Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Default Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Download the zip, unzip it, and read the Word tutorial that is included in the zip.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Thanks, I have it installed and configured. Now, When I go to test the form, I get :

cannot find page http//www.youronlinecreditcoach.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp

And, how come the form required fields are not required when I press submit?

http//www.youronlinecreditcoach.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp can NOT be coorect. You have the ".php" missing in the form action.

ABVFP can only check field after the submission. If the script is not found because of this mistake, it is not even called in action, so it doesn't even get to the point of verifying your fieds.
    Navaldesign
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Exclamation Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

I didn't type it right. The .php IS on the end in the action but it still says page cannot be found Http error 404.
    Also my thankyou_page isn' t coming up.

Got my form working OK, but little problem with data I get back after someone completes form. After filling in the "address box" in the middle of the form, you cannot "tab key" down to the next field box in the form. The tab key takes the highlight to the browser url. It looks like the address is the last data item that is processed and is at the bottom of the data that arrives in the email.
    How do I re-arrange the data that arrives via email from the form processor. I don't know much SLQ but I suspect I have to change something in the data base table. The form itself is fine and layed out the way I would like to receive the information when filled out, but I receive the info all mixed up.?
    Any thoughts???? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by horus
    I didn't type it right. The .php IS on the end in the action but it still says page cannot be found Http error 404.
    Also my thankyou_page isn' t coming up.
    Please provide link to the form. Also the link to your thankyou_page
    Navaldesign

Quote Originally Posted by briansimons
    Got my form working OK, but little problem with data I get back after someone completes form. After filling in the "address box" in the middle of the form, you cannot "tab key" down to the next field box in the form. The tab key takes the highlight to the browser url. It looks like the address is the last data item that is processed and is at the bottom of the data that arrives in the email.
    How do I re-arrange the data that arrives via email from the form processor. I don't know much SLQ but I suspect I have to change something in the data base table. The form itself is fine and layed out the way I would like to receive the information when filled out, but I receive the info all mixed up.?
    Any thoughts???? Thanks
    The tab order has nothing to do with ABVFP or the database. It depends on the order in which the form fields have been creted, and you can modify it (set the correct order) this way:
    right click on the field you want first, and select "Move to Front".
    repeat for all the fields, in the order you want the, save your page and republish it. remember to refresh your browser before testing the form again.
    Navaldesign

Thanks NavalDesign, everything works beautifully, now....I am so happy and grateful. Brian

Exclamation Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

I Naval

Maria again.
    I'm back to the form problems but I think I know what's happening.
    When I installed ABVFP i still hadn't create an email account so I inserted one from another server _____@eventos-design.com. It seems that it doesn't accept emails from Voda so I dicovered today that I have 36 messages in my webmail all with error messages like

A message that you sent contained no recipient addresses, and therefore no
    delivery could be attempted.

------ This is a copy of your message, including all the headers. ------

To:
    Subject:
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
    boundary="==Multipart_Boundary_x62940f34cdeff63938 85d58624979a93x"
    Message-Id: <E1Hmjvn-0002lZ-Ta@voda15.vodahost.com>
    Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 00:14:11 -0500

or

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

maria.joao@eventos-design.com
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<maria.joao@eventos-design.com>:
    host eventos-design.com [64.15.136.210]: 550-Verification failed for <byqkutwr@voda15.vodahost.com>
    550-unrouteable mail domain "voda15.vodahost.com"
    550 Sender verify failed

So I think I should change my settings but I don't know how to do this

Do you think it would be better to uninstall and star al over again

Thank you
    Maria

Quote Originally Posted by horus
    Probably you have the wrong URL in the ABVFP CP for the thankyou_page.

Check it.
    Navaldesign

Quote Originally Posted by docedesign
    I Naval

Maria again.
    I'm back to the form problems but I think I know what's happening.
    When I installed ABVFP i still hadn't create an email account so I inserted one from another server _____@eventos-design.com. It seems that it doesn't accept emails from Voda so I dicovered today that I have 36 messages in my webmail all with error messages like

A message that you sent contained no recipient addresses, and therefore no
    delivery could be attempted.

