirement.html

Thanks for your assistance. I have been trying to figure out what I did wrong.

Monty

Quote Originally Posted by navaldesign
    Monty, is "Retirement / Relocation" your form ? if so, your first problem is the form, then we should see if there is also a script problem. Some of your fields, as well as the submit button, are outside the form area, as i already told you in the email i sent you. Please correct the form first, then we can see about the script. You have sent me your login details, but i don't have the form file. If i did, i would have corrected it my self. Start with correcting the form, then i'll make the rest

I'm afraid that your fields (As well as the submit button) are still outside the form area. You need to stretch the form area downwards, to cover all fields. You might also need to copy the last fileds, Activities, Best Time, Contacted by, Submit and Reset , delete them, then paste them back, as stretching the form now will not guarantee those fields inclusion.
    Navaldesign

I stretched the form down and put the fields back in, saved page, and published it.

I'm afraid that your fields (As well as the submit button) are still outside the form area. You need to stretch the form area downwards, to cover all fields. You might also need to copy the last fileds, Activities, Best Time, Contacted by, Submit and Reset , delete them, then paste them back, as stretching the form now will not guarantee those fields inclusion.

Ok, checking now
    Navaldesign

Stretch the form also to the right, to cover the state/city/zip field. Repeat copy / delete / paste / for the city state zip field. The others are ok now
    Navaldesign

Even with this error, i tested your form and it gave me the thankyou page, and it sent me the autoresponder message, so i beleive it has also sent you the mail. Check it. Well done, just fix the one field. Then you might also want to customize your thankyou_page and the errorpage.
    Navaldesign

Thanks so much Naval, I knew it had to be something I just couldnt see. Thanks for your assistance, I appreciate it.

Yes, now I can move forward. Monty

Even with this error, i tested your form and it gave me the thankyou page, and it sent me the autoresponder message, so i beleive it has also sent you the mail. Check it. Well done, just fix the one field. Then you might also want to customize your thankyou_page and the errorpage.

You're welcome. Glad you had made it in settingup ABVFP correctly.
    Navaldesign

Thanks naval.
    Took me all of 10 minutes to get the form working as promised.
    your posting was informative and simple to follow.
    Thanks
    Bruce Hewitt
    YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...
    IT MIGHT AS WELL BE TODAY!

http://www.panzoomproperties.com
    http://www.thebabydolls.biz
    bruce@webbrok.com

You are very welcome.
    Navaldesign

Thumbs up Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Hi Navaldesign,

First, a Big note of THANKS! I really struggled through getting a form done on my website, but thanks to you, I was able to manage without throwing my computer out the window. Your tutorial on Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor was Very helpful!

I've still got a couple of minor glitches, some which I know I can figure out. But, I can't manage to figure out:

1. The checkbox at the bottom of my form is supposed to be a Required field. I cannot get it to register as such -- even though I've included a "-R" in the Checkbox Properties "name".

2. I was expecting to have my Page Source info hidden -- which is not the case. Did I forget to do something?

Again, thank you and Bravo on a fabulous tutorial.

Cheers,
    Scribbler

The check box, by DEFINITION, cannot be a required field, when a generic form processor is used. Let me explain: when you submit a form, only the fields which are filled in or at least have deafult values, are being actually submitted. If the checkbox is not checked, it is not even being submitted, so the script finds nothing to check. Such a script only can validate what it receives.
    This type of validation can be done only with a specific script, which would already include in the code the names of the fields it must validate, so if the check box is not checked and it's value not submitted, the script knows that it has been left empty. Try changing the checkbox with two radio buttons, belonging ofcourse to the same group, one of which will have a default value.

However, if you wish, post here the form URL and i will prepare a specific script for your form.
    Navaldesign

Naval,

Thanks very much for taking the time to explain the problem with what I did/expected. (Unfortunately) it now makes sense.

However, I'd prefer not to use two radio buttons. I think the reason will become evident once you see the page. It's so good of you to offer to help write a script for my form. I'm going to take you up on your kindness.

There's only one checkbox (at the bottom of the page) so it should be clear.

The URL is http://www.projectgreatestgift.com/contactform.php

Many, many thanks for whatever you can do!
    Scribbler59
    Alias: Corinne
    www.projectgreatestgift.com

Ok, i'll send you a customized version of abvfp.php in the next 10 minutes. Please upload the new script on your site replacing the original.
    Navaldesign

Please do the following:

1. Give your checkbox the value "Yes". At the moment it is empty.
    2. Publish your form page as html and not php as you have done.

