Thread: Anyone got a little claim to fame

Default Anyone got a little claim to fame

I thought seen as though there are some very talented people here on web-building etc...Has anyone one got any other small claims to fame.

Have you met a famous person? Won any medals? Won the lottery? Any little claim to fame will do.

I will start the ball rolling with mine.

When I was at school I broke the school javelin record and won my school sports day 3 years on the trot. 13 years old..WOW..that takes me back.
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Default Re: Anyone got a little claim to fame

Don't tell anyone but I used to be an on air Show Host with Home Shopping Network (Florida) and Cable Value Network (Minnesota) many years ago..... I was a Disc Jockey for 97.1 The Fox in Alabama too!
    Oh what a life I have led.... now I just want to garden, make soap and hang with my critters!

Don't tell anyone but I used to be an on air Show Host with Home Shopping Network (Florida) and Cable Value Network (Minnesota) many years ago..... I was a Disc Jockey for 97.1 The Fox in Alabama too!
    Oh what a life I have led.... now I just want to garden, make soap and hang with my critters
    !

Ahhhh Dori a true star...Oh me wants to listen to your D.J voice now...Have you a recording he he.
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

In 1978 my husband and I and 5 children drove a 24 foot motorhome from California to Brazil. We were the first ClassA motorhome to cross from Panama into South America. Also made the front page of the newspaper in Curitiba, Brazil. See http://www.movingon1.com/newspaper.html

OK, I hold a patent pending for a disposable world cellular phone.
    Sharon Chajin

In 3rd grade I won an award for the most checkmarks for talking!! Yep a reward for talking to much!! lol The only other claim to fame is that I was a winner on one of Allstars games and he sent me an autographed photo.

Oh and I forgot...Ladyeye, Kassie and I hold the make believe patents to the girls cell phone and something else...I forget..maybe Ladyeye will be around to remind me...lol
    Cindy Smentowski

Hey Cindy

Yes we hold the patents for "The Ladies Cell Phone" and "The Man's Remote" lmao .... we must get A Round To It ... Making mooley don't you think!! lol

A reward for talking too much!! Imagine that ... in grade three ... well let me tell you, I got a reward for the same thing, only it was in grade two and it was what you called a big old strapping on your hands with a big old strap, I think they were made of beaver tails or something, yeah that's what I got. I've never for it, even remember her name and what she looks like ... big time!! lol

I've got a Claim to Fame, a few, I'll post soon ... want to get the news clips firstly ... lol

The one for "Detective Work" made big News!! Political too!!
    lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Raced with Lewis Hamilton for quite a few years, the new Formula 1 driver for Malaren racing. This may sound grand, but it was back when I was karting & he was a cadet driver at the time. This is means he was about 12 year old at the time & I was in the older heavy weight division. We called it TOG racing. (The old gits) Had some good times though.
    Take my hat off to his father! Real nice guy & was always there for him. He should give some really interesting races this year if he has the right equipment.

I've got a Claim to Fame, a few, I'll post soon ... want to get the news clips firstly ... lol
    Holly, can't wait for the news now....Holly in ......scandel, fill the blank in lol.

Raced with Lewis Hamilton for quite a few years, the new Formula 1 driver for Malaren racing

Way to go Chris but was it not Mclaren lol
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

In the year 1985 I was the Prime Minister of Canada .. haha I wish, lol .. I will have to think of something to post here ..
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Quote Originally Posted by karel
    !

Ahhhh Dori a true star...Oh me wants to listen to your D.J voice now...Have you a recording he he.
    No I burned all that stuff a long time ago.... LOL

Ann,
    That is something I have always wanted to do... go to Brazil and by RV no less... how cool!

Dang Jeremy... you're that old??? LOL

Talking Re: Anyone got a little claim to fame

I may be new here but my claim to fame is that I used to be in an Alice Cooper Tribute Band in Phoenix AZ, we once did a benefit concert for Mr Alice Cooper himself. I have met him 2 other times along with Rob Halford from Judas Priest and a few others, other than that I would have to say no.

Holly, forget the news clips, just show the Police Report.