------ This is a copy of your message, including all the headers. ------

To:
    Subject:
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
    boundary="==Multipart_Boundary_x62940f34cdeff63938 85d58624979a93x"
    Message-Id: <E1Hmjvn-0002lZ-Ta@voda15.vodahost.com>
    Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 00:14:11 -0500

or

SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<maria.joao@eventos-design.com>:
    host eventos-design.com [64.15.136.210]: 550-Verification failed for <byqkutwr@voda15.vodahost.com>
    550 Sender verify failed

So I think I should change my settings but I don't know how to do this

Do you think it would be better to uninstall and star al over again

Thank you
    Maria
    No, just type www.yoursite.com/ABVFP in your browser, login with ABVFP's username and password, select "Modify existing form, select the form from the dropdown, and click on Step 2. Edit the email address and click on "Memorize settings", you are done
    Navaldesign

Hi Naval,

My forms work well now but I have the same problem with emails

Clients don't receive the email and when it comes back I receive that same message

550 Sender verify failed

Is there any way to fix this? Please

Thank you
    Maria

Please provide a link to the form(s) creating the problem so i can have a look myself.
    Navaldesign

Hi Naval,

The links are

www.doce-design.com/iworkshops.html
    .../iworkshops_ing.html
    .../iworkshops_sp.html
    .../encomenda.html
    .../encomenda_ing.html
    .../encomenda_sp.html

Thank you
    Maria

pS: I received your testing messages

MAria

I have another question related with forms but this time in Soholaunch

I have a contact form but when I fil it in it gives me this message
    "This request to submit this form needs to be made by shop.doce-design.com. Please contact the webmaster if this is an error."

Can you help me with this too, please?
    Maria

This is the autoresponder message i received from http://www.doce-design.com/iworkshops.html:

Obrigado pela sua inscri&#231;&#227;o.
    Segue uma c&#243;pia dos dados que submeteu.
    Por favor, guarde este email.
    nome = Navaldesign
    morada = Testing
    Email = info@????design.it
    tmovel = 12345
    outros_contactos = 12345
    quais_partic =
    almoco = Sim
    criancas = Sim
    transporte = Sim
    acompanhantes = Sim
    activ_aloj = Sim
    pagamentos = Paypal (op&#231;&#227;o de pagamento a cr&#233;dito ou d&#233;bito)

Ap&#243;s o processamento da sua inscri&#231;&#227;o ir&#225; receber um email com todas as informa&#231;&#245;es necess&#225;rias para a finaliza&#231;&#227;o da sua inscri&#231;&#227;o, tal como dados para pagamento, c&#243;digos de desconto, etc. Seremos o mais breves poss&#237;vel na resposta.
    Obrigado
    Maria Jo&#227;o Oliveira
    (coordenadora de Eventos)
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Time of submission : Saturday 19th May 2007, 2:47 PM
    -----------------------------------------------------------

So the script works ok. Check you email account.
    Navaldesign

Quote Originally Posted by docedesign
    I have another question related with forms but this time in Soholaunch

I have a contact form but when I fil it in it gives me this message
    "This request to submit this form needs to be made by shop.doce-design.com. Please contact the webmaster if this is an error."

Can you help me with this too, please?
    Maria
    I beleive that Karen will be able to help you, i have no Soho experience. Post in the Soho forum.
    Navaldesign

THank you Naval, That's the email peolple should receive so the problem must be with my emails, I don't know.

Thank you anyway.
    Maria

Talking Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Thanks Naval for the great help! My form is working wonderfully now. Now I'd like to know how I can specify what table to submit my form data to. Or does the program automatically know where to place the info?

The script automatically creates a table called "Form_Nr_x" where x = the form ID number.
    Navaldesign

Ive read the whole thread and didnt found a solution
    Warning: mail(): Could not execute mail delivery program '/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i ' in /home/www/mysite.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php on line 633

Warning: mail(): Could not execute mail delivery program '/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i ' in /home/www/mysite.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php on line 633

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/mysite.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php:633) in /home/www/mysite.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php on line 668

Actually now is work fine, everything is in the database, just i cant figure it out how come i dont recieve a mail. Its all about a subscribe form for a newsletter.

Question Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

How do I change the email address that the form comes from? I thought I put my webmaster address in but the forms shows it coming from my personal email address. This works great and will prevent us from recieving forms with hundreds of email addresses and nasty websites. Thanks again!!