Try it, then if it doesn't work, let me know.
    Navaldesign

Hi Naval,

I uploaded all the ABVFP files to my addon domain, to allow me to finish my website and test it out. I followed instructions as usual but I am getting "illegal form submission" when I test the form. Here is the url:

http://yes-one.org/retirement.html

I am going to go back and retrace everything to see if I can figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Monty Winters

Hi Naval,

Just wanted to publicly thank you for all your help.

My form now works to my satisfaction ONLY because of you!

Cheers,
    Scribbler59
    Alias: Corinne
    www.projectgreatestgift.com

Hi Monty,

this is because thr URL of the form is missing the www, whilst in the confuguration file you have included it. Just visit http://www.yes-one.org/retirement.html and the form will work. Also please add to your email field name, the extension -e, that is make it Email-e
    Navaldesign

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbler59
    Hi Naval,

Just wanted to publicly thank you for all your help.

My form now works to my satisfaction ONLY because of you!

Cheers,
    You are very welcome, thankyou.
    Navaldesign

Ok it's me again, I know I'm a pain in the butt, I have got to the stage where you have to go onto http://yourdomain.com/ndadmin.php and it's not there. What the hell do I do wrong???

I just get the stupid page not found bit. Any Ideas?

Oops wait I lied I found it sorry!!!
    www.silver-maple.ca Lakeside camping in beautiful Northern Ontario

Bitznbats,

Also, please note that your form, in your booking page, has the following problems:
    1. There is no action defined, so it will do nothing
    2. All the fields have the default names that BV is giving.
    3. If you intend to process this form with ABVFP, you need to add the hidden field as per instructions.

Ofcourse, you need to run the ndadmin.php. It is there, in the link i gave you.
    Navaldesign

OMG it worked and I did it all by myself!!! (well all credit for the design goes to Navel - you are awesome man!!) but i installed it and altered it and it worked!!! I am shocked if I can do it ANYONE can do it!!!

Navel you Rock!!!!!

Bitznbats,

Also, please note that your form, in your booking page, has the following problems:
    1. There is no action defined, so it will do nothing
    2. All the fields have the default names that BV is giving.
    3. If you intend to process this form with ABVFP, you need to add the hidden field as per instructions.

Ofcourse, you need to run the ndadmin.php. It is there, in the link i gave you.
    Ok I didn't understand that bit in bold so I don't think I did it but hell it works anyway (was that important???? I get the emails does it matter????)
    www.silver-maple.ca Lakeside camping in beautiful Northern Ontario

You are very welcome bitznbats, thankyou. Please change the extensions in your field names in UPPERCASE f.e. -RA, -RN, with the exception of the email field, which needs to be -Re e lowercase.
    Navaldesign

Thank you NAVAL!!!

Pretty much what I was going to try and do, but you have done such a great job here, I will use this tutorial to create one on the Martech Inc website.

Just one question:

Can this be set up using 2 e-mails?

Still playing with the bi-directional forms so 1 form goes to 2 e-mail accounts. If this form is capable of sending to 2 e-mail accounts please let me know how to set that up. If not I will have to figure a way to handle the forms.

Ram_Industries
    Robert Montgomery
    Ram-Industries@comcast.net

It is possible, though it was not in the original planning. Since it was not scheduled in the original project , it requires a small modification on the code. The second email will be included directly in the code. Please use my form to send me your email address and i will email you a customized version of ABVFP to upload in place of the original one.
    Navaldesign

Wink Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

This is a lengthy process but I will give it a whirl...anything to make the form go...download complete....unzipping.....

Do you suggest that I delete the existing form files in cpanel and start from scratch? or will this Form processor override anything that is already there?

Thanks for the info.

Kristine

"Delete nothing, and overwrite everything" is a simple mantra to keep in mind while webbie successfully!

(FormsPro loaded into cPanel are not overwritten by the use of an Advanced Form as presented here......completely different implementations!)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Quote Originally Posted by KristineSheehan9****.com
    This is a lengthy process but I will give it a whirl...anything to make the form go...download complete....unzipping.....

Do you suggest that I delete the existing form files in cpanel and start from scratch? or will this Form processor override anything that is already there?

Thanks for the info.

Kristine
    Your forms are just fine. You only need to add a hidden filed, as per tutorial, and change the form action. If you need validation for your form fields, then you will need to set correctly the field names. Save and republish your forms after the changes.

