All I wanted was a simple way to promote my product using simple 'coupon codes'. After about 3 months of calls to Paypal Tech Support & BV Forum posts with no success, I finally figured out a way & it’s good for all BV sites no matter what merchant service. (like PayPal)
- Use the ‘Password Protect Directories’ in the BV Control Panel :
1. Set up a new folder (directory) in the FTP Manager (ex. ‘Discounts’)
2. Click on Password Protect Directories in the BV control panel.
3. Select your new folder (‘Discounts’)
4. Set up the “active user” as a discount/coupon code.
Example: user name: ‘bv’
5. Now make a BV page with the discounts that you want. Name this page ‘index’ and make sure
you publish it under the new directory ‘Discounts’. (Of course you need to set up
(on this page) the discounted costs so they will be added to your shopping cart when selected.
In Paypal, you would set up new ‘BuyNow Buttons’)
6. You can now provide (email) your potential or good customers with the code that you designated
in Step 4 : (‘bv’ & ‘trick’). You must also provide them with the url of the ‘Discount Page’
In this example. It would be www.yoursite.com/Discounts
7. When they enter ‘www.yoursite.com/Discounts’, they will be presented with a Password Screen.
They will enter the ‘bv’ as the username and ‘trick’ as the password and will then have access
to your discount page and the discounts that you are offering…..
To see the example on my site, go to http://www.chewawaygum.com/products.html
Then click on the ‘Promotions – Coupons’ box (upper left)
The code for this month is: username: thank & password: you.
(By the way, you can go into the BV control panel anytime & change or add a new code!)
Hope this helps. Good Luck