ABVFP will include the FIRST of your email addresses in the autoresponder. Just change it and you will have as "from" email address whatever you place first.
    Navaldesign

Quote Originally Posted by trifor
    Actually now is work fine, everything is in the database, just i cant figure it out how come i dont recieve a mail. Its all about a subscribe form for a newsletter.
    Please provde a link to the form page. Make sure the email field is named "Email-e" or "Email-Re".
    Navaldesign

What is the actual download link. Everytime I click on the link that says "Advanced Blue Voda Form Processor" I get more instructions about where to find it. I never get the actual download link.
    No matter how fast you are going, there is always someone trying to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhame View Post
    What is the actual download link. Everytime I click on the link that says "Advanced Blue Voda Form Processor" I get more instructions about where to find it. I never get the actual download link.
    It is http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/free_abvfp.php

You can find it also in the very first post of this thread.
    Navaldesign

Got it. Thanks!
    No matter how fast you are going, there is always someone trying to pass.

Hi there!

Yesterday I downloaded the Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor, what a wonderful tool, thank you!

However, I seem to be missing the two php files, abvfp.php and ndadmin1.php.

I have six bvp files: ndadmin, ndconfirm, ndadminhelp, errorpage, thankyou_page and contactform. I also have three "Broderbund Easy Prints Type" files, named abvfp, ndadmin1 and errorpage. My PrintMaster program tries to open those, but then says "Unable to read file. File type not supported."

Any suggestions? Am I missing something that's right under my nose?

Thank you!

Sandy
    www.creationspraise.com
    www.secretsoforganizedpeople.com
    www.huntresscustom.com

The one who dies with the most toys wins . . . . . . . . nothing! (Matthew 16:26)

Please let me know where did you download this from, as it seems to be the old version 1. The new version, v2.0 can be downloaded from www.dbtechnosystems.com/free_abvfp.php . I would be gratefull if you can let me know where you downloaded the old version from, so i can change it.
    Navaldesign

Ummmm . . . I'm sorry, I'm not really sure. As soon as I figure this stuff out, I almost just as quickly forget it, lol. I think it was somewhere on this thread or the other similar thread. I do know the file is named BVFORMS.

I'll check out the version 2.0, thanks!
    www.creationspraise.com
    www.secretsoforganizedpeople.com
    www.huntresscustom.com

The one who dies with the most toys wins . . . . . . . . nothing! (Matthew 16:26)

I downloaded the forms and followed the instructions, everything went well until i tried to install it. I did everything the instructions said but it will not install. I keep getting a check user details error. I don't know what else to do.

Click on the yellow ? beside the database details section, to get help.
    Navaldesign

I did that and I even copied the information from the instructions and pasted it in the form... please bear with me I am a novice at this ... when it says yourname am I supposed to enter my information everytime I see this??

Please clarify what you mean.
    Navaldesign

Hello,

I am a new user to blue voda and i just downloaded the abvfp. I managed to install and test the example form and everything works fine. However, i cannot really figure how to build my own form useing abvfp. I have watched the tutorials regarding bluevoda forms but i cannot see how this can be integrated with abvfp..
    I would be grateful for some starting guidelines and hints.
    Regards,

George K.

Γεια σου Γιωργο,

The form is built as any other BV form. There are however, the following particular points:

1. For field validation, you need to add extensions to your field names.

2. The form action must be set to be " http://www.yourdomain.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php "

3. You need to setup your form, so that ABVFP can proccess it.

All three issues are step by step explained in the tutorial included in the zip you have downloaded.

Εαν χρειαζεσαι οτιδηποτε αλλο, επικοινωνησε μαζι μου μεσω της φορμας μου.

Γιωργος (συνονοματος)
    Navaldesign

im back...

i keep getting a "('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());" every time i try to create my database. I have tried to repair it, I removed it and tried again and again and i always get this error. When i try to install the forms I keep getting a "Could not connect to the Database Server. Please check user details !" message. I have followed the instructions to the letter several times and each time I get the same results. What am I doing wrong???