Then, once the complete ABVFP package is installed, you will need to run the ndadmin.php once for each form and provide the form details, so it can correctly proccees it.
    Navaldesign

Hi Navaldesign,
    Hope your around at the moment. I tried to follow all your instructions. Iv'e been at this foe 48 hours now.lol. When I click on generate configuration file, all I get is an error message. 404.

Can you help.

Regards

Seems like you have not uploaded the ndadmin1.php file on your site, because i can't find it.
    Please make sure all files are uploaded/published, as per tutorial.
    Navaldesign

When you say uploaded onto my site do you mean using ftp manager and putting the file into my public_html folder?.This i have done.

Yes, i mean upload it with FTP. You might have done it, but it didn't work. Click on http://www.eleganceweddingcarhire.com/ndadmin1.php

you get a 404 page not found error, which means that the file isn't there.
    Navaldesign

I can see the file ndadmin1.php in my public folder. I dont know if this has any effect but my original ip address was 70.86.241.194. it is now 75.126.10.3

I am looking at my public html folder now in ftp manager and it is giving ftp://70.86.241.194/public_html is this correct.

Yes, you have probably FTPed to your old IP address. Please make sure to upload to the same IP address where you published the rest of the pages, and make sure that also the abvfp.php is there also(i can't find it either)
    Navaldesign

Help! I was going to teach myself how to write PHP script, but I am a complete newbie to all this stuff! I already have all my forms completed 19 total and yes, the tab buttons aren't working b/c I found out after the fact , you need to input the info in order. I am trying to download the advanced BV form processor... AAh...stuck??

Ok, now how can we help ?

To adjust the order of the fields, you need to do this(for every form):

Select the field you want to be first in the Tab order, and click on the "Bring In front" icon, then do the same for the second field and so on for all. Save the page and republish. The Tab order will be ok. Make sure, when you test it, to refresh your pages, if your browser is cacheing, you might think it's not working.

As for the rest, you do not mention if your forms work. And, why can't you download ABVFP ? You are not giving us much information on your problems (if any)
    Navaldesign

Thank You! I downloaded the bv form (finally found another link), and I will try to get the tabs to work! Sorry, I am a horrible explainer (obviously). Thanks Again!!

Hi Naval,

I hv a qn for the last portion of yr tutorial.
    After creating a upload folder in public_html. How to set it's permission to 777?

Pls kindly advise, thank you.
    Cheers,
    Eric PSF

PapaEric.com
    A Father's Parenting Diary & More...

You use BlueFTP, connect, rig***lick on the folder, and then select "Properties", when the properties window opens up, set the permissions to 777
    Navaldesign

Cool Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Hi Naval,

The last time you have been a great help with my forms. Now after a few months I have added a new form (yesterday)in my website www.tonsofmatters.com. To be specific it is a form in the home page. There is an error message 404. Tried everything and obviously without much practise I got rusty and need your help.

I also have another problem with my www.tonsofmatters.com/postanarticle.html page. I have some customers who see me files (attachements). When I tried to download them I could not. Did I forget to do something previously.

Thanks Naval, I know I can depend on you.

Tons

1. There seems to be a permissions problem. I need you to send me again your loggin details, i don't have them anymore.

2. If the attachments have blank spaces in the filenames, the links that get to you will be broken. In that case, you need to copy the entire link from the email that gets to you, and copy it in your browser address bar. Or, you can connect with BlueFTP, and download the files directly from the upload directory.
    Navaldesign

Hi Naval,

I still have your email. I will send you my login details via email.

Thanks for your reply.

Tons

Hi Naval,

Just send out my login details.

Let me know if you have received tham.

Thanks
    Tons

Dear Naval,

For the second part. The Attachments. I have copied some of the files that were uploaded to me and it looks like that.

File_Upload04 = http://www.tonsofmatters.com/uploads/S.H.E(2).bmp

File_Upload03 = http://www.tonsofmatters.com/uploads/Handsome.bmp

File_Upload02 = http://www.tonsofmatters.com/uploads/Hins Cheung(2).jpg

File_Upload01 = http://www.tonsofmatters.com/uploads/With keychain.jpg

File_Upload04 = http://www.tonsofmatters.com/uploads/With keychain.jpg

File_Upload03 = http://www.tonsofmatters.com/uploads/Tong En wif cake.jpg

File_Upload02 = http://www.tonsofmatters.com/uploads/Jin Sha.bmp

File_Upload01 = http://www.tonsofmatters.com/uploads/F.I.R(5).jpg

Just some examples that I could not download. Do I need to create an upload html page just to get it downloaded. I am really not sure?

