Thread: How about a competition using BlueVoda????

Default How about a competition using BlueVoda????

I know it was suggested a short wile back about a challenge for the best website. And rightly so it was mentioned that it may create some friction.
    What I am suggesting is a competition to see who can create the best single 800x600 web page using only Bluevoda & nothing else what so ever. IE:…
    No external images/fonts/scripts/ absolutely nothing but BV.
    Then the top three or so from of each month can be showcased in a view only section of the forum. With maybe some info on how the page was created for others to use.
    Maybe have 2 categories. Like best artistic page created with BV & best technical creation using BV. Open for ideas on this.
    Right! NO LAUGHING! but just to give an idea of what I was thinking, I have put together a few pages on the type of thing I meant. http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/shapes1.html 1st page might take a sec to load.
    I personally thought the shapes tool didn’t work very well as I have seen so many sites that look like they have been made with a saw rather than BV shapes. But if used right, some really nice effects can be created with this tool & other facilities that BV has..
    It’s just down to your artistic talents & knowledge of using BV.

Would like to hear if this would be a good idea or not. Some one might suggest a way to vote without creating controversy amongst us all.. Maybe BV’s voting software?
    Open for any ideas if good or bad.

Cheers.

Bethers is offline Major General & Forum Moderator

Default Re: How about a competition using BlueVoda????

And what determines the best page? Time loading is only one of hundreds of factors. I still think this would be something that can hurt too many people's feelings.

But if some of you want to do it for fun, go at it. I have too much to do trying to keep up with all the websites I'm working on to make pages like that.

maybe it doesn't have to be a competition, maybe it is just people posting pages they have made in that manner, using only BV.
    That way we could all learn more ways to use the tools provided for us, and nobody gets squashed..
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

That I could agree with wholeheartedly Liz - and while I might not have time to make these pages, I would like seeing them for ideas :) Just don't want anyone's feelings to be hurt.

Yep I agree completely with you Beth. I know I keep finding new things that people have done that I had no idea were possible, and I like that, so I would definately be interested in seeing this kind of thing..
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com

I have a spare bluevoda website which has not been used yet.

If people like the idea, I would be happy to host and publish any and all such pages.

david that's be great!
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com

If we get any more positive feedback on the idea, I will set something up.....

Nice one David! Well done. That would be great. Not sure what’s the best way for entrants to get there page’s on the viewing site without making a lot of work for one of us. Maybe a form of some sort where the entrant can just send the page. Should be ok as there will be no images to worry about.

When I say competition, I should have said something more like showcase. That is decided on by a vote from Vodahost viewers, with some a type of 1 vote.. voting system.
    (OK Then! A competition) lol
    Maybe marks out of 10 for 3 areas of skill. Maybe? Design/tec & somthing else. Maybe even a simple yes or no vote. Open for ideas on this. But with no facility for comments.

The idea for this is to give newbie’s (& oldies) a chance to see what can be done with BV & a place to where members of the forum can say go to this link & have a look for some ideas & examples. We could start with just BV only pages. And then move onto
    ????? ideas on how to make a photo album & so on.
    Basically just different ways & ideas of creating different things to help others, with a working model.

Lazaovich! Thanks for the positive input. I was just thinking of a little more interaction on the forum for the good of all.
    Basically just different ways & ideas of creating different things to help others.

Hi Beth, i hope we wont create any controversy, or hurt anyone’s feelings. But more to give some guidance to new members on what can be achieved.
    When I see some of the sites that are up for revue on the forum, it would be nice to be able to point them to some ware for ideas & guidance instead of the feeling that I shoudnt say its not that good. (Lol) But to achieve this, there would have to be some sort input from members to get some pages out there as a guide, that others agree on.
    The other reason is that I find it strange? is that a forum that has nearly 29000 members? & only has a very few are using the facility. (Strange) Maybe some extra incentives may attract more members to use it & interact to help others. This can only encourage better use of BV.

As David said if there is any feed back I will be more than happy to get started with a list of ideas, (Just to begin with)..

Cheers

Okay Chris... somebody has too much time on their hands! LOL
    Actually, I think it is a good idea with the added suggestions of Beth, Liz and David. It would be a great resource of ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by Dori
    Okay Chris... somebody has too much time on their hands! LOL
    Actually, I think it is a good idea with the added suggestions of Beth, Liz and David. It would be a great resource of ideas....
    Hi Dori, (to much time on my hands) LOL. I have all the time in the world. Or is this too much. I used to say this to my customers, “But I was on a day rate at the time”
    Right! it’s a beautiful day with blue sky’s in London & the garden has been begging for some attention. So I am off for a dirty afternoon.

Cheers.

Why wouldn't there be any images? Are you saying images can't be used?

very impressed with your samples - makes me want to try some things out - it would be nice to see what can be done - we sometimes tend to get stuck in a mind set until someone shakes our box.

I might participate, but I really don't see the need for David to set up a site ... I would post my page on my own site ....

I would like to see ***** or Bethers have a thread stickied where members can participate as they wish ... an ongoing type of thing, not necessarily a competition. Perhaps I create a page today, and maybe next week I want to create another page to show people. I mean this is what it really is all about, is it not??

So an ongoing sticky thread, and each member wanting to participate, can make their own page, on their own site, and this also gives each member participating, or viewing a look at their own site, for a) help, b) ideas c) link sharing opportunitys d) and more ....

So that is how I would like to see it ... an oportunity to showcase, 1) your own site and 2) any number of pages that you would like to create

I suppose there could be subcategories of this as well ... perhaps a well laid out image page, perhaps a well laid out page using shapes alone, perhaps a well laid out text only page, perhaps a combo page, and perhaps a dream page ... etc. etc.

Just my two cents ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

A fine idea, I say.

I really like the idea of a showcase, as opposed to a competition, limited to BV tools only. It would serve as a way for people considering BV to see what is possible.

And it certainly would be easy to do a page using our own url and post it, so noone has to maintain a special site, good thinking LE

I am thinking not a total site showcase, tho, just BV-tool-made pages, cause don't we already have a showcase site for whole sites? Otherwise it could end up being a duplication, and we all know how much we don't like that...LOL

okay that's my 3 cents worth for the moment..
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com

Hi Beth, the only reason I was thinking of no images, is that I will put everyone that wants to try on a level playing field & maybe bring a little imagination to a page. It was only to start with & see how things progress.

Hi Ann, I hope you find make different & share it with us all. I am sure there is a lot more can be done with BV with a bit of creativity. The page I made on this http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/shapes1.html was all single images & took ages to load. So tried to cut a section out of the page to make a background image, but wasn’t very successful. So ended up with putting a single diamond shape as the background of a table & placed a few of these on the page. Loads a lot quicker now.
    And this that type of thing that may also benefit newbie’s.