You are either mistaking the database details (in ABVFP, in the installation wizard, click on the yellow ? to open up the help window with instructions), or, you might have NOT added the user to the list of allowed users for the specific database.
    Navaldesign

OK, Let me get this straight! I have went with Blue Voda all the way, site builders soft ware, domain name, the hole thing. Now the form builder that comes with the soft ware does not work well, which I have found out. My form will not work. So now I read that the advance vs. will do the trick. BUT!!! I have to pay more for it?

No, ABVFP is free. The installation service is charged for, IF you ask for it, but it is really easy so i beleive that you can make it your self. In the zip there are step by step instrucions in a Word Tutorial.

Please note that the form builder in Bv works fine, i use it for all my forms, it is the processing part that is much better with ABVFP.
    Navaldesign

what do you mean by mistaking the database details? I followed the instructions to the letter... (several times) and every time I keep getting the same error messages.. I have deleted the file and started over, uploaded all the files to make sure I had all the files, created the database as instructed, made sure all the file permissions are set to 644... I've opened the help window several times and followed the instructions to the letter and I still get the same error messages, very frustrating. everything went well until this.

Did you ADD the user you created in the ABVFP database ?
    Navaldesign

Quick question on an ABVFP Form:
    http://holtsports.org/registration.html

While testing input to the page, I'm getting the generic error page (which I haven't touched yet) with an error, but no description of what the error is... The <php echo$error; ?> appears alive and well in the code, but real-time in the browser I'm not seeing any text in the text box to know what error my input generated.

Also, phone number fields are classified as N fields -- if someone enters () or - what happens? Thanks!

Hi, i cant get the abvfp file to download, it keeps on giving me an error.
    Please help

What error does it give you ?
    Navaldesign

Hi naval,
    It only downloaded some part of the file, and then gave me a archive error, however i closed everything on my pc and just opened the page i needed to download from, with patience it worked this time.
    Thanks for all your advice and help.
    Sorted now... now for trying to build the form.

Hi, I put a contact form on my site, but when I tried to use it to see if it worked, when I clicked submit, this is the what I got

Warning
    : require(dbts_ABVFP_config.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/uxwhhudc/public_html/dbts_abvfp.php on line 20

Any ideas? it would be greatly appreciated

It seems that you have uploaded the files but you have NOT installed the script. In the zip you have downloaded, there is a step by step tutorial in Word format, explaining how to install and use the script.
    Navaldesign

Hi Naval, I appreciate the post, I installed it before and I installed it again, but I am still encountering the same problem, I don't know if I am doing something wrong when I am installing it or if its something else. If you have any other suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks

Hey Naval nvm the last post. Actually I got the answer I needed from suezbob post about him having the same problem. The answer you gave him worked great for me. I greatly appreciate it, its a big load off my chest now that I got that working.
    Thanks

Default Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor (new thread)

I cannot seem to install the advanced bluevoda processor. I also gave a donation to see if that would help...a little bit stupid, but I have tried everything, www.electroplatehomekit.com.
    I also battle to start with my second website. I have parked my new website domain through the cpanel. Where will I open a new folder for my new website, because everytime it I tipe in index it says if do I need to delete or change the original index.
    I think I am actually at the wrong forum with my second question...but please help...

In the ABVFP zip that you have downloaded, there is a full, step by step tutorial on the installation and usage of the script. If you follow the instructions to the letter, you will be ok. If not, contact me to the same address you did before and i will see what i can do.

Second website: first of all, if you have a minimum of experience with your PC, you should know how to create a new folder inside your BV folder, any way, it is easy: In BV, click File, > Open, then when the open window shows up, RIGHT click anywhere on the white space of the Open file window, and from the right click menu select "New > Folder and then give it the name you want (usually the same name as your second domain). Then save your page in there.

In your site, UNPARK your second domain, and then add it as ADDON. During this procedure, a new folder will be automatically created in your public_html, named after your second domain name. Let's suppose that it is called seconddomain. You need to publish the pages related to this new domain, in public_html/seconddomain
    Navaldesign

So I must register with winzip, before I can use ABVFP? It says ~sorry my free days has expire and I must register first....

Winzip continues to work even after trial expiration....
    Navaldesign

Naval,
    I have downloaded ABVFP for one of my websites and it works great. My question is do I have to download another ABVFP for each different website?
    AngieE

www.willowwindgifts.com. Name Meaning Personalized Gifts. Original Photographs and Poetry on Bookmarks and Framed.