Regards,
    Tons

Well, i can see all of the files (images) except for the last one. So i suppose that the upload DOES work. However, you DO have a permissions issue, i will check it as soon as i can
    Navaldesign

For Tons Of Matters:

reassuming:

1. You had a permissions issue. For some reason, the abvfp.php file permissions were set to 755 instead of the correct 644
    2. Your upload links work just fine. Only the last file has not been uploaded, but i guess it is simply a mistake on your side. All the others are ok, but please note that if the filename contains blank space, the link that gets emailed to you will be broken, so you need to copy the entire link and paste it in your browser address bar.
    3. The index page has some peculiarities: indeed, you were giving as Form URL, http://www.tonsofmatters.com/index.html and you were also giving to the hidden field, the value "index". You have done everything ok, BUT, the script has also some spam protection measures to avoid being used by spammers. So, it performs a check of the http refferer and compares it to URL given in the setup page (ndadmin.php). But, since you are in the index page, the refferer is http://www.tonsofmatters.com/ without the "index.html" at the end. So the script was seeing that refferer and form url were different, and refused to process the form.

Everything fixed for you.
    Navaldesign

Hi Naval,

Thanks for your great help once again. Everything is working great.

Just a few Q.

1. Must the permission of avbfp.php file be always set at 644?

2. In the tutorial, the last part mentioned permissions set to 777, it is for which file (sorry I forgot)

3. How do I download the files sent to me? I am a little lost there.

Thanks a Ton, Naval
    Tons

Hi Naval,

I miss out on your email to me personally. I have since replied.

Just to let you know I am interested about what you have proposed.

We will communicate via email.

Thanks.

Tons

Just a few Q.

No, only the "uploads" folder (or whatever else you have called it) need to be set to 777. the file "abvfp.php" should be in it's original permissions, 644 . However, by default when uploaded, it becomes 644.

2. In the tutorial, the last part mentioned permissions set to 777, it is for which file (sorry I forgot)
    As said above, only for the "uploads" filder.

If they are files that can opened in the browser, f.e. images, you can simply click on the link contained in the email, and the images will simply open in your browser. Your alternative, is to connect with BlueFTP and download them directly from your site on your computer, excactly the same way as you upload files from your computer to your site
    Navaldesign

While I seem to be able to find a lot of threads on the ABVFP, I can't seem to find the actual download for it. Anybody, be able to elaborate a bit. Thanx very much, Davin

Look at post #1 at this very thread
    Navaldesign

Hi guys, I'm still in the process of setting up the ABVFP forms, and everything seems to be going fine so far with one exception. I've gotten to the point where all my forms are created, but for some reason no matter where i look in my download i cannot find the script abvfp.php, to upload to the server. I've looked up, down, and sideways for this file but it doesn't seem to be there. Can you offer any help? Thankyou Davin

Quote Originally Posted by ripperdav
    Hi guys, I'm still in the process of setting up the ABVFP forms, and everything seems to be going fine so far with one exception. I've gotten to the point where all my forms are created, but for some reason no matter where i look in my download i cannot find the script abvfp.php, to upload to the server. I've looked up, down, and sideways for this file but it doesn't seem to be there. Can you offer any help? Thankyou Davin
    Try to download from here . After you receive the zip file, you need to unzip it on your computer, as per tutorial instructions at the start of this very thread. After you unzip it, you will see not only abvfp.php but also all the other files.
    Navaldesign

Hi guys. Well I did redownload and I did find the file I needed ABVFP.php. I uploaded it to the server as per instructions. Now I'm not sure exactlly if I did anything wrong, but as far as I could tell I followed the instructions to the letter. When I was logged in to use the software and fill out the information for the form, when I hit generate it just kept giving me a 404 error, page cannot be found.

When I fill out the form on my site, it keeps coming back with a error, saying "Illegal Form Submission ". I'm just not sure what to do anymore with it, all I know is I need to get it fixed. Is there anyway for somebody to get in there and have a look for me. I'm totallly confused on this now? Not even sure where to back track to, I've tried everything I can think of.

Thanx Davin

Hi guys. Well I did redownload and I did find the file I needed ABVFP.php. I uploaded it to the server as per instructions. Now I'm not sure exactlly if I did anything wrong, but as far as I could tell I followed the instructions to the letter. When I was logged in to use the software and fill out the information for the form, when I hit generate it just kept giving me a 404 error, page cannot be found.