Quote Originally Posted by choco777
    ROFLMAO.... I can't wait to see those!

A worldwide disposable cellular phone??? Are you pulling our leg with that one?

Wink Re: Anyone got a little claim to fame

err.........I've been on television, in newspapers, I deal with the people who work with the rich and famous. Met Dee Snyder, The Undertaker, JP Bordello, Cathy Jones, a few others. Some of our costumes were worn by famous people, I have those pieces tagged. Alot of our costumes are on tv for various events etc. It's pretty cool.

Hello. This, my first post to the forum, will 'date' me without question. But being an older lady doesn't take away from the achievements of a life time. I was the first woman teacher to wear a pair of pants to work at our local school -- pants were not part of the dress code until then. I was the first woman to work as a rural letter carrier out of a small post office where I worked in that position until retirement -- the postal patrons didn't know what to call me (my 'title') and there was an older gentleman who just gave up and called me 'Miss Baby'. I loved it. One of the funniest 'firsts', or claims to fame, that maybe should be embarrassing was the note included with my diploma which I received in the mail after choosing to forgo the ceremony of graduation. The note was from the professor who had acted as my advisor. It said, "Congratulations. You have the distinction of haveing received the lowest grades ever to have received this degree." I hope that one was good for a few laughs from you guys. Am looking forward to being a part of this community.

Quote Originally Posted by choco777
    lol Choco ... I actually had forgotten about this and didn't see your post until a few more posts were made tonite ... lol

Well as CL touched on with the costume shop, one where I worked and managed for 17 of my years, a family business, which I parted to do my own thing about 5 years ago now, there were several telelvision interviews, radio interviews, newspaper interviews and in fact I would say the costume shop has it's own Claim to Fame as the inventor of the formal MardiGras which happened for about 10 straight years in the downtown area of Halifax. The formal event is obsolete now, however Halloween is big here .. And meeting the Undertaker was at a hotel iin Chicago ... yes quite a nite, eh CL!

But Choco, the one in which I was referring to was when a Local MLA was involved in a scandal. I'll keep the names out of it. In any event, a local news reporter had decided he would "Dress UP" as a convict, get his own picture taken in this outfit in front of province house in Halifax, and then write up a news story as if it were someone else creating this news. Well of course, police and the politician involved were more than curious to know who this guy was. This guy left me with a phony name, number, etc., and I clued into this as he was doing so. So I quickly made mental notes about him and the vehicle he was driving, and by doing this, this would be "News Maker" was nabbed, and well I did feel kind of bad as he did lose his job.

Other things in Sports, Three Years Running for Most Home Runs in the Softball League, with teams amount to 10. Chosen to play on Softball Allstar Team.

Hockey - Initiated and started the first "Girls" high school hockey team within my high school and I got the very first goal of anyone in High School as well.

Coaching - I've coached little league teams in softball and assisted with hockey coaching.

Fan - Chosen #1 Fan of the Year during some of the Central Minor Days.

My Son - My son was held and cared for by a highly recognized Television News Reporter when he was 3 days old.

And the best!! - I had my son on the 12th of September, after working day and night on the 11th and reported back to work on the 16th of September for good!
    Now that's A "Claim to Fame" lol .... whether anyone thinks so or not ....

Tidbits about Me!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Sadly no :( Once when a news crew came to my junior school, they were going to flim the Jujutsu class I was in, but for some reason I wasnt allowed in *sniff* Then in High school, I was involved in painting some huge picture thing and again, news crew came out and the bloody teacher picked three girls that did NO work, to be in the pic. *sniff again*

Yeah Im still angry about it! lol. Its taught me to never participate in anything! lol

Teri

Quote Originally Posted by darklight
    Sadly no :( Once when a news crew came to my junior school, they were going to flim the Jujutsu class I was in, but for some reason I wasnt allowed in *sniff* Then in High school, I was involved in painting some huge picture thing and again, news crew came out and the bloody teacher picked three girls that did NO work, to be in the pic. *sniff again*

Yeah Im still angry about it! lol. Its taught me to never participate in anything! lol

Teri

You know what Teri ... don't feel so glum, and don't give up. Being around alot of sports and competitiveness most of my life, I've seen these things happen, alot!! Don't give up on yourself, and just because you were not chosen at that time, doesn't mean you didn't deserve to be ..