Hi Lady, got some good ideas there. I am not sure it can be done without creating a site or not, but this is the reason for the post.
    I’m not sure if we can make a forum post look right for this type of thing.
    So just as a suggestion, how about using your idea and we all make own pages on our own sites but with a communal index that any of us can have on our own sites linking to all the other pages of BV showcases. This may then end up as a nice little link for everyone.
    So anyone can have a page similar to this http://www.collectors-info.com/sitemap.html (something simple) on there site with all the BV showcases pages. But then place a link in your signature on the forum saying? (Bluevoda showcase page) This text link would have standardised but the back end link would go to the BV showcase index on each person’s site. .

Hi Liz
    , every bit of input is always good as it can lead to some nice ideas. I think any pages that end up on this index must be placed there by some sort of vote as we may end up with a very poor showcase. And anything that is associated with it must have a common theme so visitors don’t get lost. IE: if I have an index on my site for the BV showcase & someone clicks on a link in the showcase index it must look the same on the next site they arrive at. Otherwise I think everyone will be getting lost. Ohps! I didn’t say this relates to the paragraph above.

Keep the idea’s coming.

PS. My apologies David, I have just seen that your site is called showcase. Will have to have a think??????

I think the minute there is a voting we lose the point of it as a learning experience.

If a person can post something they tried, whether or not it meets anyone elses standard, then other people could maybe suggest other possible ways to do it, then we can all learn from it.

Or if you were trying to do something and couldn't quite do it, you could show what you did and ask for help, much as we do in the forum with words..

I may be in the minority here, but I flat don't want to compete, and jurying the pages shared sounds a lot like a competition.

Maybe showcase isn't the right word, either..or maybe I am overthinking..

okay no more soapbox for me...LOL
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com

Quote Originally Posted by larazovich
    I think the minute there is a voting we lose the point of it as a learning experience.

If a person can post something they tried, whether or not it meets anyone elses standard, then other people could maybe suggest other possible ways to do it, then we can all learn from it.

Or if you were trying to do something and couldn't quite do it, you could show what you did and ask for help, much as we do in the forum with words..

I may be in the minority here, but I flat don't want to compete, and jurying the pages shared sounds a lot like a competition.

Maybe showcase isn't the right word, either..or maybe I am overthinking..

okay no more soapbox for me...LOL
    Hi, you are quit right, but I am not sure how to control the quality of info. As you say, it would be nice to not have a vote, maybe anyone that wants a posting would have to post the info on there site in a certain way that that is universal for every one to get a listing .
    There would have to be some sort of template to describe how something was done that everyone could stick to. IE:
    • Do this
    • Then this
    • Then this & so on until you have this..
    Keep the ideas coming it can only help.

Will if i can't use Flash, Koolmoves, My menus, scripting, coffee cup, and all the rest then i'm not playing,
    how can i win with a blank page ( not fair )

You can always use your imagination with a blank page, you cant with flash....

Aliens, we couldn’t leave you behind. So we knocked up a spare space ship for you. The triangles are loading it up right now?
    Sorry about the Ramses III look to it but it used to belong to an Egyptian.
    Take care of it. Its only done 100000000000000000000000000000000000 miles. & just been serviced. http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/space.html

Cheers.

Lightbulb Re: How about a competition using BlueVoda????

LadyEye's suggestion has more merit, and offers more opportunities to encourage and be of contributory nature for all of us, if developed a bit further:

For Instance, using the format twisted off the old "chain-story" idea (you know, the party game where a person begins telling a story with a sentence, and passes on to the next?) where a person creates a unique page (and has a single underlying page to describe the techniques used to create the 'story page'), and then the next person has a go......this way, it becomes a Community project, unique in every right (the perfect demonstration of how perspectives can be illuminated), non-competitive (for it is truly contribution-based), and is a learning experience (from all the tricks and techniques being explained and even providing links for utilities used).

Doesn't this sound a little more interesting (and more harmlessly entertaining) than as earlier discussed???

The suggestion also that these innocuous pages be hosted in the background of each creator's VH accounts is also the best way to keep it truly a "VodaHost Community Project" without burdening any one person or skewing the 'control' of it in any way. It would only require possibly a similarly published "Sign-Up" page, to list each page creator, and to properly link to the next.....in lieu of any prescribed "format" or "storyline", right??

** This type of "ghosted" page essentially acts as a reciprocol link also, and might provide some benefit to sites in which they are "hosted" as well, again adding to the strategy of what to do on the page (as far as elements of construct) and which account/domain to "host" it in: more creative expression by the participant (which might be simply a requirement to add to the text of the underlaying "Construction" page mentioned above??).

I would count myself in on this type of a project, but even yet shy from other dubiously "organized" VH collaborations, for whatever reasons...

Hmmm....and on we go.....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

(Wanted to add, but got timed out)

This would offer a number of neat benefits to "newbies" also, as they become more familiar with those Members of the VodaHost Community going from page to page, site to site, gobbling up all the different expressions of perspective, and techniques possible, with different technologies available to them also........creating a more encouraging enviornment ("I remember that person's page from the VodaVolume!"*), a more supportive feeling overall rather than being overwhelmed ("If I can do it, so can you" spirit), and actually provide some inspiration/explanation/demonstration/practical application of the things we babble about so commonplace that go in one ear and out the other of those who really are listening hard but do not understand the language!!!

Ya think?

*Merely a suggested name....

Well stated , as always, Eric.

and Welcome Back!
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com

Eric, you make a lot of sense in the way that this could be organised or setup, and I would be happt to join in.

I dont think that there was any need to post this kind of remark though
    " dubiously "organized" VH collaborations"

Everyone who has contributed to this thread has just been trying to help and to get something like this off the ground.

Keep the ideas coming...............

I was just thinking about this the other day... I think it's a fantastic idea!

Hi all. Thanks for the extra input. all idea’s are being taken onboard.
    See if this may sound right & getting a bit nearer .

1.Create an index page that is common for everyone that will be broken down into categories & sub categories. This will be the form of single page in 2 styles.
    1. For iframe use that should be no wider than 590 to enable flexibility.
    2. A full page something like this. Normal style, Iframe style.
    This index/menu page could be managed by lets say 4 of the forum members. Let’s call them (Admin).

2. Once we getting a few pages made up. Each user will then be able to place a link on the forum in there signature direct to a particular page or to the common index that they will have on their site.

3. Any one will be able to have this index/menu page on there site & will be available from the choice of a downloads from any of the admin sites & if pos the Vodahost forum. The 4 Admin persons will also make the menu available for others wishing to use a direct link for use of an iframe. Anyone using this method will have the benefits of the menu being updated automatically by one of the four admin. NOTE: All links will have to be targeted for –top.

4. Create a single page called? “how to do this” to form a common template that all users should use to help keep some form of uniformity across all sites. Colours can be changed to blend in with their site, but the layout should stay constant. These templates will be available from all admin sites & if pos the Vodahost forum as a download.
    5. Each index page should also have a form or email links to the 4 admin to enable amendments/updates to the main index, plus also the facility to a report broken links. Once again this could be done via an iframe with one common form hosted from one of the admin sites.