You don't need to re-download. However, if these are different account, you need to re-install ABVFP on the new site.
    If the new site is an addon, please proceed as follows:
    1. let's say that the addon domain folder is called addonfolder. Create a folder inside it, called ABVFP. Copy the file dbts_config.php from the first site down to your computer, and then again in your new site folder (That is, from public_html/ABVFP to your computer, than back to public_html/addonfolder/ABVFP Then, upload in the same destination, also the file dbts_abvfp.php directly from the ABVFP files that you have in your computer, into the public_html/addonfolder/ABVFP folder. At this point ABVFP will work also with the addon.
    Navaldesign

Navel design, ? for you. If I build a login form to allow my customers to login to certain pages on my site, along with a error and thank you page and then set the properties to build a database. Will it block uses that are not logged in and will it pop up for customers to loggin when they click on that page? Or do I have to do something else?

No, this will only create and populate tha database. To protect the pages and create a real login you need a login script. Have a look at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/logginexamples.php
    Navaldesign

Thanks Navel will go check it out

one more quick ? Is paypal the only way customers will be able to pay or can it be intergrated to use payquake

?? you mean for a subscription site ?

I have never made an application with payquake. I believe that it should not be difficult, but i cannot say till i test it.
    Navaldesign

Oh, and one more thing. The loggin script is what I will need. But will I still have to build the error pages, thank you and other pages. I wont really need these anyways unless its required.

well the site will have about 6-8 pages that will need to be loggin protected. my idea is to require my customers to subsribe to this service to veiw these pages and pay using a standard gateway. Paypal will be OK, but not all customers will use paypal. And ill be selling products that will also need this kind of payment option as well.

The login script comes complete with all necessary pages. The shopping cart is a separate module (if you need one). Different payment gateways can be added with additional cost. However, this is not a forum issue, if you need further info please contact me privately through my form.
    Navaldesign

i am having a problem setting up the form get get input data please tell me what i can do

Please read the Forms tutorial, there are step by step instructions.
    Navaldesign

I've gotten most of the way in creating the form – but my html code (I’m a nearly complete novice at all of this, btw) does not match that described in the tutorial for naming the thank you page at http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/for...html#post51424

The php section of mine reads:
    <form name="reply form" method="POST" action="action.php" enctype="multipart/form-data" id="Form1" onsubmit="return ValidateForm1(this)">
    <div id="bv_Text3" style="position:absolute;left:0px;top:120px;width: 48px;height:25px;z-index:0" align="left">
    <font style="font-size:16px" color="#000000" face="Papyrus">First</font></div>
    <input type="text" id="Editbox1" style="position:absolute;left:48px;top:120px;width :144px;font-family:Courier;font-size:19px;z-index:1" size="16" name="first" value="">
    <input type="text" id="Editbox2" style="position:absolute;left:248px;top:120px;widt h:189px;font-family:Courier;font-size:19px;z-index:2" size="21" name="last" value="">

Looking forward to tips to finish the php portion of the form.

On a separate matter – if this is seen by BV staff -- in the directions for menu making, the tutorial I saw does not point or say "insert split", to create sub headings, but that’s how I discovered they’re made.

Loving blue voda otherwise

Brian

erwrssd Guest

Hi Naval,

I've created a form using ABVFP. Really love it.

But can I check, I've created the same a opt-in form to appear on every page of my site. Do I need to create different form id for every page or can I use the same id?

My link is http://www.mytoothcaretips.com/index3.html.

Many thanks

You can use the same id, but, in that case, you should disable the referer check in ABVFP. If you do so, however, you will be exposed to spammers.

Easy solution: use different id numbers, and setup each form using the "Set up a new form from existing one" . This way, you will only neeed to change the page URL, all the rest is the same, and the setup will only take 10 seconds per form
    Navaldesign

erwrssd Guest

thanks naval,

followed your advise and game indiv form a new formid.

However, when I test the forms, besides getting the confirmation email by ABVFP on the subscription I also get an email confirmation that I used to send out (which I do not want anymore). Where can I go to delete this?