You remember that ..... you go girl ..... always!! Do it for YOU!!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

True! It was a good feeling to look at that picture and say that I helped in creating it. As long as I can say that, it dont matter at all. Was just the principle of the matter! Them bloody girls didnt want to get their nails dirty lol. ahh well.. Hmm.. I wonder if its still there lol.

Thanks LadyEye :)

Quote Originally Posted by darklight
    True! It was a good feeling to look at that picture and say that I helped in creating it. As long as I can say that, it dont matter at all. Was just the principle of the matter! Them bloody girls didnt want to get their nails dirty lol. ahh well.. Hmm.. I wonder if its still there lol.

Thanks LadyEye :)
    Teri ...

You will find it quite often as you go through life, someone is always there to take credit for something you have done .... it does bother you, believe you me, I've lived it ... however, you get over it and build your self-esteem from it ... you know what you can do and you don't need any roses to prove it or otherwise ... right!! And your day will come when you might not even recognize it ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Good deeds count?

Quote Originally Posted by wicktharny
    I may be new here but my claim to fame is that I used to be in an Alice Cooper Tribute Band in Phoenix AZ, we once did a benefit concert for Mr Alice Cooper himself. I have met him 2 other times along with Rob Halford from Judas Priest and a few others, other than that I would have to say no.
    Hi, you may like this link http://www.planetrock.com/ Its a digital UK rock station that you can also get on the web. Alice is on every morning from about 6am 9am London gtm. One of the best rock stations I have come across (check out some of the DJs & you will see what I mean.

Fan - Chosen #1 Fan of the Year during some of the Central Minor Days.
    Lol Holly what do you have to do for this one?Shout and scream louder than everyone else....Buy more Hot Dogs? ....Have more posters on your bedroom wall?

Well you have a new claim to fame! You have more claims to fame than anyone else on this post.
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Oh actually.. I just had a thought.. I have a myspace account (saddd) That people all over the world can view. That makes me famousss!
    (pointless) lol

lol Teri ... exactly ... it's all what "YOU" make it right ...

It's all the perspective in which you give yourself ... makes things your own joys and success stories ... cause if you don't, guess what, not alot of others will ... you'd be lucky or even the best optimist in the world if you thought you'd get credit for everything you do.

Paul ... It was showing the support and cheering the team on whether we lost or won, it was doing the little things (mind you, I always did go all out) but doing the things that made those young hockey players feel important, feel like they wanted to win, feel like they had the support.
    I even waved "licorice" from the stands to some of them, because they would score more goals if they new Holly was buying them licorice.
    I would make them painted name tags, I would make painted flags and huge banners to hang behind the bench, and huge banners for in the stands, I would bring wigs for all team parents to wear, I'd have cheerleader meetings, I'd take photos, videos, bring horns, squeekers, megahorns, I'd arrange for them to be on Breakfast Television. I mde them all their own mini hockey sticks out of wood, painted individually with team colors, their names, their numbers added the nob at the top of the stick with black tape, and around the blade, just as a real stick would be. CL helped me with those, all done individually. I made them each, all hand designed, out of wood, 8 x 10" plaques, with vinyl "gold" stick on letters with their names, year, name of team, "claim to fame" and team picture, and their provincial badge, that not many have opportunity to win in their life, but we did, and I'll bet you every single one of those boys have their plaque and their mini stick to this very day. I could go on and on, with what I used to do. And I loved it ...
    But, the best of what I did was that I made them feel like Winners - Win or Lose, and we did alot of "winning" that way ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Quote Originally Posted by bill2006
    Good deeds count?
    Well, I would like to hear your good deeds Bill, and I'm sure they count.