So! what this boils down to!. Is all contributors should be able to place at least 2 pages on there site.
    1. A main index page relating to the common project with only one link back to there
    own index. This common page or link will be supplied by the admin.
    2. A single page (Or more) to host one of their help/how to do this with BV items page.
    These page templates will be supplied by admin via downloads ready to fill in the
    fields & publish.

Working on some ideas for the templates. But may take a day or so.

Keep the comments coming? Sorry it’s a long read.

So....you are nixing the idea to keep the project creatively-based, and want it to appear as more of a "showcase" of individual pages as you first suggested?

There would be a need for a static "index" page as I mentioned, yes, to not only describe the "project" and set the design "paramteters" but act as a "Starting" place from which all contributed pages are linked......and the "underlaying" page to provide full details on how the Page was constructed, some of the "logistics" considered when preparing the design, and some comments on the use/implementation of any features or utilities (if any).
    You mention of an iFrame menu makes sense: it would be the only required element to be *******ted throughout all pages, as it can be updated universally as well upon each new page addition.

I do not feel comfortable with the idea of using prescibed "templates" however, as it defeats what I feel is the very purpose of the "Project": to demonstrate the varied perspectives and creative applications of technologies available to all VHers......surely you might wish to re-think this one, Chris, or modify your proposal to mitigate my understanding?

I was rather looking forward to an engaging little project along the "build-a-story" fashion.....being non-competitive and requiring more than BV expertise (or showmanship) it would be open to more people to have fun with and learn from at the same time.....Oh well!

>> Dave: This is why I used "dubious" earlier....as in 'doubtful' or 'ill-defined' and not the obviously misunderstood usage alleged as in 'questionable or deceptive'.....

I think asking any of the new people to make a page in an iframe might mean you lose some beautiful pages they might be able to design in BV - and that loses the whole point.

I also don't agree with the pages being hosted on one site. If you wanted to have a page with links to all the pages, that people host themselves, which I think is what Vasili is saying, then that would make more sense - and the author of the page would retain complete control of the page - which they should.

And in no way should there be any ranking on pages. As soon as it feels competitive that way, it would lose everything it might have going for it.

As always, simplicity is the best. Getting mired down will lose the whole point.

Wink Re: How about a competition using BlueVoda????

Quote Originally Posted by Bethers
    I think asking any of the new people to make a page in an iframe might mean you lose some beautiful pages they might be able to design in BV - and that loses the whole point.

I also don't agree with the pages being hosted on one site. If you wanted to have a page with links to all the pages, that people host themselves, which I think is what Vasili is saying, then that would make more sense - and the author of the page would retain complete control of the page - which they should.

And in no way should there be any ranking on pages. As soon as it feels competitive that way, it would lose everything it might have going for it.

As always, simplicity is the best. Getting mired down will lose the whole point.
    Glad to have you paraphrase my suggestions, Beth....it seems my vernacular wafts over the glazed eyes too quickly nowadays! LOL

I agree that creating pages within an iFrame is definitely out, but universal use of an iFrame menu makes complete sense to me, as it is globally updatable and would serve to eliminate possible recreation/*******tion errors "downstream" as well as does not create the compelling ambition to "go over the top" to out-do the previous contributor (as some might try to use dynamic, flash, or other advanced means).

And, yes, I did intend for each contributor to "host" their page(s) in their own account, as I mentioned to
    1. absolve any one influence of unfair 'control' over the project;
    2. to act as a natural "filter" to establish true VH status;
    3. and to add an element of 'reciprocol' SEO benefit, having a solidly networked links/navigation "relevancy" associated with the VodaHost SE value.....

And I also am repeating my caution against any emergence of voting, ranking, or "status" in such a project, thus my numerous suggestions of desirable benefits possible using an alternative construct.....

Dang, Vasili, I'm more tired than I thought. Yes, an iframe for a menu works well - I read the pages being done in them. I'm gonna quit for the night before I really confuse myself.

However, why do people need the index from their page? If there is ONE page somewhere - that is an index - and that page is given out - then people's pages can be listed there - and after clicking on a page, click back to go back to the index for another page. As these pages will not want to have anything on them for an index if they are being designed as I think they will be.

And if I was doing one, I wouldn't want it indexed as part of my site - as it wouldn't have anything to do with my site.

Again, simplicity- make your pages - host your own pages - have an index somewhere that one person agrees to keep up-dated.

One comment about SEO value - I don't see any - as even if the se's follow the link to the site - it won't have anything to do with the rest of the site, and designing as intended for purposes here - it won't have any links to the rest of the site - so will be a dead end for the se.

Now, I probably missed or screwed something else up here with my eyes scratchy and hurtin' so this is it for me tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Bethers
    Dang, Vasili, I'm more tired than I thought. Yes, an iframe for a menu works well - ( 1 ) I read the pages being done in them. I'm gonna quit for the night before I really confuse myself.

However, why do people need the index from their page? ( 2 ) If there is ONE page somewhere - that is an index - and that page is given out - then people's pages can be listed there - and after clicking on a page, click back to go back to the index for another page. As these pages will not want to have anything on them for an index if they are being designed as I think they will be.

And if I was doing one, I wouldn't want it indexed as part of my site - as it wouldn't have anything to do with my site. ( 3 )

Again, simplicity- make your pages - host your own pages - have an index somewhere that one person agrees to keep up-dated.

One comment about SEO value - I don't see any - as even if the se's follow the link to the site - it won't have anything to do with the rest of the site, and designing as intended for purposes here - it won't have any links to the rest of the site - so will be a dead end for the se. ( 4 )

Now, I probably missed or screwed something else up here with my eyes scratchy and hurtin' so this is it for me tonight!
    OK....going by numbers now....

1. I know you flubbed that read, but I took the opportunity to faze past that to mention another aspect to avoid....there was mention made about a rigidity of format, insofar as to imply a "template" or iFrame application (again, more stipulation and the transparent creation of an "Administrator" = a "Control" presence that is less than the freely self-governing model each of us would prefer, correct?)

2. If you followed carefully the construct model I keep reiterating (be it a "chain story" or any other progressive entertainment project + learning vehicle), a true iFrame Menu would provide more than the single option of "Forward/Next" or "Back/Return" on each created page....it would offer the range of pages to re-visit, or even return "Home".....even if the iFrame is nothing more than a Go Menu with every page (with title? creator?) listed in order to also give true navigation ability to visitors, rather than be locked into a bi-directional navigation loop!

3. If it is (as I carefully suggested) hosted on each contributor's account/site as an "innocuous" page (along with the underlaying "Details Page" it would not be "indexed" within the primary site cache, nor would it interfere in any way with the function of the host site/account.

