Thread: We are up, for kids

Talking We are up, for kids

Please let me know if anything needs to be changed, e-mail is NOT up yet. If you have any children like would like to write in the book please e-mail me at : siti@bellsouth.net
    I want to send this to the whole world.

Thanks,

Sharon
    Sharon Chajin

Default Re: We are up, for kids

Linky link? :)

The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Bethers is offline Major General & Forum Moderator

OK, I don't get it - every single page I clicked on - I just got Google ads.

Am I supposed to see a story somewhere? And if I came to the home page by searching for writing a story- I still wouldn't know what the site was about. And, by the way, it appeared that the same ads are showing on every page.

Maybe it's me, but the site wouldn't keep me as an adult - and I can't imagine it keeping a child? Am I missing something?

Im getting yahoo ads..

OK, I don't know what is going on this time, if I click it goes right to it.
    www.theeverlastingstory.com

Please try it know.

Thank you
    Sharon Chajin

Quote Originally Posted by SChajin
    Please let me know if anything needs to be changed, e-mail is NOT up yet. If you have any children like would like to write in the book please e-mail me at : siti@bellsouth.net
    I want to send this to the whole world.

Thanks,

Sharon
    www.theeverlastingstory.com
    Sharon Chajin

This is what I get when I click on your link:

You cant see it very well, but at the bottom of the pic there is a link that reads "Why am I seeing this web site?"

huh? works for me. ok site not that good. could use some work. make the "story" and img. dont just add text to an img. use adobe photoshop wrap text effect
    Clan FFA-Halo 2 MLG, Machinima, and Glitch Clan
    http://www.ffaproam.com/

Darklight, That is what I was getting also for a while. Then Bam it went back, I don't have a clue why it is doing that.

For Clanffa....it is for kids.....
    Sharon Chajin

Darklight, That is what I was getting also for a while. Then Bam it went back, I don't have a clue why it is doing that.

I like it
    Sharon Chajin

Sharon,
    I'm still getting the page shown above - which is what whois shows - usually with websites for sale, etc. So I don't know what's wrong. And I don't know if this has anything to do with it:

Name Servers:
    dns3.name-services.com
    dns4.name-services.com
    dns5.name-services.com
    ns7.vodahost.com
    ns8.vodahost.com

I don't know why the other name servers are there or if then should be? But under nameservers for mine is ONLY the voda info.

Quote Originally Posted by clanffa
    huh? works for me. ok site not that good. could use some work. make the "story" and img. dont just add text to an img. use adobe photoshop wrap text effect
    clanffa after looking at your site it doesn't look good and your site needs a major overhaul.

sharon site looks good, all links works for me.

I really want to see this site now lol. It was doing this last time you linked us to it.

Thank you Jim, again it is for kids...nothing fancy.
    Darklight, I wish you could see it, I just don't why you can't. This has happened before and then suddenly it just started working. Crazy huh!
    Sharon Chajin

I have cleared the cookies and Internet files just to see if it was that, but nothing. I will keep trying though. Its something that you should really try and get to the bottom of, because if me and Bethers are seeing ads all the time, then you dont really know how many other people are getting the same. Ill really hope it gets sorted (What ever is going on!!) and I will let you know when I can see it!
    Im sure its fab ;)

Regards
    Teri

oh i know it's for kids, i showed my sons the 12 yr old like it. got your email address for him.

I like the entrance page, yes, I can see it.
    I think it will be a big hit for the kids.

I would make the title (The Ever Lasting Story) stand out more though.

If you would like, I could make something for you that would stand out more. If you have the original without the wording on it.
    Also, I have an idea about the wording of Journey to the the land of Mystic Falls.

Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by darklight
    This is what I get when I click on your link:

You cant see it very well, but at the bottom of the pic there is a link that reads "Why am I seeing this web site?"
    The name servers are set wrong, the above is our holding page.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Thats awesome I got to a page where there is a book... SChain may I use your book idea for my site...

Sharon

Everything is looking wonderful to me ........... no visible kinks!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Thanks to all who could see it, I think it will be fun for kids.
    Sadain, please feel free to take what ever you want. If you need me to e-mail the book to you I would be happy to do so.
    Dear Bird, I lost everything when the computer crashed, but Rob did the front page for me, maybe he still has it. I will accept any and all efforts from you, I love your stuff. Maybe we could make this a BV community effort, some how set it up to let whom ever wants to add to it. Just a thought.
    Sharon Chajin

Sharon,I suggest making the whole picture a link as it took me a bit to find the itty bitty enter. Next, how do i submit a story? or a chapter? If this is for kids, that better be front and center cuz they will never figure out to contact you. They have an even smaller attention span than I do! Next, what do they get for doing it? I dont see any BENEFITS from doing it, or what the end result will be. Are you going to sell it? etc etc. A great Idea, needs some polish.Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

I still am getting the wrong page - and I posted where and how the nameservers are wrong above. You have EXTRA nameservers in there - therefore some people will get lucky and get your site - some like me will not.

Thanks to all who could see it, I think it will be fun for kids.
    Sadain, please feel free to take what ever you want. If you need me to e-mail the book to you I would be happy to do so.
    Dear Bird, I lost everything when the computer crashed, but Rob did the front page for me, maybe he still has it. I will accept any and all efforts from you, I love your stuff. Maybe we could make this a BV community effort, some how set it up to let whom ever wants to add to it. Just a thought.
    Sharon, I thought maybe you had done the image, so in this case, if someone else has made it, I cannot alter this image without their permission. Now, if he didn't mind, and have the original (without wording), I could add the wording. Rob? He did a beuatiful job on the image. I'm not much here, is he a member, excuse me for not knowing everyones names...lol It's up to you to ask Rob, I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings.