Paul ... It was showing the support and cheering the team on whether we lost or won, it was doing the little things (mind you, I always did go all out) but doing the things that made those young hockey players feel important, feel like they wanted to win, feel like they had the support.
    I even waved "licorice" from the stands to some of them, because they would score more goals if they new Holly was buying them licorice.
    I would make them painted name tags, I would make painted flags and huge banners to hang behind the bench, and huge banners for in the stands, I would bring wigs for all team parents to wear, I'd have cheerleader meetings, I'd take photos, videos, bring horns, squeekers, megahorns, I'd arrange for them to be on Breakfast Television. I mde them all their own mini hockey sticks out of wood, painted individually with team colors, their names, their numbers added the nob at the top of the stick with black tape, and around the blade, just as a real stick would be. CL helped me with those, all done individually. I made them each, all hand designed, out of wood, 8 x 10" plaques, with vinyl "gold" stick on letters with their names, year, name of team, "claim to fame" and team picture, and their provincial badge, that not many have opportunity to win in their life, but we did, and I'll bet you every single one of those boys have their plaque and their mini stick to this very day. I could go on and on, with what I used to do. And I loved it ...
    But, the best of what I did was that I made them feel like Winners - Win or Lose, and we did alot of "winning" that way ...
    Now that's some fan Holly.

I am sure they all appreciated it, its great to have a passion about something and yes to make each one feel special.

I wish I could have hired you last night, we got thrashed at football : (

I know its not about winning all the time....just once would do.

Oh actually.. I just had a thought.. I have a myspace account (saddd) That people all over the world can view. That makes me famousss!
    (pointless) lol
    Whats the address Teri? I could post a comment on there, if you would let me.

Sorry Teri, Holly, I am now out of character and back as Karel.

Why I keep logging in with that account I don't know DOH!
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Yeah dude! go for it! its: www.myspace.com/scuroluce

Wow Holly! In all the sporting events I've been in my lifetime including when I was younger, when my boys were in sports, and YES( I too played on a womens softball team and a co-ed team), I don't think I have ever seen a fan do what you have described. You can be on my Team any time you want! (So what position did you play in softball?...I played center field and 2nd on the womens team and catcher on the co-ed team. The last time I played was on the co-ed team, just about to put someone out at home plate...here comes the ball from the 1st baseman...yes...I've got it, we're going to get the out.....BAM!! Right on my nose!! My fault...I was about an inch out of balance and my nose caught the ball instead. We ended up having to forfeit, because there was no one to replace me. Yep...broken, crushed, smashed was my nose and so to the hospital, surgery the whole nine yards. Haven't played since) lol
    Cindy Smentowski

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Lady
    Wow Holly! In all the sporting events I've been in my lifetime including when I was younger, when my boys were in sports, and YES( I too played on a womens softball team and a co-ed team), I don't think I have ever seen a fan do what you have described. You can be on my Team any time you want! (So what position did you play in softball?...I played center field and 2nd on the womens team and catcher on the co-ed team. The last time I played was on the co-ed team, just about to put someone out at home plate...here comes the ball from the 1st baseman...yes...I've got it, we're going to get the out.....BAM!! Right on my nose!! My fault...I was about an inch out of balance and my nose caught the ball instead. We ended up having to forfeit, because there was no one to replace me. Yep...broken, crushed, smashed was my nose and so to the hospital, surgery the whole nine yards. Haven't played since) lol
    No Way Cindy!!

omg .... you are my twin ... I too had a broken nose from softball, lmao ... in a tournament, in an afternoon game and well the ball came to me and at the last second before I grabbed it it bounced up and broke my nose, I can remember my sister, the udder one, when I asked her, okay, how bad is it, she said, oh not too bad, and when I looked in the mirror, my nose was all across my face, lmao .... I can't believe you girl ... this is too great!! You know what, that was pretty much my last too .... We Nose, we were Shocked Right??? lol ... that's unbelievable ... I did go to the hospital, they had to snap it back in place, no surgery and no problems. Nosey aren't we ... lmao Oh, and a few sprangled ankles to boot!! Stiches to the knee and a broken finger, lol ....

I played short stop and sometimes third, mainly ss tho. Fastball and softball. Really liked the fastball cause when you got a piece of that sucker it really went ... loved it, loved it, loved it. Had my own bat!!
    Still have it!! Now tell me Cindy, "Scuba Dive"????