4. In truth, it does have noticable benefit to the host account/site, as it is an active network of established (yet loosely defined) "relevancy"....as long as each page consistently displays "Perfect Page" construct....it is not cached within the primary host site, however, but remains as a non-defined relevancy metric* (largely based on the Perfect Page compliance and the reciprocol links establising a bona-fide network across multiple compliant sites as well......just as a "shell" program works over an application, or similar to how a php-based shopping cart defies logic being seen "rankable" due to ghosted HTML pages alongside the php foundation).

* This is an admitted Google element which is constantly being exploited by the various "SEO Leaders" even today....it was only 4 years ago that the practice became widely popular, and although it is discouraged today (due to less than professional implementation and poorly constructed pages) it remains just one of many Google "backdoors" offering potential. Again, if not prepared properly, these pages will appear as a "counterfeit" element, undefined nonetheless (a default conclusion). Or didn't you know this??? You can read some of the most visible of the players and these same strategies in one of the "whitepapers" they offer at SEOMatrix.com, if you can't find it on your favorite guru's site....

Hi Vasili, you have interpreted my badly written word well.

• Correct on the iframe for the menu. But wasn’t sure if this may be ok for the se’s? (all just ideas at the moment)
    • Correct on every one hosting there own info pages plus a sample/demo page of what they are helping with. (working model)
    • All pages that helpers provide should be hosted on there own sites.
    As for feedback/banter on each item that a member supplies. This could still be still done through the Vodahost forum.

I am running a bit late for an appointment at the mo, so will read in more detail later. But when I get back, I will do a little list on what we all think is good or bad so far.

Cheers.

Sounds like you are running this project then, Chris?

I had hoped that the best of the ideas would be precisely presented as a composite structure to form a consensus, with final comments offered as final "proofing" ...... so far, I have not seen any detailed comments that might prove constructive aside from the discourse Beth and myself had posted.
    Any furtherances, or specific considerations to offer to serve as the beginnings of an emerging format (presentable without a posture of editorialism, of course)?

Talking Re: How about a competition using BlueVoda????

Quote Originally Posted by Collectors-info
    I know it was suggested a short wile back about a challenge for the best website. And rightly so it was mentioned that it may create some friction.
    What I am suggesting is a competition to see who can create the best single 800x600 web page using only Bluevoda & nothing else what so ever. IE:…
    Then the top three or so from of each month can be showcased in a view only section of the forum. With maybe some info on how the page was created for others to use.
    Maybe have 2 categories. Like best artistic page created with BV & best technical creation using BV. Open for ideas on this.
    Right! NO LAUGHING! but just to give an idea of what I was thinking, I have put together a few pages on the type of thing I meant. http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/shapes1.html 1st page might take a sec to load.
    I personally thought the shapes tool didn’t work very well as I have seen so many sites that look like they have been made with a saw rather than BV shapes. But if used right, some really nice effects can be created with this tool & other facilities that BV has..

Would like to hear if this would be a good idea or not. Some one might suggest a way to vote without creating controversy amongst us all.. Maybe BV’s voting software?

Cheers.
    Great idea, you would need to make a form with different categories to vote for the best site, for example:

- loading time best out of 10
    - design best out of 10

.. etc. and maybe make it so that each month the websites all have to do with one category so maybe the first month can be all about the atlantic ocean for example, haha!

I didn't take time to read this whole thread, so maybe this has already been said
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

No, I don't believe you have read all that has been said Jeremy at all ...

I will further state how it is I see it.

I believe it should be a sample of what can be done with the blue voda webbuilder ... I like the idea Chris had, that you didn't use any other tools outside of the builder. That meant, no outside images or graphics or dynamics of any sort, so no ocean scenery Jeremy ...

I wanted to see it in a "Sticky Thread" format ... a relaxed atmosphere, not one that would be published as a list, from anyone's site at all ...

I wanted to be able to come to the sticky thread on any given day, and have a look at what so and so may have made, and of course their comments of how they achieved the look of their page would be within that post with their link.

I wanted it to be an ongoing thing, from here to eternity, quite possibly the longest thread in this house, (I know there is competition for that, lol) but one that remained on this voda host forum ... this is where I believe it belongs ...

What I was saying in regards to the opportunity for other members to see our sites, was just the fact that those participating would have the url to their site within their sample page ... simply that, nothing more .... I think the thread could be entitled "Blue Voda Webbuilder Creations" - browse through this thread and see the styles offered by some of our members. I think if you want to have a few categories, they could be "All About Shapes" - "All About Text" - or "Combo pages" ... or whatever anyone can think of within the software itself.

I think it's a simple plan, one that people can jump in and out of at their own pace or willingness.

AGAIN - my two cents!

And btw Chris, I have not commented as much as I should, but your work is fabulous, you have already won any competition for such in my mind. I noticed when you did the remake of the motorcycle site, forgive me I forget the name, but I think your work is wonderful.

Oh and sorry if I wanted too much, lol ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Thanks Holly,

Great idea!
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Well Put Holly - simple, clean, easy. It would be easy to find stuff with the sub catagories, and if people used there own online name for their thread, then they could add to it and we would all know where to look for more of their (spectacular) work. Also, comments and questions about their specific pages wouldn't got lost within a long bunch of pages ..
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com

Almost Liz ...

Dependent on the number of categories, this would decide the number of threads ... a thread per category, as opposed to a thread per person (a thread being the main topic where everyone posts)

Then everyone post their work regarding that topic in that thread ...

I think if we made individual threads for everyone, then some would be lost.

So all pages made using shapes, goes into thread called "Blue Voda Creations Using Shapes"

So all pages made using text, goes into thread called "Blue Voda Creations Using Text"

The combo - the same ...

p.s. a thread is what you start a new topic on within a designated area of the forum, a post is what you make within a thread.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Yep you are correct.. that is what I meant, just had my terms wrong....be kind to me, first cup of coffee, you know?
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com

Quote Originally Posted by davidundalicia
    You can always use your imagination with a blank page, you cant with flash....
    Oh i Don't know, you would be surprised what you could come up with a Graphics Tablet a pen and a bit of creativity.

Aliens, we couldn’t leave you behind. So we knocked up a spare space ship for you. The triangles are loading it up right now?
    Sorry about the Ramses III look to it but it used to belong to an Egyptian.
    Take care of it. Its only done 100000000000000000000000000000000000 miles. & just been serviced. http://www.collectors-info.com/testing/space.html

Cheers.
    Cooooooooooool

Now you lot don't take this the wrong way, but if you keep discussing the ifs, Doe's, dont's, and why nots, this will never get of the ground.
    i suggest you have a committee comprising of 3 or 4 members, which would be voted on to the committee by all member putting forward 4 names, set a date for closing, then the names that have the most sponsors are offered the post. Then those 3 or 4 members thrash out the fine details and rules, they then put this to vodahost, and if vodahost accept, a forum should be opened and the ground rules and competition posted.

