Just like your car, your home / office computer also requires periodic tune ups.
1) Click Here to download a free piece of software call ccleaner. (install it, run it and reboot)
CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware! :)
2) After you run cleaner and your system is clean, I highly suggest you run the Registry Issues Cleaner,
CCleaner uses an advanced Registry to check for problems and inconsistencies in your registry. It can check
3) Time to Defrag your hard drive....Please follow the below...
- File Extensions
- ActiveX Controls
- Shared DLLs
- Help File references
- Application Paths
- Invalid Shortcuts and more...
Start >>> Programs >>> Accessories >> System Tools >>> Disk Defragmenter
4) After you are done with the above 3, reboot again and you will notice a considerable improvement in your computers speed and performance. For best results repeat the above at least once a month.
PS...Make sure all programs and software are shut down during the above cleaning and defraging process, nothing must be running!