And I too did enjoy my "fan" days, really only gave that up 6 months ago ... it's all over now, well it may start again next year, we will see ... I'll take some shots of some of my stuff I've made, it's pretty good, and it definitely added the spirit!! I loved it .. can't tell you how many times I had laryngitis .. lmao ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

I am guessing all softball inffielders have broken something or other, yeah? Was pitching, took a line drive in the top rib, busted it, popped my lung... yuk! Couple of ankle sprains landing on sprinkler heads in the "outfield" as a child, multiple jammed fingers from chasing grounders playing 2B and SS.. .. occupational hazards..
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Quote Originally Posted by larazovich
    I am guessing all softball inffielders have broken something or other, yeah? Was pitching, took a line drive in the top rib, busted it, popped my lung... yuk! Couple of ankle sprains landing on sprinkler heads in the "outfield" as a child, multiple jammed fingers from chasing grounders playing 2B and SS.. .. occupational hazards..
    lol Liz .... well it just sounds like we ought to put together a VodaBallTeam doesn't it .... just to see how much we could injure ourselves now ... lmao
    Do you think we'd make it 7 or 9 innings without an injury ... wasn't it so much fun though ... well worth it right!! Now we're looking looking for that outfielder to catch us right ... lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

S'been a long while since I've played. Seem to remember that last time I was drinking lemonade made with gin instead of water, think we only made it through like 3 or 4 innings before it all went sideways..
    On the upside, nobody gave a darn about injuries..LOL
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com

S'been a long while since I've played. Seem to remember that last time I was drinking lemonade made with gin instead of water, think we only made it through like 3 or 4 innings before it all went sideways..
    On the upside, nobody gave a darn about injuries..LOL
    Well, we can still drink that, can't we ... and maybe a good old game of marbles would be better ... lmao ... I want all the "do-boys" lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

I don't know what is a 'do-boy'?
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com

I don't know what is a 'do-boy'?

ahaha ... you crack me up ... maybe it is spelled dough-boy ... it's the bigger ones, its what we always called them, lmao ...

of course with all our broken fingers we may not be able to push them as well ...

maybe we should try pick up sticks, or a game of survivor ... I wonder how we could gear up a game of survivor on here ... ??? hmmm .... just a thought ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Ahhhh. I see. We called 'em shooters, or taws..for some reason..
    I remembers clearies, and cat's eyes, and puries.. good memories.

Survivor in Vodaland.. Now THERE's a picture.. wonder who would form alliances with who???
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com

Ahhhh. I see. We called 'em shooters, or taws..for some reason..
    I remembers clearies, and cat's eyes, and puries.. good memories.

Survivor in Vodaland.. Now THERE's a picture.. wonder who would form alliances with who???

Yes, I remember the cats eyes, shooters, clearies but I can't say I remember the taws ... lol ....

Yeah, and I wonder who would eat the bugs?? lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEye
    No Way Cindy!!

omg .... you are my twin ... I too had a broken nose from softball, lmao ... in a tournament, in an afternoon game and well the ball came to me and at the last second before I grabbed it it bounced up and broke my nose, I can remember my sister, the udder one, when I asked her, okay, how bad is it, she said, oh not too bad, and when I looked in the mirror, my nose was all across my face, lmao .... I can't believe you girl ... this is too great!! You know what, that was pretty much my last too .... We Nose, we were Shocked Right??? lol ... that's unbelievable ... I did go to the hospital, they had to snap it back in place, no surgery and no problems. Nosey aren't we ... lmao Oh, and a few sprangled ankles to boot!! Stiches to the knee and a broken finger, lol ....

I played short stop and sometimes third, mainly ss tho. Fastball and softball. Really liked the fastball cause when you got a piece of that sucker it really went ... loved it, loved it, loved it. Had my own bat!!
    Still have it!! Now tell me Cindy, "Scuba Dive"????