When I fill out the form on my site, it keeps coming back with a error, saying "Illegal Form Submission ". I'm just not sure what to do anymore with it, all I know is I need to get it fixed. Is there anyway for somebody to get in there and have a look for me. I'm totallly confused on this now? Not even sure where to back track to, I've tried everything I can think of.

Thanx Davin

Davin,
    It sounds as if the config file has not been generated....check in your ftp program that all the relevent files have been uploaded and more important, check that the file sizes are correct.

I am sure that george will see this shortly and will sort it out for you.

good luck

It is almost certain that you have not uploaded all the necessary files, or that for some, uknown to me reason, the files have been set to 755 permissions (resulting, in mosy cases, in a Page not found error). If you wish use my form to send me your loggin details and i'll have a look at it.
    Navaldesign

hmmm, oddly enough, your link says the page cannot be found. Unless maybe I'm trying it when your working on your site or something. But yes I would love you to take a look at it, that would be great! Thanx very much. I'll try the link to your form again in the morning. Thanx a lot, as I just don't know where to go with it from here. Cheers Davin

Sorry, i have misstyped the link to my form. It is corrected now, you can use it.
    Navaldesign

Quote Originally Posted by ripperdav
    hmmm, oddly enough, your link says the page cannot be found. Unless maybe I'm trying it when your working on your site or something. But yes I would love you to take a look at it, that would be great! Thanx very much. I'll try the link to your form again in the morning. Thanx a lot, as I just don't know where to go with it from here. Cheers Davin
    Ok, everything fixed. tested your form and it works perfectly. here are the mistakes:

1. Your contact page was "contact-us.html" but in the admin script you had placed "contact_us.html" . The hidden field, which should be "contact-us" also, was set to be "contactus". So there were three different names, so the script could never work.
    2. You had given as thankyou page "thankyou.html" instead of the correct "thankyou_page.html" (that's how you have published your thankyou page).
    3. You had NOT published the ndconfirm.html page as per tutorial.

Also, you had the old version files, i uploaded the new version.

Edited the file on the server, to set the hidden field value in "contact-us"
    Regenerated the config file, to point to the correct thankyou page file.
    Corrected, directly on the server the Name field (it was NameRA instead of the correct Name-RA).

Tested everything, working perfectly.

You will need to edit your form page on your computer (with the above corrections) otherwise, if you publish your form again, you will have the same problems.
    Navaldesign

Just a few Q.

No, only the "uploads" folder (or whatever else you have called it) need to be set to 777. the file "abvfp.php" should be in it's original permissions, 644 . However, by default when uploaded, it becomes 644.

As said above, only for the "uploads" filder.

If they are files that can opened in the browser, f.e. images, you can simply click on the link contained in the email, and the images will simply open in your browser. Your alternative, is to connect with BlueFTP and download them directly from your site on your computer, excactly the same way as you upload files from your computer to your site
    To Naval and evryone using VodaHost and BlueVoda,

Merry Christmas and Have A Great 2007!

From,
    Tons Of Matters.com

Dear Naval,

Need your help once again.

I am experiencing multiple form error messages. I think it is a permission problem again.

Went to the public folder and try to rectify the permission, did not succeed. So here I am. I have a list of files which I have copied which are all my forms in the website:

File Permission
    index.html 666
    index_errorpage.php 755
    index_thankyou.html 644
    - This index file is working well, no problems -

- The rest of the files below are the problems -
    registration.html 666
    registration_errorpage.php 755
    registration_thankyou.html 644

testimonies_postit.html 644
    testimonies_errorpage.php 644
    testimonies_thankyou.html 644

postanarticle.html 644
    postanarticle_errorpage.php 644
    postanarticle_thankyou.html 644

postaquery.html 644
    postaquery_errorpage.php 644
    postaquery_thankyou.html 644

feedbackpostit.html 644
    feedback_errorpage.php 644
    feedback_thankyou.html 644

I only realized this is happening when one of my friend tried to register and post a testimony. The only one that is working is the index.html.

Please help to see if anything is the problem.

Thanks a Ton,
    Tons

Where's the link to download the Processor?

Red face Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Hi guys,

Blue Voda has really impressed me over the months - now I'm getting better, I wanted to set up an uploading form.

I downloaded the avbf, etc. saved the files, published them, etc...... and changed the form for what i wanted. Then I followed the instructions for the formscripter administrator - disaster struck! All I get is a error message 404 file does not exist on this server.
    I went back and repeated step by step - same result. I went back deleted all the admin files from the server and recreated from step 1.

