Thread: Social Networking Website

Smile Social Networking Website

Hi, I want to feature a networking community type of website similar to http://plentyoffish.com or other cosial netowrking websites where members can create their own profile and add photos. Do we have similar features here in Blue Voda that I can use?

If you answered this before please refer me to the link in any of the forums of this website.

I really appreciate any inputs.

Cheers...

Default Re: Social Networking Website

Hi, sounds like you want some dating software like this http://www.datingscripts.co.uk/dating_demo.php If you do a Google search for dating or community website software, you will find many. But BV isn’t this type of software But Vodahost will be able to run most packages that you may want to use. You can then use BV for other parts of your site.

Good luck.

Hi, Thanks for the info, but it's not really a dating site, its just a community where peole can share info , upload photos, ....i just stated plenty of fish, but i can't think of anything right now.

But most likely a simple networking community.. I don't want to pay , if Blue Voda can do similar features, i'd like to find out what...

I think that you may be talking about a CMS program (Content Management System) and I believe that there is a free one in the Cpanel Fantastico.......

Do a search on CMS as there were a spate of threads a short while ago.....

BTW: You may want to see my Social Networking E-Book at Your Local E-Book Centre

Smile Re: Social Networking Website

Hi I browsed free softwares and come accross Dolphin free software, has any body heared or played with it?

Also in BV inside Fantastico, which program works with similar features in setting up a community online?

Million Thanks again

E**g.org is an open-source social networking program, while SocialEngine has been getting good reviews as well. vldPersonals has a lot of social networking features as well.

I cover a few different platforms on my blog.

Actually I was looking at Daulphin software last week, cuz I am also trying a community website and I still can't decide how to do it........

You can check www.cilicia.com I think they're using Daulphin, but I don't know if it's the freeware or the add free one.

Quote Originally Posted by sfabria View Post
    Hi I browsed free softwares and come accross Dolphin free software, has any body heared or played with it?

Also in BV inside Fantastico, which program works with similar features in setting up a community online?

Million Thanks again
    Gullekian

If you fail to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

www.geemax.net
    www.dikranandkelly.com
    www.bjvino.com

I just looked at the dolphin free script but you are also dealing with ads which you would have no control over. If you like the software, however it isn't that much to get it ad free and you only pay it once but I would also suggest searching the sites that offer free cgi scripts such as http://cgi.resourceindex.com/ or www.hotscripts.com plus there are loads of sites which offer many free scripts and they don't take that long to install.

I know this may sound stupid, but has anyone that has built a social network to make money has been any to live off of it? I mean, really.

Thread Information