What I mean is Another email will come in right after the auto email confirmation by ABVFP.

Pls help

You probably had, in your thank you page, some php code that was sending you the emails before ABVFP. Open your thank you pagein BV, and View > Page HTML . Look at the various tags (Start of Page, or Inside Body etc) to see if you havesome php code in there, and simply delete it. Then save and republish the page again.
    Navaldesign

Quote Originally Posted by brianinportland View Post
    I've gotten most of the way in creating the form – but my html code (I’m a nearly complete novice at all of this, btw) does not match that described in the tutorial for naming the thank you page at http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/for...html#post51424

The php section of mine reads:
    <form name="reply form" method="POST" action="action.php" enctype="multipart/form-data" id="Form1" onsubmit="return ValidateForm1(this)">
    <div id="bv_Text3" style="position:absolute;left:0px;top:120px;width: 48px;height:25px;z-index:0" align="left">
    <font style="font-size:16px" color="#000000" face="Papyrus">First</font></div>
    <input type="text" id="Editbox1" style="position:absolute;left:48px;top:120px;width :144px;font-family:Courier;font-size:19px;z-index:1" size="16" name="first" value="">
    <input type="text" id="Editbox2" style="position:absolute;left:248px;top:120px;widt h:189px;font-family:Courier;font-size:19px;z-index:2" size="21" name="last" value="">

Looking forward to tips to finish the php portion of the form.

On a separate matter – if this is seen by BV staff -- in the directions for menu making, the tutorial I saw does not point or say "insert split", to create sub headings, but that’s how I discovered they’re made.

Loving blue voda otherwise

Brian
    This is not the php code, this is the form html code.
    Please note that the php code does not go in the form page, but in the action (thank you) page. Please scroll down the Forms tutorial, under the video presentation, and you will find step by step instructions with images to explain where and how you should copy /paste the code.
    Navaldesign

Smile Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

I am wanting to create a database similar to the one on this website http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/hom...chtrailers.asp. I want my customers and dealers to be able to update and add their inventory by logging in and updating it themselves. Can someone give me some suggestions on how to do this?

What is the difference between FormPro and ABFP? you can do the same thing no matter which program you use?

Naval. I have Aweber on one of my other sites. Should I use BV autoresponder on my BV site? and can I load it my self, I am not a html person. thanks for your help. Dave

The CP autoresponder is a simple autoresponder for the recieved mails. Aweber is an entire follow up software. No comparison can be done.
    if it is enough for you, you can set it easily through your CP
    Navaldesign

Thanks Naval. Ok, after your message I want to install Aweber. I have everything done except adding the html. they say to copy paste the html into my Html Page? I can seem to do that. how does that work. Dave

They provide a piece of html code that is responsible for creating the signup form in your pages.
    Copy this code (highlight it, then right click, Copy)

Drag a html box in your page. Double click it, and when the window opens, paste the code in it (right click, Paste)

Now Preview the page. Look how the form looks like. Then, when you have seen how it looks like, go back in BV. Make the HTML box, approx the same size as the form that you just previewd. Place it anywhere you like in your page. This will help you with the page layout. Save your page and publish it in it's final form.
    Navaldesign

I am not sure what you mean about drag a html box in your page? where do I get this html box? I thought I opened my Page Html and pasted Aweber into that Html?

No, it needs to be placed in a html box. Otherwise you will not be able to correctly position the form in your page. In BV, in the left hand toolbar, on the top, the first icon will show "HTML" when moused over. Click (or drag, depends on your settings) to get one in your page, double click it and paste the code in there. Then move the entire html box in the position where you want the form to appear.
    Navaldesign

Ok, I have done part of what you say. I am not sure about moving the entire html box in the position where I want the form to appear? thanks,

Excactly as it says: move the html box wherever in your page you want the Aweber form to appear. Move it just as you would move any other BV element.
    Navaldesign

I have follow the instrucctions to install ABVFP (I change permission to 644) and this is the mess i get:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /ABVFP/dbts_install.php on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Server at www.housesitmexico.com Port 80

Please check again your permissions, it is almost certain that this is your problem
    Navaldesign

Talking Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Have read tutorial on installing ABVFP. Can I and how do I install it if my site isn't published yet please? Very green at this.