Same result.

Can anyone help? Is it because I use Firefox on XP?

Regards
    Tim

Please provide a link to your form page. Also check that the permissions of ALL files is 644
    Navaldesign

I seem to have solved the issue here, but now have another - illegal form submission error message.

www.betweenassignments.co.uk/contactformbv.html

Quote Originally Posted by Thexton
    I seem to have solved the issue here, but now have another - illegal form submission error message.

www.betweenassignments.co.uk/contactformbv.html
    That's because your form page is called "contactformbv.html" so the hidden field should have the value "contactformbv" but instead you have given it the value "contactform". This way, the script considers the submission illegal. Correct the hidden field value and you will be ok.
    Navaldesign

Hi Naval,

Thanks a million. The devil is always in the detail!
    Tim

HI Naval,

I sent a request form through your site. I had the "shootandedit" email address.

All is good now though, I fixed, so don't worry about a help request through your online from me.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Videoproduceronline.com - Join An Elite Group of Online Businesses Using Professional Direct Response Video That Mesmerizes Website Visitors With A Call To Action.

However i did not receive any submission from you. ???
    Navaldesign

Dear Naval,

Once again you have save my day. Thanks for sorting out the forms for me yet again. Happy New Year!

Cheers!
    Tons

hi Naval,

I had a funny feeling you didn't, because I know you would've responded:)
    No worries, all is good. Thanks for the form processor.

Cheers,

Scott
    Videoproduceronline.com - Join An Elite Group of Online Businesses Using Professional Direct Response Video That Mesmerizes Website Visitors With A Call To Action.

Exclamation Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Where's the link to download the Processor?

MYICE07
    Not matter what happens this day, may you know that God loves you so much.

Look at the very first post in this same thread (page 1).
    Navaldesign

Thanks Naval. I've found the link. The Advanced BlueVoda Form is great.

Cheers!!

Hello!
    I intend to use this form processor, but I have one question. Can I also customize the file contactform.bvp? Use other language, insert or delete some of the text boxes, use my own template .... stuff like that.

Of course, you can use ABVFP with ANY form, built by you. The contactform included in the zip is only for testing and example purposes.
    Navaldesign

Thanks NavalDesign, helpfull as always :). One more question :). Is it possible to use this form processor for a registration form which stores all the information in a specified database previously created by me?

Only the paid for version has this feature. If you are interested, please contact me
    Navaldesign

Question Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Hi Naval,

Thank you the ABVFP, it is brilliant. I want to create a form using the software processor without many of the features of the example form. I believe I have followed the procedure well but when I click submit to send the form; it the browser outputs the following message:"I cannot process the form. This is either an illegal form submission or your browser doesn't support cookies". How can I overcome this, because clear I am doing something wrong.

Cheers.

MYICE07

Your form works great. It is your browser that doesn't support cookies (or they are disabled). ABVFP will NOT process any subission if cookies are disabled, because it will not be able to protect you against spam bot submission. I tested the form, worked great, and i also received the autoresponder message. Enable cookies in your browser and you will be ok.
    Navaldesign

Question Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Hi Naval, Thanks for checking out my contact form which works. I will be very grateful indeed if you can check this form with the following URL:http://www.prayerdeliverance-ministries.com/permission.html

When I press send this is the message I get "I cannot process the form. This is either an illegal form submission or your browser doesn't support cookies". Is it just the cookies or am I doing something fundementally wrong.

Thanks.

MYICE07

This one has a problem. The hidden field is missing, and that's what the processor will deny to process it. Add the hidden field and you will be ok. You must include a hidden fiels, named "ndpage" and value "permission" (same as the page)
    Navaldesign

Thumbs up Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Hi Naval,

I have included the missing field and the Permission Form works. Thanks a million.

MYICE07

Hello, I need major help! I can't download the ABVFP.
    After I download the file and try to unzip it I get an error message saying "invalid archive try to download the file again" . I have downloaded the file at least 3 times, please help!

Delete Temporary files from your computer and try again. The zip is ok, it's a problem on your side.
    Navaldesign

I finally downloaded the ABVFP but, I have one question, I'm not finished building my site so do I have to publish my web pages in order to adjust the forms?Thanks for the assistance.

You can adjust anything you want, but your form will only work when your pages will be online. However, it is worth waiting one day: the new version is being launched today...
    Navaldesign

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information