Just a thought

Cool Re: How about a competition using BlueVoda????

I am with you there, my distinguished Alien friend!

Forming a consensus (even first amongst trusted/"appointed" peers) within a Steering Committee to solidfy many of the details would be the first step.

(And I will tell you.....I was once again at odds with how this idea was being flipped, bashed, and morphed about so, had it not been for you to offer this suggestion, I would not have maintained any interest!)

Quote Originally Posted by Vasili
    I was rather looking forward to an engaging little project along the "build-a-story" fashion.....being non-competitive and requiring more than BV expertise (or showmanship) it would be open to more people to have fun with and learn from at the same time.....Oh well!

>> Dave: This is why I used "dubious" earlier....as in 'doubtful' or 'ill-defined' and not the obviously misunderstood usage alleged as in 'questionable or deceptive'.....
    Eric, its posible to amalgamate several ideas that have been put forward by using the vodahost forum with a twist.............

We have a free Wiki in fantastico which would accomodate text, pictures/pages/ etc. I wonder if ***** would consider opening up a voda wiki type of
    program so that anyone could at any time add to this wiki.

Just a thought...............

Cheers.
    Hey Collectors_Info

For a Good Laugh, here's my artistic page.
    http://www.atexflooring.ca/clowning_around.html

Mike

Mike
    Hah! Poke your tongue out at me Eh! & still want to enter the competition. OK then. Lol
    The way this may end up going, you may of even won.

Great start.

REF- Competition.
    Ladyeye,
    Your suggestion sounds really good. Keep it nice & simple with NO marks for anything except someone likes it or they don’t. And must be created using only BV. Could maybe use the forums rating tool to vote on all the entry’s. We can always pop a note in our signatures to say please have a look at my entry for the competition.

REF-HELP PAGES
    Hi all,
    There are some different idea’s floating around, & I must admit David’s idea of a wiki style site, sounds a really excellent way to go. I personally am not quite sure how flexible this style of site is, but on the ones that I have seen are great.
    The only thing that maybe hard to implement is a standard that everyone will stick to.

Nice idea David.

This will be great if we ever get it going ... what about ... keep it fairly simple for the first trial & efforts and perhaps it could develop into something more elaborate as we go ... I don't know ....

So when are we starting ... do we need a "Whistle" .... can we get a checkered flag to start us off ... can someone make that in the blue voda program ... ??? Maybe that is what we could start with ... everyone take a shot at building a logo for this initiative ... and of course, using any programs available to the user would be fine for the logo... do you think??
    Then we could all have a vote on what logo we would like to use, just to get things moving ....

???

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

So .. enough talking more getting this going? haha
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Nice one Lady!.
    Being a Brit & just for a laugh. We could even call this first competition the (BBC) Bluevoda Banner Competition?
    The only thing is! There would have to be some rules as it wouldn’t be fare to everyone that would like to enter. I personally think the banner should be built using only BV components, as there will be many forum members that just don’t have paint shop & programs like this because of the price. So it wouldn’t really be fare to all of these guys, plus it would be going away from seeing what can really be created, & how creative someone can be, using just the free BV software.
    How about the banner being
    1. 468x60 or 728x90 (Google sizes) this can be the individuals choice
    2. It can be in an image or html format? IE: (Static or moving) But no external scripts/codes or images are allowed. Can only use BV elements.
    3. If needed! You can use an external program like paint or MS picture manager to enable the facility of taking a screen shot & resizing, reducing kbs or cropping the banner size to the above Google dimensions. But can’t be used in any way to change, add or enhance what has been done with BV.

The only other thing is the name to create on the banner?
    Is “The Bluevoda showcase” name ok? Just need somesort of text to base the banner on that everyone can use.

Examples.

The BV Showcase.
    BVS
    Showcase in BV
    Bluevoda Showcase. And so on. (Basically any order you like using these words or abbreviations).

Cheers.

Just be aware that if you google with

bluevoda showcase

you will come up with 4 or 5 pages of entries for the bluevoda showcase that already exists....................

and I got the impression from all the posts here, that we were NOT going to have a competition !!!!!!

Just a sample:

SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users ...
    6, Showcase of BlueVoda Websites from around the World View Dozens of BlueVoda Websites without leaving this site. (Unless you want to). ...
    bluevodaforms.com/showcase/ - 166k - Cached - Similar pages
    Showcase of Websites Created by other BlueVoda users
    Showcase of Websites created by Other BLUEVODA Users. See dozens of websites from all over the world that have been created using Bluevoda website Builder.
    bluevodaforms.com/bvwebsites.html - 34k - Cached - Similar pages
    How about a competition using BlueVoda???? - Web Hosting
    (Bluevoda showcase page) This text link would have standardised but the back end link would go to the BV showcase index on each person’s site. ...
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/rev...-bluevoda.html - 142k - Cached - Similar pages
    Want to be Included in a SHOWCASE of Websites Created by OTHER ...
    Showcase of Bluevoda and Soho websites Created by Other Users. ... Well done on creating such a great window to showcase BLUEVODA. regards Alber ...
    http://www.vodahost.com/.../link-exc...oda-users.html - 158k - Cached - Similar pages
    Top Directorys : Stats - SHOWCASE of BlueVoda Websites from around ...
    SHOWCASE of BlueVoda Websites from around the World Username: davidundalicia Description: View Dozens of BlueVoda Websites without leaving this site. ...
    topdirectorys.com/index.php?a=stats&u=davidundalicia - 19k - Cached - Similar pages
    Mortgages & Re-Mortgages
    Where the customer is King. My BlueVoda Showcase List · create website. Disclaimer: Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up the repayments on ...
    brittanicmortgages.co.uk/ - 24k - Cached - Similar pages
    Free site builder and website design you will love it
    Now, I am writing a book to showcase my success as an entrepreneur. The bluevoda site builder has turned me into a money minting machine. ...
    www.bluevoda.com/website-design-site-builder.htm - 17k - Cached - Similar pages
    Free site builder and website web design
    The BlueVoda site builder and the importance of a good website design ... a website constructed for you where you could showcase your wares or services. ...
    www.bluevoda.com/site-builder-website-design.htm - 17k - Cached - Similar pages
    BlueVoda Email Contact Form | FREE Download
    BlueVoda email feedback, contact form, free downloadable zip file available NOW. ... SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users - ...
    youandmelinkup.info/ - 13k - Cached - Similar pages
    Renee's Baskets and Gifts
    Bluevoda Exchange Link. This site is linked to Bluevoda Exchange Link ... SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users -
    www.reneesbasketsandgifts.com/ - 30k - Cached - Similar pages