Cheers

You simply can't. ALL form processing scripts only work online (that is, after the site is published).
    Navaldesign

My permissions are 644 and it wont go thru, another idea of what can be wrong?

trying to download form pro - it's asking for a user and pass - I've tried my voda host and cpanel users and pass' - neither work

The folder where FMP is located, is password protected. Submit a support ticket and ask for the login details.

Please post FMP issues in the appropriate forum (FMP) and not in the Advanced Blue Voda Form Processor forum.
    Navaldesign

erwrssd Guest

Hi Naval,

Sorry but I have a question to ask. I have downloaded the following file to my public_html file under ascii. It is actually a autoresponder software. But when I execute it at http://www.mytoothcaretips.com/cgi-b...sponder/ar.cgi I get a 500 Internal Error.

No one seems to be able to help, even BV help support. Can u pls help. It's driving me crazy. I attach my autoresponder file for yr ref.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

thanking you in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Seems like you have solved your issue.
    Navaldesign

Quote Originally Posted by erwrssd View Post
    Hi Naval,

Sorry but I have a question to ask. I have downloaded the following file to my public_html file under ascii. It is actually a autoresponder software. But when I execute it at http://www.mytoothcaretips.com/cgi-b...sponder/ar.cgi I get a 500 Internal Error.

No one seems to be able to help, even BV help support. Can u pls help. It's driving me crazy. I attach my autoresponder file for yr ref.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

thanking you in advance
    Autoresponder in our public_html? Do we need to do this in order to set up a lead capture page?
    Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
    Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html

erwrssd Guest

Hi Naval,

I got the 500 error solved but now I'm getting another error and BV support cannot help me while the software developer insists it's host problem.

When I go to http://www.mytoothcaretips.com/cgi-b...sponder/ar.cgi my admin panel will appear. I will then key-in the password (in this test case, it's password).

Another page will appear where I'm suppose to key in the nickname. When I key-in the nickname and press enter, I get an error msg.

When BV did the same thing, they are able to do it. They created a nickname - test for me. They informed me that I have to press the "Add Account Button" that appear below the nickname box. But the icon do not appear on my side.

What is wrong?

Pls help.

I cannot get this thing to work the problem is in setting the in formation up in the form installation page

What do they mean by the user name for ABVEP?

What is the password for ABVP?
    I am okay on the site name

For the e-mail is this my personal e-mail that the information from the form is sent to?

For database hose do I leave it "localhost"?

Data base name what do they mean by CPusename_ABVFP?

Database Username what dothey mean by CPusename_user

AND the pass word?

I have tried and tried to get this thing to work but all I get is an incorrect field error page.

we are using a for service with no problems but would like to try this

Jerry 52,

user name and password for ABVFP are whatever you wish them to be. These are your own credentials to login to ABVFP in teh future. Just as you did with this forum, when you signed up: you entered your own user name and password.
    Email address: the administrators' (you) email. ABVFP will use this to mail you potential error messages. The email address where the mails of the form info will be sent, are defined later, when you setup each form, and can be (if you like) more than one and even different for each form.
    DB host: localhost if you are a VH customer. Other hosters might have something different.
    Database name: CPusename_ABVFP . This means that if you have created a database called ABVFP and your username is abcdefgh theh the database name is abcdefgh_ABVFP . CP username MUST be your own Control Panel username.
    The same for DB user: if you have created a user for the ABVFP database, and you have called this user jerry, the actual user is abcdefg_jerry.
    Password: whatever you have named your password when you created the database.

Jerry, seems to me that you have not bothered to read the tutorial that came with the zip. Please take 10 minutes to read it, it is all explained there.
    Not only, but, if you click on the yellow "?" that appear beside the installation wizard fields, you will get a popup with the online help on the specific topic.
    Navaldesign

I'm stuck, my brain is fried, and now I'm begging for a solution. I read the ABVFP tutorial many times. I believe that I did everything correctly. However, I'm getting the illegal form submission error. Please advise.

The form URL is www.gotoprintonline.com/submitjob.html....

I appreciate any advice.

I went to the form Url, filled up the form got a thank you page and an email in my inbox with the info that i submitted so it looks to me that it works very well

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information