And I too did enjoy my "fan" days, really only gave that up 6 months ago ... it's all over now, well it may start again next year, we will see ... I'll take some shots of some of my stuff I've made, it's pretty good, and it definitely added the spirit!! I loved it .. can't tell you how many times I had laryngitis .. lmao ...
    I knew we had a lot in common!! Nosey broken noses...lol Like you and Liz, yup I had some sprained ankles to. When I broke my nose, it just bled alot. Never bruised or swelled. About a week after that happened, I was talking to my brother and he HIGHLY suggested I have it checked. He was the Center on his High School football team and so he wrote the book on broken noses. Sure enough...went to the doctor, was sent straight to surgery. I really hadn't noticed that it was broken into a million pieces, deviated septum, etc. It didn't even hurt. I guess I handle pain pretty well.

Scuba Diving??? Well, I have tried it. (1st husband was a Navy Seal so he had all the gear when we got married) So I of course had to try it. But I have always had MAJOR ear problems, lots and lots of surgeries on my ears, they have been rebuilt, mastoid problems, no middle ear bones, etc. I call myself the bionic woman because I have so much titanium in there. Now if only I could hear like her, I'd be good to go. Soooooo No I don't Scuba Dive anymore, the pressure just won't allow it. How about you? in Canada??

So how about Sky Diving, Holly..have you ever tried that??

I remember playing tiddley winks, mankala, pick up stix and jacks when I was a kid!

These days, we like to go in our Motorhome up in the mountains and go 4 wheeling with our neighbors. I really enjoy getting those things going as fast I can (I think a whole 35 miles and hour) then I like to find the little hills to jump. That's about the extent of my real excitment these days......lmao
    Cindy Smentowski

oh wow Cindy, I'll say you "handle pain" I can remember very clearly - didn't hurt when it happened, about 6 hours later it was very very painful ... and you went a week, geesh ... you must have had that gin Liz was talking about ... ooohhh ...

Just knew you must have tried the scuba diving, I could feel it all the way here, lol ... yes in Nova Scotia, although you may think the scenery underwater here is not as great as say down south with all the pretty coral rocks etc., it is still very interesting, (funny though, some of those large rocks used to frighten me, Iused to think there was a shark behind them, our waters are okay for that though, too cold for any of the biters for the most part anyway) - shipwreck diving, is real cool. Although the best for pleasure diving in that respect are those wrecks that are only at about '50 - '60 feet, not so dark right ... And of course, my favorite depth was below the '33 mark ... no worries and hassels of times and decompression. 45 minutes or so was about the longest I would stay, was plenty time for a couple of divers to bring up 100 lbs of the finest nova scotia scallops ... yes sir. You'll notice I say "was", I don't do it anymore, takes someone in top physical condition, young, etc., and it was always difficult too finding a partner, never dive alone right. I used to belong in the clubs. We used to go every Sunday, treasure hunting, was always alot of fun. And I tell you, I never felt better in my life than I did after a 45 minute dive. Talk about reviving yourself, it was incredible, must have been all that air in the tank, lol .... No problems with my ears or nose, however, had seen many people with their mask full of blood ... Not anymore. One of my worst experiences was when a young boy was a vicitim of a drowning accident and they called a few of us to dive for the body. And yes, Cindy, we found him, resting on the floor of the lake, curled up in a little ball, it was something I will never forget. Awful. That was the one and only time I did that ... never again ..

Sky Diving, I went once, went with a group of 7 people. Cost was $75.00, I paid my $75.00 sat through the two or three hour course and wouldn't go ... lmao ... I believe that was the day I discovered I had a fear of heights. Yes, I was already excited and everything and I turned CHICKEN!! lmao ... was a while living that down, let me tell you ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

I have always woanted to jump out of a plane, told myself I would do it by 40. Didn't. Then said by 50, for sure.
    Now, am aiming to do it by 60... hoping to do it this summer, as I finally have the time and inclination to get in right shape first.. I will let you all know..LOL
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com

Quote Originally Posted by C L
    Well, I would like to hear your good deeds Bill, and I'm sure they count.
    Planting trees and saving a life does provide certain inner satisfaction.

Bill: Yes sir... I would think those two good deeds, indeed provide inner satisfaction! Good man!!

Liz: Ok..we're going to hold you to it. You go girl...this summer.