I see I have a lot of work to do, I would love to set it up that the kids could just write in the book. I'm afraid of what some would do until I caught it, so for now they must send an e-mail and I will put it in for them . What they get is a CD, they pay for shipping. I hope it will go worldwide and be exciting, after we get it going I will set up a forum for the authors (kids) to communicate with each other and get different ideas for the book. Who knows maybe we can get Oprah to look at it and I will advertise it in our local newspaper. Again, I will listen to ALL of your ideas, but first I have to get it where everyone can see it... This is an add on, maybe I will just give it its own hosting if it looks like it will go.

Dear Bird,

I will ask Roy, if he sees this is it OK with you? Do you still have the art?

Thanks to all.
    Sharon Chajin

I see I have a lot of work to do, I would love to set it up that the kids could just write in the book. I'm afraid of what some would do until I caught it, so for now they must send an e-mail and I will put it in for them . What they get is a CD, they pay for shipping. I hope it will go worldwide and be exciting, after we get it going I will set up a forum for the authors (kids) to communicate with each other and get different ideas for the book. Who knows maybe we can get Oprah to look at it and I will advertise it in our local newspaper. Again, I will listen to ALL of your ideas, but first I have to get it where everyone can see it... This is an add on, maybe I will just give it its own hosting if it looks like it will go.

Dear Bird,

I will ask Roy, if he sees this is it OK with you? Do you still have the art?

Thanks to all.
    Dear Sharon,

You have something going here, that could be big, a huge explosion for the little ones.....little majestic authors, little voyagers around the world.
    If you play your cards right, your little one could be the next Harry Potter. Make sure you have a copyright on this title...

If Roy is OK about it....Then I will put the words on, and also his watermark, he is the one that did the image, he should get the credit. But! If this turns out huge!! Not only Roy, think about me when the money starts pouring in....lol

On the book page, I see you have a white background, your book image has a white boarder on it, I also think if you make it transparent, you could have the purple stars in the background like your memories of angels website, then you could have a dark background.

Your site is gone now...?

I have made a sample for you see how it would look with the stars. I don't have your book. This one needs a tassle or something. I put a pedestal on too.

you can see it here... http://www.fromtheheartofangels.com/...tingstory.html

Dear Bird,

I think I will spring and get it's own hosting site, now it is an add on. Maybe that is why we are having problems. As far as copyright, we do have a lawyer for patents and such, I did tell him about it several months ago and we discussed the method of operation as well, he was going to look into it...I will check tomorrow.

Really glad you like it, again I think it will be fun to hopefuly watch it grow. I like your ideas and maybe we could name the authors page for the girls.....Faries and the boys.....warriors.

I just got memories of angels back up. That site means a lot to me...kind of helps me cope.
    Sharon Chajin

We will put Roys name on it and give him the credit he deserves and you too. If you want to work on it with me, let me know. Lord knows I can use all of the help that I can get.
    Sharon Chajin

We will put Roys name on it and give him the credit he deserves and you too. If you want to work on it with me, let me know. Lord knows I can use all of the help that I can get.
    I see your website is back on line...

Did you see what a difference the book on black with stars shows in my post above? I also added a little knight.

http://www.fromtheheartofangels.com/...tingstory.html

Well it is iffy at best, Bird, it's not working for me right now, I get the holding page as ***** stated.

Sharon, you do need to follow Beths instructions, taking out the names servers that do not belong, these you would find when logging into your account (not control panel) ... these were there when you went in to add your add on domain, you should have removed them when you added your two servers ...
    There is nothing wrong with it being an add on domain within your account, you don't need another account for this site.

Bird, I really like the knight you added, and while I always tend to lean towards the darker side of things, I do have to say I liked the white with Sharon's book, just my opinion though, and like I say, I usually like the dark ... maybe I am growing up, lol ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Wow!!! I can actually see your site now!!!!!
    The graphic on the first page is really cool!
    Looking good
    Regards
    Teri

I love it, it looks so cute.
    Sharon Chajin

Thanks to Roy, I think again, it will be fun.

Lady Eye, I'm going to give it a new home of its own. It is an add on, that is where the problem lies...I think
    Sharon Chajin

Thanks to Roy, I think again, it will be fun.

Lady Eye, I'm going to give it a new home of its own. It is an add on, that is where the problem lies...I think
    No I disagree Sharon, your site does not need it's own home ....
    I have 4 sites on one hosting program .... one main, with three add ons ... I do not believe that is your problem at all ... I believe it is in the issues of your dns .... submit a support ticket and ask if they would take care of pointing your site correctly if you are uncomfortable doing it, I am sure they will do this for you .... you really do not need another account ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Hi Holly,

Thank you I will get them to do it for me as I know myself. Bad LOL
    Sharon Chajin

Sharon,

I adore this idea! I'm a writer at heart and professionally and anything that will encourage kids to write and be imaginative I support wholeheartedly!! (I loved writing fantasy tales as a kid).

There are some (in the publishing world) who say that fairies and witches and warlocks and the like are going out of fashion ... but grand successes of "places" like World of Warcraft certainly prove them false.

I'm now imagining a whole world in the everlasting story where kids can be elves and fairies and orcs and dwarves and ... and ... and ... THIS is an exciting project!

Oh, and the site (sorry, got carried away) looks really nice! I love the book design/idea.

Only a couple of small nits: on your about us page you've got "collage education" instead of "college education". And it should be "grandson's" (intead of "grandsons).

Good luck with this. I look forward to following the progress!
    Scribbler59
    Alias: Corinne
    www.projectgreatestgift.com

That you so much, I think it is an exciting project. I also LOVE what you are doing, it's GREAT! I will correct the things you spoke of.

Again as a writer (you) that means a lot to me.
    Sharon Chajin

Thread Information