Keiths Home Page
    SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users -. Welcome to my web home away from home! I hope you enjoy your visit! My latest Discovery- ...
    netisopen.com/ - 17k - Cached - Similar pages
    Girl on the Hill HQ | Luxury Handcrafted Cards | Exclusive ...
    SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users -. Your first stop for the very latest in NASCAR news from NASCAR on FOX - featuring Darrell ...
    www.girlonthehill.co.uk/ - 15k - Cached - Similar pages
    Windows Marketplace: Web Site Creation & Management
    Affiliate Showcase Viral Traffic Book by Mark D Worthen ... BlueVoda is a drag & drop free Web site builder that enables a user with little or no experience ...
    http://www.windowsmarketplace.ca/res...spx?bcatid=177 - 40k - Cached - Similar pages
    Grand Island Ne Real Estate-Jeff King Realtor
    Showcase · Grand Island Ne MLS Search ... Grand Island Ne Realtor. Realtor.com ./ror.xml · SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users -
    www.grandislandnebraskarealestate.com/ - 9k - Cached - Similar pages
    Luxury Self Catering Holiday Apartment to let in Exclusive ...
    ... Counter - Show your google Pagerank without Toolbar · Who links to me? SHOWCASE Websites List · SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users -
    www.mvpalma1.com/ - 20k - Cached - Similar pages
    BB Destination Express is travel agency service providing personal ...
    SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users - · http://bbdestinationexpress.com/index.html · http://bbdestinationexpress.com/agentblog ...
    www.bbdestinationexpress.com/ - 10k - Cached - Similar pages
    Mexico Guided Tours - Mexican Vacations - Sacred and Cultural ...
    SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users -. Travel is not just about getting from point A to point B, it is about the memories you leave ...
    www.mayatabasco.com/ - 27k - Cached - Similar pages
    Learn Spanish: Complete Resource Guide
    SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users - · sitemap · Click here now to subscibe to our free monthly newsletter ...
    www.myworldspanish.com/ - 15k - Cached - Similar pages
    English Warbow
    SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users - · Site Map · ror.xml. Batsford 2007 entry form here. Gratefull thanks for use of the photo by ...
    www.englishwarbow.com/ - 6k - Cached - Similar pages
    Panzoom properties is the only national gallery of photo and video ...
    SHOWCASE of Websites Created With BlueVoda and Soho Users - · Brochure. Videos are streamed directly from our server, no additional software needed! ...
    www.panzoomproperties.com/ - 27k - Cached - Similar pages

David. Good point! & I should have even looked at one of my earlier posts.

How’s about some ideas on just the name to begin with. Couple of suggestions?

The Bluevoda Gallery. (BG)
    BV Gallery. (BVG)
    Bluevoda Designs (BD)
    Bluevoda Art (BA)

OR

Vodahost Gallery (VG)
    VH Gallery (VHG)
    Vodahost Art (VA)
    Vodahost Deign (VD) This one may not be the best abbreviation idea, but will get lots of hits if it became a site. lol

Cheers.

Dont get me wrong chris, I have no objections as to the name, in fact it would put my site in front of many more people......which can only be good.

I like the Vodahost Design one............lol... (lots and lots of hits)

Quote Originally Posted by davidundalicia
    Dont get me wrong chris, I have no objections as to the name, in fact it would put my site in front of many more people......which can only be good.

I like the Vodahost Design one............lol... (lots and lots of hits)
    Hi David, (whoops! But I just see my bad spelling as well) Tut,tut.
    I wouldn’t mind, but the url www.vd-designs.com is actually available. Still! It’s all a bit tongue & cheek at the moment & only looking for a name. Open for all ideas.

Cheers.

As a Wiseman once said, “If you keep discussing the If’s, Do's, Dont's, and Why Not’s, this will never get of the ground.”

1. I believe the entire process, event, competition, showcase, whatever you want to call it should be on this forum, right from the discussions, to the voting for the logo/header, to the posting of your url with your page creation. My reasons, as I stated previously, are because this forum is where members come to look for ideas. If all of the page urls submitted by participating members, are kept in one thread, (a thread being made for each entry category though), and all threads created under the forum section of Blue Voda Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts, then the threads live on forever and ever on the forum. I am not interested in having a domain name purchased or offered by anyone for this event/venture.

2. I think if we ask ***** nicely enough, he might create a sub-forum for us under the heading “Blue Voda Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts”. As soon as we come up with the name for this event. Just as an example, this might be, Gallery of BlueVoda Creators.

3. I do not see it as, and it should not be used as, an opportunity for anyone of us to jump on the bandwagon to give our own websites further pushes from google. There is plenty of that going on here right now … as I have shown in this post right now. When you submit your page entries, you would then have the opportunity to do the following, this page created by LadyEye, etc., etc., and you could boost your own site at that time through your entry. I believe it is all about showing members what and how things can be done. Each and everyone of us will be amazed at the creations and will carry with us new found techniques and ideas that we can use ourselves, but mainly they are there for everyone.

4. The creation of a logo or header should also include the process of coming up with a unique name to use for these page entries and should be the maximum of ‘800 x ‘150 – if we are to use it as a header, the preferred standard width for the pages to be built, or smaller if you choose a logo, as opposed to a header.

Once created, everyone participating would use this header or logo on their page entry. (We won’t use the word banner for reasons brought to our attention by Karen, in an earlier thread.) I believe everyone can if they would like to, get their hands on a free program for this type of creation, and should be, since it will need to be placed on the forum in the forum of a graphic image for us all to copy and use with our page entries. I believe this will have to come to a vote and so be it, and if anyone wants to wag their tail about their creation being used, so be it as well.

5. Once we have the logo/header in place, we would start the first category, which since all of this is Chris’s idea, should be the category “Inserting & The Use of Shapes in Blue Voda”

6. I have summoned Judge Judy, she is ready at any time to get this Show on the road … lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Go for it Judge, and as you say, get this show on the road.
    Your ideas are sound and NO one that I know wanted to host this for their own gain.
    The only problem that I can see is the publishing of graphics in the forum as a lot of new people will have problems in this area.

Having said that, and as this WAS chris´s idea, start the ball rolling as you have so wisely suggested.................GO, GO, GO....................

(Dang, timed out again, had to go and re-create my post here,lol)

No no David, lol, I am not the Judge, just was keeping “her” handy, and wanting us to get this settled.

I believe since it is Chris’s idea, he is the one to make the final decision and get this show on the road …

Maybe he could start by doing this … and then dependent on the results, would also be the one who would kindly ask ***** to make the sub-category section “Blue Voda Creators Gallery” under Blue Voda Tips & Tricks … (I believe this should be done, once we have taken this poll, then everything can begin in that new area, if that is what is decided)

Chris to start a New Thread Entitled “Two Polls for Blue Voda Creations – Cast Your Vote”

First Poll – Project Location - Please vote either 1 or 2

Option 1 – Entire project be kept in house in this forum, everyone submit their page entries using their own websites url (under the appropriate thread for each page entry category we make, as we go along.)