Holly: Ok, now I know you had some of that gin with you under that water. That's why you felt so good afterwards, right? come on you can tell us...lol I don't blame you for chicken out on the skydiving. I have never done it and never will. You go Liz!!! I'll pray for you, ok?? My son and daughter-in-law have that to do on their list for this year. I'm just making sure that I'm shown as the legal guardian of their daugher (my granddaughter) before they go!!
    Cindy Smentowski

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Lady
    Bill: Yes sir... I would think those two good deeds, indeed provide inner satisfaction! Good man!!

Liz: Ok..we're going to hold you to it. You go girl...this summer.

Holly: Ok, now I know you had some of that gin with you under that water. That's why you felt so good afterwards, right? come on you can tell us...lol I don't blame you for chicken out on the skydiving. I have never done it and never will. You go Liz!!! I'll pray for you, ok?? My son and daughter-in-law have that to do on their list for this year. I'm just making sure that I'm shown as the legal guardian of their daugher (my granddaughter) before they go!!
    lol Cindy ... NO never ... wouldn't have been wise ... and no I wouldn't ... but afterwards yeah ...

And Good Luck to you Liz - sure wish you'd wait until after the VodaTrip, we want you to come you know ... And I'll pray too, really should change your mind ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Quote Originally Posted by bill2006
    Planting trees and saving a life does provide certain inner satisfaction.
    Yes is does Bill....... Something to be proud of. Bravo, DL said it right Good man.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEye
    lol Cindy ... NO never ... wouldn't have been wise ... and no I wouldn't ... but afterwards yeah ...

And Good Luck to you Liz - sure wish you'd wait until after the VodaTrip, we want you to come you know ... And I'll pray too, really should change your mind ....
    Is this the same trip? Liz is coming..........so is Beez if she ever shows up.

Is this the same trip? Liz is coming..........so is Beez if she ever shows up.

Same trip, Liz is coming too ... and who knows who else ... we need to start planning, so maybe the end of Nov. or so sounds good to everyone?? I don't know about the cruise, I think I would feel too tied up and might jump ship, lol ... would I Cindy???? When I need to leave somewhere I need to leave, so what would I do????

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Nah, nah I don't think you would feel that way on ship.......are we talking about a cruise ship? Those are huge! Like a little city........whooa! I'm in, they include food! lol

Nah, nah I don't think you would feel that way on ship.......are we talking about a cruise ship? Those are huge! Like a little city........whooa! I'm in, they include food! lol
    lol ... didn't you eat yet, lol .... yes and the cruise actually takes off on my b'day ... something to ponder ... I don't know ... but Cindy has a great rate for everyone, but I don't know ... u think????

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

where do we go to find out the rate? and from where to where? Or am I jumping the gun on details?
    I LOVE cruises..... so decadent, and so wonderful, you feel so pampered..
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com

Hey you two!! I was going to send Holly an email, but I think I'll post the cruise details on the forum. Just trying to find the right place. Maybe under the classified section! What do you think?

Holly..have you never been on a cruise ship before? If not, they are fun. The cost of the cruise includes all the food on board (with a few exceptions), like an all inclusive vacation! Anyway, I'll post the details somewhere and then if anyone is interested they can email me. But I have a deadline and just a few spots left. I'll try and get that posted yet tonight.

Yea Liz...I'll put it up tonight... all the details...
    Cindy Smentowski

excellent. Dunno if I can make it; it is alittle tricky for me to get away, but maybe ... if all the stars allign maybe I can go too..
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com

I'm always game for another dinner LE............the cruise is fab! Just the timing......

yeah same here. looks like I can't get it together for this one. Maybe next time..
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com

Okay, now it is my turn.....

When I was 10 I was a Yo-Yo champion... lots of tricks, two handed and everything, youngest one in state competition (didn't win, though,was really scared and then broke a string and cried...sensitive child, doncha know....ended up 5th, I think..)
    Still can do some tricks, though, oddball talent, yes?
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com

Wow, no not oddball at all, that's pretty cool being the youngest, I tried the yo-yo, not good at it at all, my brother faired ok, not good enough to be in a contest. 5th? That's an accomplishment. Good stuff Liz!

Thread Information