Option 2 – Project to be assigned a domain name (another vote would be required) and everyone publish their pages to this domain …

Second Poll – Logo/Header - Please vote either 1 or 2

Option 1 – Design a logo/header for this using entirely anything in Blue Voda only. This would then be on everyone’s page entry as logo/header for each page entry they submit. (However, this can be tricky as instructions would need to be given and the re-creating by everyone may not end up exactly as the original??)

Option 2 – Design a logo/header for this project using any resources you have. Same thing, it gets duplicated for page entries. Save it as an image. Submit it in the appropriate thread entitled “Logo/Header Entries for Blue Voda Creators Gallery”.

David, in so far as our own gain, I believe this forum is googled more than anything, we all stand to gain by using this forum …

It was Aliens who so wisely suggested we get the ball rolling, he is the WiseMan!!

We will need to give instructions as to how to either attach an image or insert an image in a post … that will work …

Decisions .... Decision ....

Okay Chris ... Your Call!! You're Up at Bat Casey!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEye
    (Dang, timed out again, had to go and re-create my post here,lol)

No no David, lol, I am not the Judge, just was keeping “her” handy, and wanting us to get this settled.

I believe since it is Chris’s idea, he is the one to make the final decision and get this show on the road …

Maybe he could start by doing this … and then dependent on the results, would also be the one who would kindly ask ***** to make the sub-category section “Blue Voda Creators Gallery” under Blue Voda Tips & Tricks … (I believe this should be done, once we have taken this poll, then everything can begin in that new area, if that is what is decided)

Chris to start a New Thread Entitled “Two Polls for Blue Voda Creations – Cast Your Vote”

First Poll – Project Location - Please vote either 1 or 2

Option 1 – Entire project be kept in house in this forum, everyone submit their page entries using their own websites url (under the appropriate thread for each page entry category we make, as we go along.)

Option 2 – Project to be assigned a domain name (another vote would be required) and everyone publish their pages to this domain …

Second Poll – Logo/Header - Please vote either 1 or 2

Option 1 – Design a logo/header for this using entirely anything in Blue Voda only. This would then be on everyone’s page entry as logo/header for each page entry they submit. (However, this can be tricky as instructions would need to be given and the re-creating by everyone may not end up exactly as the original??)

Option 2 – Design a logo/header for this project using any resources you have. Same thing, it gets duplicated for page entries. Save it as an image. Submit it in the appropriate thread entitled “Logo/Header Entries for Blue Voda Creators Gallery”.

David, in so far as our own gain, I believe this forum is googled more than anything, we all stand to gain by using this forum …

It was Aliens who so wisely suggested we get the ball rolling, he is the WiseMan!!

We will need to give instructions as to how to either attach an image or insert an image in a post … that will work …

Decisions .... Decision ....

Okay Chris ... Your Call!! You're Up at Bat Casey!!
    You Go Girl

Not saying "too many cooks" but it sure seems that there has been a lot of pot-banging without smelling anything cooking yet....

The polls? I can only vote on the first....I believe any such effort should be kept part of VodaTalk, as a "sticky" within the Showcase forum....

Rather than propose minutia to confound things, I would suggest keeping it simple at 800w (just like all the rest of our "advice" spilled throughout VodaTalk), and having no more than 3 threads, really, to 'categorize' and organize all the real basics: Page Layout & Development; Headers/Banners, & Page ID; Artistic Perspectives & Interpretations - Themes.

If kept really simple and within context (the basic guidelines for BV page construct and "rules" etc.), you can expect a lot more pages to be offered up, and what IS offered more easily understood by your peers (not so freaking complicated or based on "one-upmanship" to intimidate, but to inspire!).

In my opinion, of course.
    Just goes to show you how hard it is to weed out "competition" and self-promotion, doesn't it?
    If this continues to be unnecessarily complicated, count me out.

Thanks, Holly, for bringing things back in rein. I had backed completely away from this thread, as it was going from a competition to people looking for a way to get search engines to see them.

KISS - Keep it simple, stupid.

As Vasili just stated, it could be up and running already - if it's going to be simply making pages under certain criteria, then posting the url to the page - it's become much more friendly again.

Hi all, sorry I haven’t posted back a little sooner. But a bit of back trouble has kept me in & out the office. But all back to normal now.
    Seems like there has been start middle & end to this discussion with some interesting ideas suggested along the way. If anyone would like to continue with this idea via the forum please, please feel free to do so & I will contribute to help in any way I can.
    As I said it was jut to get the feel & ideas on what might be needed to get this off the ground. But on reflecting on what would be needed if the project grew much more than a few pages using the forum, I believe it would be in trouble. I also realise that this would be impossible to manage properly, given the facilities & constraints that the forum would offer. So for this reason, plus my apologise for starting the post & not finishing it. I will opt out of this idea.

Good luck.

I've fallen of the BOX in the PUB

Cheers.
    Chris

Sorry to hear about your back, hope you are recovering as well as to be expected. I guess I had thought, logically, that you would be the guy to head this project, since it was your idea. I guess I can understand if you are not interested in doing so. However, from your onset of posting this thread, there has not been much deviation in suggesting to do what you had originally posted. Please accept my apology if my asking you to take a leadership role for this project has caused your decline in such.

I guess the voting for pages has been taken away, which in most opinions is a good thing, as we see it as a learning and teaching experience as opposed to a competition. As you had originally thought to keep it part of this forum, it appears most are also in agreement with this. With these things it has been kept simple.

Another idea of having a header/logo built that everyone could use on the page was introduced, which is a good idea, it adds to the strength of the venture by having one certain image posted on a page submitted within the category.

So I guess we look for a new leader to initiate this venture. I continue to be interested in this and would look forward to someone making a post in the appropriate area of the forum, setting a deadline date for page submissions. If we don't want to have a logo/header creation in advance, it doesn't matter to me ... but if anyone is willing to make this post and at the same time ask ***** to make us a sticky area, I would join in the efforts of creating and submitting a page ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

I was going to make a page. I liked your pages you made Chris.

Hi Lady, It would be great if you carried on with the project & really hope it gets off the ground. The only reason i am dropping out & would of liked it as a competition to enable a showcase of the best pages that entrants have made, so newbie’s could be shown what is possible using BV.
    I personally can’t see the point in saying to a newbie “have a look in this part of the forum for some ideas” when it maybe full of pages that aren’t the greatest of examples.
    (I was trying to say **** in a diplomatic way).
    It wouldn’t be doing vodahost any favours in the looks department, or give newbie’s looking for ideas any encouragement if they where pointed to this type area. This was the reason for a showcase where pages have earned their position via a vote.

Good luck.

Great to hear your reasons Chris and I hope you will eagerly submit your page creations just the same. I somewhat disagree with you though in your perspective of what this event can offer.

In so far as "Not doing Voda Any Good in the Looks Department" - I guess I see the entire forum as one that is chock full of ideas, suggestions, learning, teaching and attempts at putting it all together, whether the suggestions etc., are of ranking quality or not. I think anyone that submits a page or looks through an entire lot of pages, (even though some not suitable for top marks) will gain from seeing the creations. Any submissions would be totally worth building on. I see it as a begining but certainly not an end to the possibiilities. I guess I don't see it as an entry page being screened before it becomes eligible to show members of this community. I think everyone should have the opportunity to participate whether their material is worthy of top rating or not.

You might instead look at this as the "starting" point to see a possible evolution of more. I think it more important to solicit participation from everyone.

For now though, I think I will give this one more day, and see if anyone is interested in leading this venture to it's much needed step, and if not I would be happy to assume the role and set things in action.

Thanks Chris, I look forward to your participation and hope you will still participate by submitting your page entries in the categories that will be set up.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Go for it Holly, if you need any help, email me.........................

Hi Lady, It would be great if you carried on with the project & really hope it gets off the ground. The only reason i am dropping out & would of liked it as a competition to enable a showcase of the best pages that entrants have made, so newbie’s could be shown what is possible using BV.
    I personally can’t see the point in saying to a newbie “have a look in this part of the forum for some ideas” when it maybe full of pages that aren’t the greatest of examples.
    (I was trying to say **** in a diplomatic way).
    It wouldn’t be doing vodahost any favours in the looks department, or give newbie’s looking for ideas any encouragement if they where pointed to this type area. This was the reason for a showcase where pages have earned their position via a vote.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEye
    Great to hear your reasons Chris and I hope you will eagerly submit your page creations just the same. I somewhat disagree with you though in your perspective of what this event can offer.

In so far as "Not doing Voda Any Good in the Looks Department" - I guess I see the entire forum as one that is chock full of ideas, suggestions, learning, teaching and attempts at putting it all together, whether the suggestions etc., are of ranking quality or not. I think anyone that submits a page or looks through an entire lot of pages, (even though some not suitable for top marks) will gain from seeing the creations. Any submissions would be totally worth building on. I see it as a begining but certainly not an end to the possibiilities. I guess I don't see it as an entry page being screened before it becomes eligible to show members of this community. I think everyone should have the opportunity to participate whether their material is worthy of top rating or not.

You might instead look at this as the "starting" point to see a possible evolution of more. I think it more important to solicit participation from everyone.

For now though, I think I will give this one more day, and see if anyone is interested in leading this venture to it's much needed step, and if not I would be happy to assume the role and set things in action.

Thanks Chris, I look forward to your participation and hope you will still participate by submitting your page entries in the categories that will be set up.
    Finally Holly, some one has taken the bull by the horns and given it a good kicking.

Going, going, gone .. okay, you'll all be stuck with me ... I've sent off a bit of info to see about getting our own area for the gallery. Once this is in place, the first phase will begin.

So sounds good to me and I hope we will see alot of participation by any and all members.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Hmmmmm........I suppose there will be no end to it if I leave you high and dry on this one, huh?

< Dragging my feet as I come sit at the table >

Hmmmmm........I suppose there will be no end to it if I leave you high and dry on this one, huh?

Well Mister .... It's about time ............

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

now now all you multi-starred ones have to set a good example for those of us less stellar
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com

Cool Re: How about a competition using BlueVoda????

now now all you multi-starred ones have to set a good example for those of us less stellar
    Stars in your eyes, Stars on the shoulder....no matter! They all shine bright!

Did you keep up with the entire logistical developments in this thread, Liz?
    I seem to have the ability, but personally, I have lost track of exactly what it is I am supposed to "contribute" to anymore! LOLOL

Stars in your eyes, Stars on the shoulder....no matter! They all shine bright!

Did you keep up with the entire logistical developments in this thread, Liz?
    I seem to have the ability, but personally, I have lost track of exactly what it is I am supposed to "contribute" to anymore! LOLOL
    I watched it spin, as I am wont to do when commitees attempt decisions.. I figured when the smoke cleared the simplest plan would prevail: a place where anyone could post a solely vodamade page to exhibit what could be done. I haven't posted here because it was already overhydra-ized..LOL
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com

Right. Let the big guy be the first to take a shot!
    LOL

I made my thoughts pretty clear on this "subject" 9 months ago, the first time Chris proposed it, and again this time. I am much more comfortable it has morphed into a more saliable effort, much to do with Holly's influence....(I so tire of being the Forum Cop, the Preacher, AND the Librarian...) LOL

Well, you are shining brightly tonight Eric!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your 5th Star on your shoulder ... you wear it well.

You are the Adam of my Eye!!

sssssssshhhhhhhhhh

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

TWO of you five-stars..... that's pretty astral of you guys, wouldn't you say? LOL
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com

TWO of you five-stars..... that's pretty astral of you guys, wouldn't you say? LOL
    Liz, you are almost half way there .... Eye look forward to your day!!!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Thanks, Holly.....you had a lot to do with my gaining a whole star: all the games we played! (Shhhh! Another secret??)

* And....I get the "Adam" references, but isn't it "***** of mine eye" as a quote from the Bible?

Thanks, Holly.....you had a lot to do with my gaining a whole star: all the games we played! (Shhhh! Another secret??)

* And....I get the "Adam" references, but isn't it "***** of mine eye" as a quote from the Bible?

"***** of Mine Eye" it is .... U R!

ssssshhhhhhh I don't remember any stars when we were playing games, oh yes, maybe I do ........... sssssssshhhhhhh .... lol ... but that's another story right!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Please refer to the new thread to submit your page creations in the "Gallery of Blue Voda Creations".

This is not a competition, the page creations are more for inspiration and participation by all members.

Please join in the fun and creativity going on in this thread!!

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sea...earchid=324032

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Thanks David

I don't know what is going on there,lol ... some magic happening,

I put in the url and it works but then it changes ....

happened twice .....

Just my lucky day ....

Now my time has run out to change ... so thanks!!

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...b-builder.html

Oh, I thinks, I didn't have my copy & paste cleared ... that must be it .... do u think??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

LadyEye would you be so kind to email me at the address you have , as i was a complete numbtie and deleted all my mail, concerning link to site.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aliens Anonymous
    LadyEye would you be so kind to email me at the address you have , as i was a complete numbtie and deleted all my mail, concerning link to site.

Thanks

Will do Aliens, mail is on the way .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

You do not need a winner but instead strive to achieve the highest standard of web designing which will be awarded with a BV Blue Ribbon for use on the website.

this is an interesting topic. I did not take the time to read through this thread in its entirety, but I was curious if this "featured" page ever got put together??

I'm not necessarily interested in participating (because I enjoy my freedom to use photoshop) but I wondered about where I might find this page that all these sites are featured on.

:)

hey Hester and Zuriatman

The project is underway and in fact very soon we will be adding to the project, another category, using some of the new BV features ... ...

You can view the thread by clicking the large red

Project Participate in all of my posts ... that will take you to the action ... We'll love your participation ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Thread Information